• finz96
    finz96 Posts: 102
    Options
    This!

Oops! Quote didn't appear!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

I speak only from experience. I had a very very rough relationship once. I was trapped 600 miles away from my friends and family, none of whom liked my boyfriend in the first place. I was depressed, suicidal, lonely as hell even though I had a man who supposedly loved me and wanted us to be together forever.

They're good at telling you what you want to hear, but nothing else. Trust your family's judgement here.

Thank you for this message, I really appreciate it! :flowerforyou: I'm sorry you had to go through that. I just really want to make sure I am doing the right thing, and I know we're still in the honeymoon phase, but everyone doesn't have the same experience like you had, you know?

Yes, but the number who also do have that kind of experience is astronomically high. Your odds are not good unless you use your scientific mind a bit more.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Really?

M'kay. Well assuming that you are serious, and for the love of all that is awesome, I hope this is a joke, there is no magic # of people you need to date in life. You know when you know.

Chris sounds like a controlling person. I can't imagine my husband (together 17 years this year) ever checking up on me or freaking out about me talking to other people - we are adults. It would not surprise me to learn that he lied to you about your ex cheating so that he could take advantage of the situation.

I find it difficult to believe that you broke up with your ex solely based on Chris' word.

Of COURSE I didn't break up with him because Chris said to. Chris never said I should break up with Simon, he just kept reminding me that it was all about trust and asking me to ask myself if I could REALLY trust Simon. I found my own answer.

This is exactly what I did to a girl I knew when I wanted to convince her to dump her ex for me without sounding like I was trying to convince her to dump her ex for me. For the record though he was a *kitten*. And I'm cute as a button.

I think you have quite a warped and immature view of relationships. Please don't be offended. But quoting a magazine, and stating that you might agree with it because you are scientific type person. Madness. Scientists used to think the earth was flat.

I just hope you are trolling. If so, its a good one.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    so technically you're not with anyone right now?

Why not go have some fun, hook up with 3 randoms, meet your quota and go from there. You might accidentally find what you're looking for while you're having fun.

This is just rude.

I am with Christ.

That's not good. From what I remember he had a bit of a foot fetish...
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

As far as numbers, you should know when you know, not by a number.

I agree. When I got married, I had only dated 2 others. Since then, I've added 37 men and 8 women to the list, but I know that my husband is the right one for me. When it's right, it's right.
  • teshiburu
    teshiburu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Really?

M'kay. Well assuming that you are serious, and for the love of all that is awesome, I hope this is a joke, there is no magic # of people you need to date in life. You know when you know.

Chris sounds like a controlling person. I can't imagine my husband (together 17 years this year) ever checking up on me or freaking out about me talking to other people - we are adults. It would not surprise me to learn that he lied to you about your ex cheating so that he could take advantage of the situation.

I find it difficult to believe that you broke up with your ex solely based on Chris' word.

Of COURSE I didn't break up with him because Chris said to. Chris never said I should break up with Simon, he just kept reminding me that it was all about trust and asking me to ask myself if I could REALLY trust Simon. I found my own answer.

Really? OK I hate to say this honey, but you are an Idiot, a total fool.

But that said I bet you didn't know that babies are born by holding hands?

If you don't believe me there are scientific results here on yahoo answers that you can check to confirm my statement: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090325135749AATNKmC

You didn't break up with Simon because Chris told you to, but did you confront Simon about this?

If you answer No to the above - then why the hell did you dump him?

I can guess your response would be the above

"Chris never said I should break up with Simon, he just kept reminding me that it was all about trust and asking me to ask myself if I could REALLY trust Simon. I found my own answer."

So, let me get this straight, you never confronted Simon, just listened to someone constantly saying "can you trust him?" "its all about trust" "are you sure you can trust him" "hey where are you today?" "hey are you seeing simon today" "hey who have you been messaging on MFP" "oh yeah, can you trust simon? you can trust me! i trust you"

YOU ARE A TOTAL FOOL AN ABSOLUTE MORON!

Answer me this one question: What did Simon ever do that meant you didn't trust him?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I'm getting all sorts of great ideas from this thread.
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I'm not totally against it.
    I really need to get out of the San Diego area.

These are not sound reasons for marrying someone. You need to do some more growing up before you commit to a life-long relationship, whether that means dating zero, one, three, or X more people.

Marriage is not something to enter into lightly. You are not ready at this time.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Soooo Chris told you Simon may be cheating then He starts dating you?
    He wants to know who is PMing you and gets jealous?
    This doesn't sound healthy.
    Makes me think Simon may not have been cheating, but Chris wanted you to break up so maybe you should listen to your family.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Date a insecure control freak for two months and ask if you should get married/move/have children or bang out 3 more dudes?

Yeah, you are a keeper!
  • finz96
    finz96 Posts: 102
    Options
    This!
    Chris is an insane liar who lied to you about Simon cheating. He did this so he could have you to himself, and now he wants to trap you forever. Run back to Simon, but do it slowly. Stop for 3 guys on the way.

I wish you nothing but success on your journey.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Just lemme know if you want/need a lucky #13.

wink wink nudge nudge
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    You have GOT to be kidding. If not, you're since of what a good relationship is is totally warped. Good luck honey, you need it.

I admitted I am bad at relationships. This is not very supportive.

may not be supportive, but Chris sounds like a wack job...have fun in your disaster of a relationship. If you're that analytical, then you should see the red flags all over the place! and it's bad that you're dating your ex's friend, totally inconsiderate of you.
  • Jennas125
    Jennas125 Posts: 16
    Options
    This Chris sounds like my ex. a very controlling man who thought i was stopping to have sex with someone if i was even 2 min late getting home from work. GET OUT! On the other hand my husband of 12 years now who is a very wonderful and has no control issues at all and trusts me completely and never worries about who I am talking to or PMing. We moved in together after 3 weeks of knowing each other :) we met at a bar and he showed up at my work a few days later and that was it for us. i knew i could not see my life without him so i kept him and he me. That's how a relationship should feel when its real.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Considering i know a few couples who actually met when they were little kids and their friendship grew into romance that then turned into lifelong marraiges, I highly doubt there's any need to date 12 people. It's not like whatever force you believe dictates the events within the universe is sitting around, tallying how many boyfriends you've had.

Besides, if human interactions could be boiled down to statistics and numbers so easily, we cops would have been replaced by robots and computers a while ago.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

YOU ARE A TOTAL FOOL AN ABSOLUTE MORON!

THAT'S AGAINST THE FORUM RULES, MR. SHOUTY PANTS!!!!
  • zaftiggirl
    zaftiggirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yeah; relationships are cool–but have you guys heard of chocolate fountains?
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I'm Team Simon on this one. Poor guy. You are hot and sound like you are being played like Pacman.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

I agree. When I got married, I had only dated 2 others. Since then, I've added 37 men and 8 women to the list, but I know that my husband is the right one for me. When it's right, it's right.

But you said it was only 36!!!! :angry:
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

That was one busy New Years Eve.