• thesftenor
    thesftenor Posts: 2
    Options
    so is telling someone they are rude.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread!
    But what's a gif? Well i think i know what it is but is it an acronym or what?
    Forgive my ignorance and please don't be rude to me! :D
    Gosh, why are people so stupid?! Just kidding. You're not stupid at all, just had to throw that in because of the thread. Don't hate me, please! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

A gif is the "moving picture" things that people post. It stands for Graphics Interchange Format.

:flowerforyou: the only reason you would get mean replies is if now you argued with everyone that gif really means Giraffe In vitro Fertilization.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    What makes you think you can treat someone like they are stupid?

625174.jpg
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    What makes you think you can treat someone like they are stupid?

625174.jpg

^^^^^THIS!!! :happy:
  • thesftenor
    thesftenor Posts: 2
    Options
    How about reading the posts to this post. Incredible.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread!
    Gosh, why are people so stupid?! Just kidding. You're not stupid at all, just had to throw that in because of the thread. Don't hate me, please! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

A gif is the "moving picture" things that people post. It stands for Graphics Interchange Format.

OH MY GOD! SO RUDE! SO MEAN!
    *sobs and has tantrum*
    only kidding....
    Lol thanks for that, Im surprisingly not very stupid at all but I technologically utterly inept and I was clearly too lazy to Google it myself!
  • FitterStrongerHappier
    FitterStrongerHappier Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Oh hell yeah! Popcorn, sammiches, and BACON!!!!!

KILLING ME!!! I've been on the 'stomach flu' diet for the past 4 days, and all I want is real FOOD. NOW I WANT BACON! OMG A BACON SAMMICH!! This is just RUDE to post this and make me drool when I can't have solid food yet... :sick: :flowerforyou:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Big-Girl-Panties.png

I'm strangely attracted to this cartoon . . .

It's not that strange when you consider all the photoshop we are attracted to.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Well, several times I've tried to be helpful by posting what worked *for me* and been attacked.
    A lot of times people simply don't want to hear what worked, because they don't want to hear it. Get over it, I'm not going to say you're doing great for eating pizza and pop tarts.

A lot of people are doing great eating pizza and pop tarts. Demonizing certain foods is dumb.

evil-carb.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1331677840507

Or funny!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread!

:flowerforyou: the only reason you would get mean replies is if now you argued with everyone that gif really means Giraffe In vitro Fertilization.

tumblr_mbt7oerWxu1rxaypuo1_400.gif
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Well, several times I've tried to be helpful by posting what worked *for me* and been attacked.
    A lot of times people simply don't want to hear what worked, because they don't want to hear it. Get over it, I'm not going to say you're doing great for eating pizza and pop tarts.

A lot of people are doing great eating pizza and pop tarts. Demonizing certain foods is dumb.

evil-carb.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1331677840507

Or funny!
    :laugh:
    Thank you for this. It is now the image that will pop into my head anytime someone mentions demonizing foods.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread!

*sobs and has tantrum*
    only kidding....
    Lol thanks for that, Im surprisingly not very stupid at all but I technologically utterly inept and I was clearly too lazy to Google it myself!

This is useful and fun:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=GIF+wiki

Replace whatever's after the = sign with the terms they didn't google for themselves.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    You can be honest, and still be respectful of others' feelings.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options

PS - I'm disappointed with the lack of gifs. I thought there would be more by now! :grumble:

likewise! that's very rude of you all to not take into account my disappointment. :angry:
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    You can be honest, and still be respectful of others' feelings.
    There's a difference between being respectful and sugar-coating things that the whiners don't seem to grasp. When someone gives them some advice that might not be what they want to hear or may be kind of difficult to listen to without all the flowery "you're so perfect the way you are" language with it, they get offended. That doesn't mean the person who gave the advice was necessarily disrespectful.
  • freebirdjones
    freebirdjones Posts: 237
    Options

OMG ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF ME? UHH PPL ON THIS SITE ARE SO RUDE! lol :P just kidding :D

but really I think the only thing that may get on someone's nerves is when you ask a question and do not have an open mind to the answers you may get. This website has been amazing for me! these people take the time to give the same help often and its so someone can have the gift of results that can be maintained.

I think you should take wording with a grain of salt. got to get thicker skin :)
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this thread!

*sobs and has tantrum*
    only kidding....

This is useful and fun:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=GIF+wiki

Replace whatever's after the = sign with the terms they didn't google for themselves.

Haha I was thinking about posting that, but didn't want to come across as rude :drinker:
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm confused... we've got labels for the whiners & the sugar coaters... do we have a label for the people that post in the "Rate the person above you" threads. Would they be the needy & the liars? :laugh:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    When somebody explains that they are having difficulty eating 1200 calories, they get called stupid or are talked down to. I've found that providing a list of healthy, higher calorie food options is more effective. I have it saved so I can copy and paste it instead of typing it out thousands of times.

I rarely see anyone called stupid. I think people read too much into the comments....

[quote[
    I net zero calories pre day by eating 800 calories and working cardio 3 hours a day! Why am I so hungry and not losing safely?

You're doing it wrong. Eat more. Lose weight at a safe rate.

Why are you calling me stupid? You're so mean! [/quote]

In this example, nobody told the OP that they were stupid, they just told them they were doing it wrong. Yet the OP after being corrected felt stupid, and perceived that message as an attack. This happens waaaay too much.
This discussion has been closed.