'No, I don't date BIG girls'

Replies

• feral_teddybear
    feral_teddybear Posts: 39 Member

Princess Peach wasn't the brightest she kept getting caught on me too, I bet she does like them bad guys she needs to hang out with the girl from the "interpret this text" thread so they can bring da dramah!

princess-kidnap-mystery.jpg

Love that cartoon.

On topic, there is nothing wrong with dating big girls. But personal experience give me that opinion because all non "big girls" i knew saw me just as a friend, "brother", or someone to be their pseudo boyfriend when at bars to keep the creepers away.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    I dont get these things, I mean I am not attracted to super skinny guys. If he's not attracted to "big girls" then that's it. There's nothing wrong with being attracted to one type or the next. It's just who we are.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    agreed people have different attractions and tolerances

sounds like you are chasing the wrong man ;-)
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    I'll just go with everyone here and say it's about preferences and everyone's got that right, but that doesn't mean it has to be voiced in a way that insults or offends the other person. There's a very thin line between honesty and just being plain shallow and downright rude and nasty. Unfortunately some people, either intentionally or otherwise cross that line! Your're a beautiful girl and you shouldn't waste your time giving such people you time!
  • d9123
    d9123 Posts: 531 Member
    I'll just go with everyone here and say it's about preferences and everyone's got that right, but that doesn't mean it has to be voiced in a way that insults or offends the other person. There's a very thin line between honesty and just being plain shallow and downright rude and nasty. Unfortunately some people, either intentionally or otherwise cross that line! Your're a beautiful girl and you shouldn't waste your time giving such people you time!

strong bump
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    To each their own! Do you date "Geeks" and "Nerds"? What about a guy 8 inches shorter than you? I could go on and on...but suffice it to say, EVERYONE has a PREFERENCE and TYPE!!! EVERYONE!
  • Everyone does have preferences but I personally never say I wouldn't date a type of person. You never know who you will be attracted to and if you are around someone long enough that has a great personality then you may not be bothered by their looks, race, body type etc. Sometimes if you are around people long enough you may even be attracted to them even though their personality sucks and their ugly (by your standards) so I say, never say never.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    To each their own! Do you date "Geeks" and "Nerds"? What about a guy 8 inches shorter than you? I could go on and on...but suffice it to say, EVERYONE has a PREFERENCE and TYPE!!! EVERYONE!

Yep, pretty much. I fully understand and accept that some/most women won't like me because I am overweight, or because I am bald, or because they don't like my personality. And that is fine, because there are others that will like me BECAUSE of that stuff.
  • To each their own! Do you date "Geeks" and "Nerds"? What about a guy 8 inches shorter than you? I could go on and on...but suffice it to say, EVERYONE has a PREFERENCE and TYPE!!! EVERYONE!

I love nerds and geeks but I also love athletic jocky guys too. A guy shorter than me or even my height hardly has any chance but you never know. The shortest person I dated before my husband was 5'11" and I thought I couldn't go below that height because I love tall guys but my husband is 5'8" and I got used to it.
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 271 Member
    I think everyone has their types for example I can't get mad at a girl if she's not attracted to black guys lol just saying

That's crazy talk! Like there's a woman out there who isn't ;)

I know a woman who isn't. She has nothing against them, she's just not attracted to them. She, by no means, is racist but just isn't going to hop into bed with or be physically attracted to black guys. Everyone is entitled to their preferences but we all should at least make the attempt to be nice about it.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    *like*
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member

Yep, pretty much. I fully understand and accept that some/most women won't like me because I am overweight, or because I am bald, or because they don't like my personality. And that is fine, because there are others that will like me BECAUSE of that stuff.

One of my best male friends is very heavy. I'd like for him to lose weight, because he also has high blood pressure. I am trying to encourage him to exercise and eat right, but there is only so much I can do. The rest is up to him. HOWEVER, I don't see his weight as a hindrance to our friendship. We were friends many years ago, lost touch for 17 years, and resumed our friendship a few years back. Now, we're actually closer because we've had the time to learn more about each other's lives.

When I connect with someone on an intellectual or mental level, I pay no attention to the physical features. I think it's shallow and superficial for ANYONE to say "I won't date anyone shorter than I am, heavier than I am, etc". Even when I was single, I made my decision based on personality, not looks. Not to sound conceited, but there was a time when I looked exactly like Princess Diana, and had numerous men coming up to me wanting to "get to know me". The attention was overwhelming and, honestly, annoying, because it was all about how I looked, not about who I was/am. They didn't see the funny, sweet, and smart gal. They saw the outside, and the outside is only superficial. I didn't really care to date them and preferred to be very selective based on their personalities.

