Round 2, Day 33/90 Yoga done!
  • Nate0047
    Nate0047 Posts: 105
    Options
    Day 82/90 - legs and back done!
  • larsfromars
    larsfromars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    day 75 Back and legs...and worked the abs hard !! Have a great weekend !!
  • larsfromars
    Options
    Day 78 Chest/Shoulders/tris finished. Getting so much stronger...increasing weights or reps in almost every instance.
    Nate: you just about done with your 90 days aren't you ?
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Yep, I'm on day 85/90. I just finished yoga x. And I've also seen a lot of improvement in every aspect P90X targets. Though I'm actually most proud of the improvements I've made in yoga. The flexibility, balance and core strength I have are the parts of this program that I value most. The biceps are nice, but I'm pretty sure it's yoga that's going to help me most when it comes to the other sports I enjoy. I think yoga might even be might favorite video now. I never would have thought that at the beginning.

I didn't mean to go AWOL on the forums last week. I was interviewing for new jobs, so was focused on that, and was offered two. Still, I managed to keep pushing play. Now I'm getting documents together to apply for a Chinese visa. I'm moving to Shenzhen in July (hopefully).
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Day 86/90 - core synergistics done!
  • larsfromars
    Options
    Day 70 done ! Sweat fun Plyometrics.

Nate: China ? Wow that is awesome ! No worries....I'm scarce on MFP on the weekends. We are really
    active on the weekend between home projects, family stuff and, getting out for a night on the town.
    Pretty neat that you have come to see the benifits Yoga so much. At 47 I really do appreciate it...and plan on
    doing Yoga beyond P90x. I plan on staying as flexible as possible !!
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Day 87/90 - kenpo x done! i'm out of town for the next three days taking a much needed vacation. I'll resume my count on sunday.
  • larsfromars
    Options
    Day 71 Back and Biceps and ab ripper finished ! Enjoy your 3 day break Nate.
  • larsfromars
    Options
    Day 73 Back and Biceps done....I also put a whippin on The Abripper.
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Day 88/90 - x stretch done!

I had a good three days off, and really enjoyed my time outside the city. That said, I feel much better now that I've had a day of healthy food (eating habits weren't great on vacation, but I was with friends so there wasn't a whole lot I could do about it), a 5k run (to test out the new Zombies, Run! app I downloaded for my phone) and some x stretch. bring it!
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Day 89/90 - core synergistics done!
  • larsfromars
    Options
    Day 85 Yoga in the books... Great job Nate !!
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Question out there for all of you X'ers....

I just bought a used copy of p90X from craigslist that someone had offered stating they didn't need it anymore. Anyway, I bring it home and inspect the discs and I cannot get Core Synergistics or Cardio X to work.... :(

Would any of you know if there might be a good swap for those two from Insanity?? Or should I find a way to replace those discs?
  • larsfromars
    Options
    Day 86 Core Synergistics done. 4 days left !!
  • larsfromars
    Options
    day 87 Kenpo x been punched and kicked !!
  • Nate0047
    Options

I just bought a used copy of p90X from craigslist that someone had offered stating they didn't need it anymore. Anyway, I bring it home and inspect the discs and I cannot get Core Synergistics or Cardio X to work.... :(

Would any of you know if there might be a good swap for those two from Insanity?? Or should I find a way to replace those discs?

I'm not sure about swapping them, but the cardio x disc is supplementary. It's not actually required for any portion of the program. I put it in when I thought I hadn't burned enough calories, or just had some extra time and energy. I'm starting Insanity next week, and will let you know then if I think the core discs are comparable.
  • Nate0047
    Options
    Yoga x done last night, and that's the end of P90X (for now)!

Here's how the numbers stack up.

Lost 11.2kg (~25lbs)
    Waist shrunk by 3.5"
    Hips shrunk by 3"
    Neck shrunk by 0.75"

You can find before and after pics on my profile. Happy Xing! Insanity starts Monday!
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I am re-starting too, kind of. I absolutely love two of them: Legs & Back and Plyometrics. They are the toughest for me and target what I want to get done.
  • mfleeg
    mfleeg Posts: 137 Member
    Options

I'm not sure about swapping them, but the cardio x disc is supplementary. It's not actually required for any portion of the program. I put it in when I thought I hadn't burned enough calories, or just had some extra time and energy. I'm starting Insanity next week, and will let you know then if I think the core discs are comparable.

Thanks so much!!! :) I am excited to start p90X in about..... 30 days. (That's what I have left of insanity and so I purchased p90x as my "what's the next thing i want to tackle?") :)