You know you're fat when...

Options

Replies

• onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Here's the reversal after two months of eating healthy and working out:

1. Surprising the kids by suggesting a trip to the park to play catch!

2. Having not gone eaten fast food in over a MONTH!

3. That roll on my scalp is GONE!

4. My shoulders and neck are losing the humped look (see my blog for progress photos!)

5. THe tape has room to spare!

6. Lost so many inches!

7. The seatbelt firs AND I can touch my gps without unbuckling!

8. Um, size is, own from ten!

9. And they are bikinis and not granny's!

10. I was able to remove my rings tonight, the first time in a yr!
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    When all your jeans get mystery holes on the inner thighs

It's a very sad moment when you realize that the mystery holes are from your thighs constantly rubbing together lol That's actually what made me decide to lose weight!

When you dress up as the devil for Halloween and some drunk moron asks if you're supposed to be the koolaid man. (This actually really happened to my friend. It was SO SAD!!)
  • fenna3107
    fenna3107 Posts: 46
    Options
    This is so true...
    Kids point at you in the store
    Random strangers yell obscenities at you calling you not so nice names
    You can't get on the floor to play with your kids because you can't get up without help
    You wear pajamas all the time because jeans are uncomfortable
    You don't like going in public to eat because the servers raise their brow as you order
    You're afraid to try to date
    You go to the bar with your skinny friends and stand in the corner all night as they get hit on
    It takes a few tries to get up off the chair
    You can't stand up to do the dishes because your feet and back ache
    You call the person in the next room because you don't want to use the effort of getting up
    You need your kids to fetch things for you because it's too hard for you
    You can't touch your toes or tie your shoes comfortably
    [/quote]
  • kath2810
    kath2810 Posts: 93
    Options
    When you are stopped in the shopping complex by healthy inspirations and asked if you want to join up!!! :mad:
  • FranStar93
    FranStar93 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    WHEN U WANT TO WEAR THAT SKIN TIGHT RED HOT DRESS LIKE UR FRIENDS BUT LOOK LIKE A CHERRY INSTEAD -_- AHHH LOL STORY OF MY LIFEEE GRRR HOPEFULLY IM GOING TO CHANGE THAT
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Your belly hangs down as you do a push up :grumble:
  • fenna3107
    fenna3107 Posts: 46
    Options
    All the responses to this thread is so great and I can relate to a lot of them! Thankfully we are all on a mission to change that!
  • HikeThatMountain
    Options
    You suck in your tummy when you stand on the scale.
    You weigh yourself BEFORE your shower.
    You unbutton your jeans as soon as you get home.
    You hope getting a haircut might show a little loss on the scale.
    Scales at the doctor's office are inaccurate...after all...you are fully dressed.

Oh lmao!!, guilty of the last three, but the first two are priceless :)))))

I also find this post very inspiring, to know I am not the only one to speed up to a faster pace to cross at a stoplight before it changes and be afraid that EVERYONE can see my boobs bouncing up and slapping my triple chins!, but in all honesty, at the time I am only hoping and praying that I can make the curb without my knees giving out and being that person that falls splat on their face in public!
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    You just want to wear comfy clothes and stay home.

LOL this is the story of my current life and I'm not even fat anymore hahaha.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I wish I was a DD!! I was a DD by the time I graduated high school in 1994. I am a 36 HH and believe me those 3 or 4 letters in between there make a big difference. Champion doesn't make a sports bra to fit me. I have a few good ones I bought from a company called Bravissimo that makes or sells bras and bra sized swimwear for girls with big boobs. My boobs are not from being fat, I've always had big boobs and I won't lose them when I lose the weight. I never do.

I don't expect a ton of sympathy here, but try being a 40B. And I don't even fill it out. T_T
    Sympathy here, I don't fill 42A. But at least it's not painful when we work out - or not THERE, anyway
  • HikeThatMountain
    Options
    The bottom of your shirt and top of your trousers keep parting ways (such, such a good look)

Haa, haa, ya, that rates up there with a "plumber's crack" :happy:
  • amokamo
    amokamo Posts: 3
    Options

It's a very sad moment when you realize that the mystery holes are from your thighs constantly rubbing together lol

Yep, I can totally relate to this one.
  • Kyrithys
    Kyrithys Posts: 32
    Options
    When you have to rock back and forth to get out of bed and you end up rocking yourself back to sleep.

:laugh:
  • dietcokeg
    dietcokeg Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i agree with everything said here!! this post made me remember the time when i was about 11 (i was obese my whole life) and i was in the queue at Mcdonald's and this guy behind me in his 20's was right behind me and said 'oh fatty is hungry' 'fatty is going to order McDonalds' something along those lines, I was so horrified even at that age that someone thinks they can talk to someone. I remember at that moment I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me!
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    1. You stop shopping for clothes
    2. When someone says "your not even that big"
    3. You suck yourself into pants
    4. Your inner thighs hurt from rubbing together *ouch*
    5. You puke when you look at yourself

:cry:
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    You have a basketball for a head.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    When you'll cut the corners of your mouth trying to fit that whole chip in one bite
  • Daisychain65
    Daisychain65 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    When your Dad, a man who never makes personal comments, (trying to be kind) says "Don't you think this weight thing is getting a bit silly now"
  • hellza
    hellza Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness - yes, that it is all my jeans. I don't even bother to replace them now, I just buy longer shirts.

It's a very sad moment when you realize that the mystery holes are from your thighs constantly rubbing together lol

Yep, I can totally relate to this one.
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options

6. Trying to measure my hips and the tape measure runs out of tape.

5. Tape measure is sixty inches!

This was my depressing moment when I started too!! Now I have lost 18 inches of fat from my hips and waist and it isn't a problem any more! Yay! A foot and a half of fat....gone!