Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    alice-in-wonderland-gif-talk-think-Favim.com-234389.gif

Sums up this whole thread, IMO.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread!
    But what's a gif? Well i think i know what it is but is it an acronym or what?
    Forgive my ignorance and please don't be rude to me! :D
    Gosh, why are people so stupid?! Just kidding. You're not stupid at all, just had to throw that in because of the thread. Don't hate me, please! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

A gif is the "moving picture" things that people post. It stands for Graphics Interchange Format.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    sarah%20palin%20gif.gif

The above image is a gif which is a file format that allows for animated pictures. For example, example.gif (compare to example.doc)

With limited use they can be funny.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I would just ignore them and keep yourself classy. Positive behavior tends to rub off on people :)

Very nicely said!
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I think its rude to post a topic about the master cleanse or whatever question you have without doing a simple search of the boards to find the last 100 topics that people have posted.

yeah the cleansers, the detoxers and the juicing people just kill me....
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Sigh. I agree, but you've just given the trolls of MFP the invite to attack you like a pack of angry wolves by posting this. They'll never go away, so you just have to skim through each reply to find the serious ones. I think that when people reach their goals they sometimes gain a sense of entitlement or something. They lose the ability to suggest healthier, realistic ways to lose weight and become healthy. Instead they end up saying things like, "you're stupid for wanting to eat like that," or, "you're stupid for wanting to exercise like that." Sure, there are right and wrong ways to go about losing weight, but there's no need to be a douche about it.

I would like to point out that those "people who have reached their goals" are constantly bettering themselves. While they may have reached their original goal, they have already created 20 new ones.
    They also have a more realistic view of what the noobs call "dieting". Instead of dieting, they call it "life".

PS - I'm disappointed with the lack of gifs. I thought there would be more by now! :grumble:
  • Bajiggity
    Bajiggity Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    When I don't know something I google it first so I do not appear stupid to the masses.:tongue: just sayin
  • amandabauer589
    Options
    Sorry guys. Prince has spoken
  • messpark36
    messpark36 Posts: 33
    Options
    Totally agree with you!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    mbi49.gif?w=830
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread!

Graphics Interchange Format. Late-80's format developed by compuserv, now mostly used to make animated kitten pictures.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Topic: Some of you are just plain RUDE
    mmpoint.jpg

That's rude calling us just plain anything. And inaccurate. Most of us are a little nutty too.
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    treadmill.gif
    73762555_be1b0320_funny-gifs-exercise.gif
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread!

Graphics Interchange Format. Late-80's format developed by compuserv, now mostly used to make animated kitten pictures.
    They've made a big comeback lately. Very popular on Google+ which handles 'em unlike Facebook.
    grilledcheesegif2.gif
  • karibrit
    karibrit Posts: 29
    Options
    I agree.

She isn't telling anyone how to behave, she's simply pointing out a well known fact that a minority of people here have no manners.

Simple.

No. Perhaps you should reread her missive. She's telling people how to behave. That's rude.

I tell my children how to behave all the time, does that make me rude?
    Oh wait, I don’t have any kids. Never mind then. Continue your exemplary work within the boards.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    eh people are jerks by nature best to ignore them and just be the nicest person you can
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Oh hell yeah! Popcorn, sammiches, and BACON!!!!!
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of the "rudeness" comes from people not wanting advice for real. Like many others have already said - they want people to congratulate them on doing what they already do and support their decisions to keep doing it wrong so they can continue to NOT have results and complain they can't lose weight. Don't post in the forums asking for advice or help if you don't want real answers. Not everyone is going to coddle you and make sure you love all the answers. Problem solved.

please-let-me-be-rail-thin.gif
This discussion has been closed.