Abercrombie and Fitch CEO "hates fat chicks"

Options

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Uncouth as they've handled it, they're a private company and have no obligation to make clothes for larger bodies.

Vote with your dollars, easy as that.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I don't care if he wants to make clothes exclusive to a certain size range. I'd fit within that range, but he's already excluded me by having clothes I find overpriced. I'm not spending $30 for a t-shirt. :laugh:

But honestly, there's nothing more uncool than saying, "We're only for cool people." If you're cool, you don't need to say you're cool.
  • Brianna72994
    Brianna72994 Posts: 887
    Options
    It's a shame because they actually have really cute clothes there! Even though I'm at a point where I can fit into their clothes, I still choose not to. It's way too overpriced anyway!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

This is even more offensive than the original idea that fat people aren't welcome.

If you are trying to upset him by putting A&F clothes on homeless people, aren't you really saying that it's offensive to stigmatize fat people, but it's totally okay to do it to homeless people? Because they're so gross and dirty that if they were to wear A&F THAT would REALLY prove your point, RIGHT!?

You all need to calm down. And the original writer of this homeless idea is the one who really ought to be ashamed of themselves.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I don't know with all this good looking, I wouldn't consider him to be good looking. He kind of looks like
    Gary-Busey14180.jpg
    but at least I like Gary.

That's what I said. Gary even looks ten times better than him.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    He is a complete *kitten* with his reasoning which he should have never been said publically. He only wants the cool beautiful people to wear his clothing. Obviously this guy is pretty ugly on the inside (outside too....damn, don't get any more plastic surgery dude!). I personally have never worn A&F even when I could have. I mean, other than teenagers, who wears that crap? It poorly made and overpriced junk IMO. So glad my kid was never into A&F!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    But honestly, there's nothing more uncool than saying, "We're only for cool people." If you're cool, you don't need to say you're cool.

I know!! :laugh:
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options

Uhm. So I guess I should change my friends' list criteria on my profile? How embarrassing.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

Uhm. So I guess I should change my friends' list criteria on my profile? How embarrassing.

:wink: :glasses:
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mmjr4viMIA1rsu9ouo1_500.png

HOLY EWW

Riiiightttt....
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    If Gary Busey and Joan Rivers had a child.
  • Quibbles
    Quibbles Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    As a fat chick, I don't give a rats *kitten*. He is entitled to his preferences. Why do people think that they are the only one who is allowed to have an opinion? Get over it.

THIS.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Website full of people working hard to get thin enraged that some stupid CEO likes thin people. Don't approve of his shallow judgments based on appearance; start criticizing his looks...

*head-desk*
  • chiawatha
    chiawatha Posts: 2
    Options
    Paying higher prices for a label is asinine... unless it is a Made in the USA label. Yep, I'll pay to keep American workers employed.

A&F has no American made merchandise and relies exclusively on factories in developing nations. Despite their declarations of being committed to human rights, they were highlighted by the International Labor Rights Forum’s Sweatshop Hall of Shame for 2010 for unfair labor practices including unattainable quotas and forced suspensions at a major factory located in the Philippines.

Most Common Countries: China, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Philippines

http://www.laborrights.org/sites/default/files/publications-and-resources/sweatshop_hall_shame_2010.pdf
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Abercrombie & Fitch who? I have never been in one of their stores and I have no wish to. I don't have tons of money to spend on tiny clothes. When I heard what the CEO said I was horrified and obviously he wasn't a cool kid when he was younger.
  • ReasonableAssumption
    Options
    Website full of people working hard to get thin enraged that some stupid CEO likes thin people. Don't approve of his shallow judgments based on appearance; start criticizing his looks...

*head-desk*

I don't understand what you just said but I agree that he has no business talkingabout other peoples looks. He's ugly.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options

*head-desk*

I don't understand what you just said but I agree that he has no business talkingabout other peoples looks. He's ugly.

The two sentences above were summarizing the asinine posts in this thread not expressing my own views. Let me expand.

This website is full of people working hard to get thin, making the widespread indignation toward a CEO who wants to market his products to thin people at least somewhat ironic. Then further people here profess indignation about his shallow judgement of people based on appearance, and in the same breath criticize his appearance. This is childish and hypocritical.

You're saying because he's ugly he can't be judgmental about appearance? That doesn't even make sense as an argument. Imagine the natural converse. Are you folks saying that if he were the most gorgeous person alive it would give him the right to be rude about how other people look? That's stupid.

Look, he may be a shallow idiot. But he can market his clothing to whoever he wants. What's it to you?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I missed seeing this thread at the top of the pile. :grumble:
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    "After seeing a picture of Mike Jeffries, it can only be concluded that he was never around good-looking people as a kid and is now making up for the glamorous youth he wishes he had." Hilarious, and true. That's fine, I've never really liked their clothes anyways, and never wanted to be one of the 'popular' people. They generally tend to be the shallow, vain, ignorant people that grow up into the generic mass.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I walk a wide circle around that store in the mall because the stench is enough to incapacitate an elephant. I don't know how the skinny kids who shop and work there can do so without gas masks.

and the music sucks too. Excuse me, I'm clothes shopping, not club hopping. The sound and smell overload gives me headache. Someone posted the following on Facebook. Made me laugh.

263240_483499075052251_581652072_n.jpg