Girls - your first thought when..

Options

Replies

• CantStopWontStop92
    CantStopWontStop92 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm down for it! I'd like to think I'm not shallow or narcisstic but I like to take care of my body, so I wouldn't judge a guy off the bat like that:) It's really about the approach. For instance, I had a guy approach me in the gym a few weeks back but immediately started critiquing minute things about my form and figure. "Hey you might want to work on your shoulders, your posture isn't doing it for me. Wanna go out with me?" Aw hell no.
  • WeightHacker
    WeightHacker Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    completely depends on his body language and what he is saying.

^^yep

Confidence > arrogance

agrees
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    DDDDAAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNN!!!!!!!!!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't assume he's shallow, especially not now.

But yes, when I was younger I would have been intimidated by a man with your physique. Honestly it'd make me feel fat. I'd feel bad about myself so I'd try to pretend I wasn't interested anyway by labeling him as shallow.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Can't really share the thoughts that go through my head when I see something like that. Let's just say I'm focused on the visual until he opens his mouth--then the thinking kicks back in.

interesting. this is kind of what i was wondering.

Spill it..You hit on someone and didn't get the reaction you were hoping for?
    [/quote]

no i never hit on girls, im pretty shy. but i was told by a girl that i know that they can be intimidated by a guy with a really nice body or something like that? like im only concerned with looks or something, or their body has to be crazy good too,
    [/quote]

So you never hit on woman?
    You'd date someone that wasn't as fit as yourself?
    Since your shy..I am too..how do you go about dating?
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options
    I don't really have experience with that.

Depends on the situation

Would you be walking up to me with your shirt off?

would i have better success shirtless? id be afraid that might come off a bit "douchey" if i undress before approaching.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    is he smiling? 6 pack or not, if a guy isn't smiling, he's not HOT, in my opinion.

i'm somewhat intimidated by good looking men. not sure why. if i get hit on by any man, muscular or not, i think i'm very oblivious. because i have zero game ;) hahahah.

i agree with the body language comment. 100%.
  • lkplibra
    lkplibra Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    For me it's like observing a piece of art work. A "that's nice" sort of thought and then there is also the fact that I am kind of oblivious. I most likely would not be aware that I was being hit on as it is so outside of my expectation I would not recognize it if it were to happen.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    you see a fit/muscular guy, or get hit on by a guy like that do you instantly think he is narcissistic or shallow cuz he's buff? or do you just think, cool that guy has a nice body?

Out of curiosity what practical difference does it make?

Obviously there won't be a general consensus really. Women are different with different views. You never can tell. All you can do is smile sweetly and make your play...
  • Ivian_
    Ivian_ Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I don't get hit on by hot/buff guys.

And if I did, I'd probably look around aimlessly looking for the person they WERE trying to hit on :laugh: Sorry bud!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I'd be flattered and my first thought would be "hmmm...I wonder if I could get away with this without my husband finding out" :laugh:

Seriously though...I don't automatically think he's a narcissist.....I'm generally impressed with guys who take good care of themselves, as long as they aren't gazing lovingly at themselves in the mirror while they're lifting :flowerforyou:
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My b/f is 70, has a very fit body and he hit on me. I thought...."Hmmmmm.....nice....."
  • fishnbrah
    Options
    Can't really share the thoughts that go through my head when I see something like that. Let's just say I'm focused on the visual until he opens his mouth--then the thinking kicks back in.

no i never hit on girls, im pretty shy. but i was told by a girl that i know that they can be intimidated by a guy with a really nice body or something like that? like im only concerned with looks or something, or their body has to be crazy good too,
    [/quote]

[/quote]

pretty simple, i dont.
  • maiaroman18
    maiaroman18 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    That's why I carry a roll of duct tape in my bag... no need to ruin anything with thinking.
  • fishnbrah
    Options
    this is interesting, getting several different opinions.
  • sleepingtodream
    sleepingtodream Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    For me it's like observing a piece of art work. A "that's nice" sort of thought and then there is also the fact that I am kind of oblivious. I most likely would not be aware that I was being hit on as it is so outside of my expectation I would not recognize it if it were to happen.

This is me too!! But my mind doesn't immediately go to shallow;) I'd feel inferior before I'd peg him as shallow...
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options

[/quote]

pretty simple, i dont.
    [/quote]

that's a shame
  • LoggingForLife
    LoggingForLife Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Woman...any female over the age of 18-20 is a woman. Personally, I prefer muscle that is built by playing a sport or doing manual work over the gym type of muscles.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Well, my first thought would be that it's some kind of set-up.

My next thought would be, "Wow, this guy really works hard at the gym and lives a disciplined lifestyle."
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I want him to remove his shirt and bust out a can of Redi Whip.