Abercrombie and Fitch CEO "hates fat chicks"

Options

Replies

• vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Abercrombie XL = Kohl's M

It's just not a clothing store for larger folks.

And that is the reason someone like me can't shop at stores like Kohls, where the extra small is so big it should really be labeled a medium.

really? I found their sized to be "normal" compared to places liek A&F and Structure (is Structure even still around?)
  • blackmagic25
    blackmagic25 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    yawn people are still going to buy his **** though just saying
  • vice350z
    Options
    yawn people are still going to buy his **** though just saying

label *kitten*...although i wouldn't consider A&F to be high end...just over priced.
  • ebcangel
    ebcangel Posts: 1
    Options
    I think someone should start a site or a pinterest board of people wearing the clothing just looking ridiculous. He's so worried about the label and people looking cool I think people should intentionally try to look terrible in his clothing. Just a though
  • vice350z
    Options
    i can't help but LOL when i see morons still popping their collars...not that it was ever cool to start with.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

And that is the reason someone like me can't shop at stores like Kohls, where the extra small is so big it should really be labeled a medium.

really? I found their sized to be "normal" compared to places liek A&F and Structure (is Structure even still around?)

I've actually never shopped at A&F and certainly don't plan to start, so I'm not sure about them. I do personally have to only shop at stores that run small in order to find clothes that fit me (I am very small framed). I only know about the women sizing (mens may be different).
  • constant_imrovement
    constant_imrovement Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I could care less about Abercrombie & Fitch. Not important enough to have any relevance to me...
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I don't know with all this good looking, I wouldn't consider him to be good looking. He kind of looks like
    Gary-Busey14180.jpg
    but at least I like Gary.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't know with all this good looking, I wouldn't consider him to be good looking. He kind of looks like
    Gary-Busey14180.jpg
    but at least I like Gary.

Gary looks better.
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    omfg who cares? It's their business decision who they want to sell to. No one is entitled to their clothes and all of this is only helping their business (which has poorly made, overpriced clothes anyway). Now people will feel even better wearing Abercrombie because they know they're skinny enough for it. If you want to shop there so bad, lose some damn weight. I don't see why anyone would though, I can fit their clothes (I actually used to have a shirt from there...*cringe*) and they are sh*tty, overpriced, and smell like that signature Abercrombie stank. I didn't think people over the age of 18 shopped there.

This reminds me of that VS post a few months back...all stores do not have to cater to overweight customers if they don't want to.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options

Agree with kohls sizing, have to go into the juniors section to find something that fits. And their pants run large too.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Who cares? They are clothes, the CEO is a douche...we all go on living life. I have a zip up hoodie and a few dresses from Abercrombie & Fitch (size Large) that I will be wearing this summer. *Kanye shrug*
  • LovelyLaura2321
    LovelyLaura2321 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I find it even more disgusting that they burn their clothes they can't sell anymore so the poor and homeless people will never have the opportunity to wear them because they don't "fit" the brand....
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I find it even more disgusting that they burn their clothes they can't sell anymore so the poor and homeless people will never have the opportunity to wear them because they don't "fit" the brand....

ALL brands do this. ALL. OF. THEM. I think it started to either prevent stealing or flooding the market, I don't remember which. Abercrombie's not the only brand that does this.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else seen this article?? Good lord how shallow can a person be! I will never give them my business even when I can fit into their "exclusive" clothing!

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/abercrombie-fitch-ceo-explains-why-he-hates-fat-chicks/

Private enterprise. While I don't agree with it, your recourse is not to patronize him.

Lane Bryant doesn't cater to "thinner" women. Isn't that the same thing in reverse?
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Meh, their clothes are poorly made and overpriced.

Fun fact: The only time I wore Abercrombie and Fitch was when I was an overweight middle schooler.

I go there because they objectify their male employees. Mama likes.

LOL!! :drinker:
  • eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else seen this article?? Good lord how shallow can a person be! I will never give them my business even when I can fit into their "exclusive" clothing!

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/abercrombie-fitch-ceo-explains-why-he-hates-fat-chicks/

Private enterprise. While I don't agree with it, your recourse is not to patronize him.

Lane Bryant doesn't cater to "thinner" women. Isn't that the same thing in reverse?

Lane Bryant is a clothing store catering to larger women but they also sell jewelry, shoes, bra's (some thin women have bigger boobs) ect.. They don't make public statements saying "Thin women are not allowed"
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options

Lane Bryant is a clothing store catering to larger women but they also sell jewelry, shoes, bra's (some thin women have bigger boobs) ect.. They don't make public statements saying "Thin women are not allowed"

Oh please tell us of the scores of thin women who shop in Lane Bryant for their wonderful costume jewelry..... GIVE ME A BREAK!!

A & F didnt say "Fat chicks not allowed" either....
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options

I understand, and I realize this guy is a total jerk, but I still think a person with his own business should be able to run it any way he wants as long as he is not breaking any laws. If I disagree with the philosophy put forward by a business, I don't patronize that business.

Sometimes people just need to find a cause to be fashionably up in arms about and this guy just happened to put a target on his own back.

I'm a big guy. Not every company carries my size either. I go elsewhere. I make good money and I like spending money, so those companies that don't cater to me, don't get my money.
  • spirytwynd
    spirytwynd Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    <<I'm a big guy. Not every company carries my size either. I go elsewhere. I make good money and I like spending money, so those companies that don't cater to me, don't get my money. >>

Well put.