I think you're kinda cool, based on what I've read in your posts. :flowerforyou:
  • WhyFlowersExist
    WhyFlowersExist Posts: 78 Member
    Personally I cant stand dating bigger girls, because of their unjustified insecurity. If im out and about with her, you know taking HER on a date, ALL I seemed to hear everytime i looked around was "are you looking at that girl?" "No i was looking at the movie times." "Well do you think shes prettier then me because shes skinny?" On and on and ON! Its exhausting! I dont think its really a matter of weight but in all honesty finding a secure big girl is SO HARD!
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Personally I cant stand dating bigger girls, because of their unjustified insecurity. If im out and about with her, you know taking HER on a date, ALL I seemed to hear everytime i looked around was "are you looking at that girl?" "No i was looking at the movie times." "Well do you think shes prettier then me because shes skinny?" On and on and ON! Its exhausting! I dont think its really a matter of weight but in all honesty finding a secure big girl is SO HARD!

I don't date "girls" because I'm a straight married female, but I have to add that I find the super skinny women just as, if not more, insecure about themselves than "big girls". Some of them are SO obsessed with being super skinny they go to drastic extremes to keep themselves that way -- VLCs included. And they are constantly comparing themselves to OTHER skinny girls, which usually ends up in some sort of cat fight and attention who*ing behavior.

It does go both ways.
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    I really can't say anything that hasn't been said here already. For me it's is not so much size as it is confidence, sexuality, how they project themselves and carry themselves.

I have dated girls of all sizes. Tall, short, big, tiny.... There are many small girls that I don't find attractive for one reason or another and the same is said for big girls.

It's hard to explain really, but I look at just as many big girls and think "damn she looks good" as I do smaller girls.

Each person has certain things they find attractive.

As it was posted before, if someone makes a blanket statement they aren't interested in finding out who you really are......
    Er go they themselves aren't worthy of your attention. You deserve someone who will take the time to figure out who you are.
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    response: That's good (whew!) I don't date short sighted prejudical idiots! SO i guess we are good.
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    im willing to bang big girls when im drunk if that means anything.
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    im willing to bang big girls when im drunk if that means anything.

you siko !!!!!

get some respect !!!
  • hharvey9
    hharvey9 Posts: 36 Member
    I have a thing for tall guys because I'm 5'9. I did date a guy that was a bit shorter than me and it just didn't feel right. He was very smart and good looking, but I couldn't ignore the height thing. We didn't break up because of that, but it did matter because I was a bit unconfortable walking with him on the street.
    I gave the 'not really my type' relationship a chance and it wasn't ok.

YES! I'm 5'9" (according to one doc and 5'10 according to another) - either way, I'm tall. I've dated shorter guys mostly since high school and I always feel wierd and uncomfortable standing or walking by them. Current BF is two inches taller and its heaven!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member

One of my best male friends is very heavy. I'd like for him to lose weight, because he also has high blood pressure. I am trying to encourage him to exercise and eat right, but there is only so much I can do. The rest is up to him. HOWEVER, I don't see his weight as a hindrance to our friendship. We were friends many years ago, lost touch for 17 years, and resumed our friendship a few years back. Now, we're actually closer because we've had the time to learn more about each other's lives.

When I connect with someone on an intellectual or mental level, I pay no attention to the physical features. I think it's shallow and superficial for ANYONE to say "I won't date anyone shorter than I am, heavier than I am, etc". Even when I was single, I made my decision based on personality, not looks. Not to sound conceited, but there was a time when I looked exactly like Princess Diana, and had numerous men coming up to me wanting to "get to know me". The attention was overwhelming and, honestly, annoying, because it was all about how I looked, not about who I was/am. They didn't see the funny, sweet, and smart gal. They saw the outside, and the outside is only superficial. I didn't really care to date them and preferred to be very selective based on their personalities.

I think you're kinda cool, based on what I've read in your posts. :flowerforyou:

Everyone is shallow to some degree and it is important to remember that everyone is attracted to different things. You may be mentally attracted to intelligence and humor, while another girl might be attracted to rippling abs and big biceps. The probably usually lies in being attracted to someone who doesn't find you attractive back. That is when people's feelings get hurt because they want that person so badly but feel rejected by them.

And thank you! I really appreciate that! :flowerforyou: