what size did you wear at 125 lb 5'4"

Replies

• pokeelyy
    pokeelyy Posts: 34 Member
    I wore a size 7 when I weighed 125 pounds. I have really wide hips.
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Sizes are so much different than they were when I was 125 lbs! I'm also 5'4", and the last time I was 125 was in 1991. At that time I was wearing size 10 pants, and medium tops. Currently at 175 I just bumped down to size 16 jeans that are tight at the waist, and L to XL tops, depending on the cut. I will add that I never wear anything skin tight. I suppose sizes also differ based on where you buy them. High end stores and boutiques seem to make their size numbers much smaller, while stores like Target & KMart are closer to the old sizing. The way I see it, clothing size is a non issue. What matters to me is getting back to a healthy weight, healthy measurements, and having clothes that fit right when I reach my goal. Those boxes of my old clothes in the attic may come in useful yet!
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    I'm 5'3" and was 125 a couple of months ago. I wore a 7 in juniors and a 6 in womens. However, I'm a pear shape and had to wear bigger sizes for my large hips. :blushing: My body fat was much higher then, at least 27%.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    bump to read later
  • CraftyWeeWifey
    CraftyWeeWifey Posts: 17 Member
    I'm just under 5'4 and the lowest I've been was 130lb and I was in small 8s and some 6s. That's NZ sizes so the equiv of small 4s and some 2s US sizes.

wow really? pre-kids I was 130 pounds and was always a NZ size 12. Only time I got to size 10 was when i was around 50kg (110 pounds) I didn't even know we had a size 6 here, the smallest I've ever seen is a size 8.
  • BootcampJunkie
    BootcampJunkie Posts: 69 Member
    this is why i think i need to lower my body fat a little bit... i think i should be able to wear mostly 4's and 2's at this weight.

It depends on where your body distributes your weight... are you apple shaped? If you carry weight around your middle section, the smaller sizes won't be able to button at your waist. Weight on the scale is just a number. What are your measurements? I would put someone at that height around a 4 or 6. I know someone who is that height/weight and she wears a larger pant size than me, and I have 10 lbs on her, easily.

exactly! my waist is 28-29 depending on the day. my hips are 35-36... you would think i could wear 2's and 4's but i do carry weight around the middle. i hate that! wish i could change up how things are distributed. i look like a boy with no waist
    OMG! You and I are practically identical. If i can find a medium rise pant usually Gap im a size 2 but everywhere else im either a 4-6 and if i wear a low rise i get major muffin top but it's more of a loose akin muffin top than a fat spilling over muffin top. My fiance says i have no curves :'( i look my best in yoga pants.
  • This has all been really fun to read... :)
  • j3an22
    j3an22 Posts: 77
    To be honest I wouldn't post this. not to be rude or anything but every body is different and things changes over the years.

for example: My sister finally got her prom and formal dresses back and she now can fit into her favorite dress that she said she was tight in a little over ten years ago. and this was after she have THREE kids.

SO... everyone is different. it up to your body how you will hold the weight and size.

I am sorry if this is me being rude to some people. I am just saying ^ ^ ^
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    I'm 5'4" and 126lbs and I wear a UK 10-12 (US 6-8). I'm not sure what's wrong with me. I'm sure I should be in smaller sizes than that, judging by all of your 2-4 comments =/
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    I'm 5'3" and 125 lbs I can wear some 2's and some 4's depends on how they are made and what brand
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Depends on the make. I was on average a 6, but could do a 2 in european clothing.
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    I am 5'6 now but back when i was around 125 i think i was just under 5'6 lol i was still growing. but i was in strictly a size 5. in like every brand. and a size small/medium in shirts.

Just depends on your body type.
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    i am 5'5" 114 lbs and wear size zero . when i was 125 lbs i wore size 3
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    oh and shirts is complicated .. i am a extra small with medium boobs ...
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Sizes aren't terribly meaningful. They vary from brand to brand and from line to line and people are differently shaped. A woman with a large bust is going to wear a bigger top size. A woman with a large butt and/or hips will wear a bigger bottom size, etc.
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Unless you are teenager or built like one I would stay away from junior sizes..they are for juniors.

I was a size 4 at 125, I am 5'2 but b/c I'm curvy the only time I was a size 2 was when I was 106 (right after basic). Not a good look. I am trying to get back to my size 4 days which I stayed at from 120-130. Currently a 6/8 at 140 ish.

But my measurements at a 4 were 36/26/38--- Again I've always had an *kitten*. Currently I am about 36/28.5/42
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    "I'm 5'4" and 126lbs and I wear a UK 10-12 (US 6-8). I'm not sure what's wrong with me. I'm sure I should be in smaller sizes than that, judging by all of your 2-4 comments =/ "

Check your measurements , if you are curvy then depending on where you wear your pants, waist or hips you might need to switch brands that allow for that.
  • algrant1
    algrant1 Posts: 17
    I'm 5'5" and have been 125 only once that I can remember - getting ready for a figure competition when I starved myself and lived in the gym! My normal weight is about 135 and in jeans US size 4-6 depending on the brand. 4 from American eagle and 6 at Armani. I really do think many clothing companies have made their sizes larger these days. Now up top the sizing gets weird - my shoulders are not a 4-6...
  • wendygjc
    wendygjc Posts: 45 Member
    size 4
  • grbhmb
    grbhmb Posts: 12
    At that weight, I was able to wear 5 and 7
    in juniors and 4 and 6 in women's sizes, but I
    am pear shaped, and at that time (college), fit and muscular,
    AND that was was before children.

If you have had pregnancies, I cannot tell
    you what I wear at that size bc I'm working my way
    back to that size!

I am eager to see if I can get into those sizes
    again at that weight since having babies seems
    to have changed my shape... I'm a lot more
    pear-y on the bottom half and though I've lost
    more than 20 pounds, I STILL wear a 14 in bottoms!
    Kinda frustratin'!

When I was 120, the dress shop owner where I purchased
    my wedding gown said I was a perfect, true size 4.
    My height is 5' 3.75". You were asking for 5' 4" posters
    but I figured that's pretty close!