Girls - your first thought when..

Options

Replies

• fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options
    Can't really share the thoughts that go through my head when I see something like that. Let's just say I'm focused on the visual until he opens his mouth--then the thinking kicks back in.

interesting. this is kind of what i was wondering.

Spill it..You hit on someone and didn't get the reaction you were hoping for?

no i never hit on girls, im pretty shy. but i was told by a girl that i know that they can be intimidated by a guy with a really nice body or something like that? like im only concerned with looks or something, or their body has to be crazy good too,

So you never hit on woman?
    You'd date someone that wasn't as fit as yourself?
    Since your shy..I am too..how do you go about dating?

pretty simple, i dont.
    [/quote]

that's a shame
    [/quote]

i have no clue how to pick up girls, and im 28 lol.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Well it has never happened to me, but I would honestly be super shy and embarrassed, thinking more about what he's doing talking to me instead of a woman more suited for him.

It would be once in a blue moon that that would happen to me...

This^
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    you see a fit/muscular guy, or get hit on by a guy like that do you instantly think he is narcissistic or shallow cuz he's buff? or do you just think, cool that guy has a nice body?

first thought: What the hell does this guy see in some 48 year old broad? Second thought: DAMN, I still "got it", YES!

When they open their mouths and start talking, that's when I start to judge. A great body is one thing, a great mind completes the package.
  • Tbias78
    Tbias78 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    "no i never hit on girls, im pretty shy. but i was told by a girl that i know that they can be intimidated by a guy with a really nice body or something like that? like im only concerned with looks or something, or their body has to be crazy good too,"
    [/quote]

So, let me get this straight... The girl needs to hit on you & looks aren't everything to you? How YOU doin? :P

Haha, jk... but definitely depends on the approach not just the appearance...
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Let's flip the situation- if an attractive woman speaks to/ smiles at/ or comes up to you- do you automatically think she is flirting? Do you think she is shallow for choosing you, if she is flirting?

I would immediately think she was put up to it by a friend and was trying to mock me.

hah- I smile/talk to justtt about anyone. I learned it as a solo barfly when bored and couldn't find someone to hang out with.

If I'm interested, I attempt to make it known, but I don't think I'm great at that part.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Well, if he's hitting on me... I think, "cool, he has excellent taste in women."
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

Put up shirtless pic on site with a lot of women.

Ask innocent question.

Be polite and a little coy.

Profit.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    a few things run through my mind like, um will this be where he spends all his time, will he be more into the mirror than me, will i have to sneak chocolate and eat salads all the time... Then I wake up cause no guy like that hits on me. thats okay, my husband wouldn't like that too much anyways. ;)

this minus the husband part lol. I would be thinking if he's judging my body to the same standards as his and will I feel pressured or self conscious about my body. sad but true.
  • joyincincy
    joyincincy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I think "SHWINNNNNNG!" But no really, I just hold my purse because you can never be too trusting and he maybe trying to rob me.

You got that right! :laugh: He could be CRAZY!

Seriously, though - how rude of that girl to tell him that, just because he is good looking. After a few months on this site, I hope I am so good looking that someone is rude to me, too! :wink:
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I haven't actually ran across any jerks in my gym....Usually first thought is "Dude is hard core!" Now I did see a guy in a high altitude mask and thought that was kind of ridiculous.
  • FitandFab33
    Options

Put up shirtless pic on site with a lot of women.

Ask innocent question.

Be polite and a little coy.

Profit.

You obvs have the smarts. Kudos.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    When I see a guy like that I don't think they're narcissistic or shallow but if they act that way, then yes. I'm not able to tell ya about getting hit on by guys like that though. It just hasn't happened.

I think I very clearly hit on you earlier today. :grumble:

:wink:
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I was eating in Chili's with a friend and our waiter was amazingly gorgeous with the sexiest body. No lie. When he asked for my order I couldn't even get the words out.

I don't judge. I just look. lol

About men hitting on women? Errr I get hit on at the gym, I feel very uncomfortable!!! Some men are just so RUDE, it makes me so mad! Last week I was walking to the machines and these guys said "Shake it, shake it". So annoying. And they stay in groups like hunting packs, seriously GUYS! Why is there FIVE guys per ONE machine!?!???? I don't get it. Must be a man thing.
  • FitandFab33
    Options
    :laugh: Love this!
    Well, if he's hitting on me... I think, "cool, he has excellent taste in women."
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Let's flip the situation- if an attractive woman speaks to/ smiles at/ or comes up to you- do you automatically think she is flirting? Do you think she is shallow for choosing you, if she is flirting?

I would immediately think she was put up to it by a friend and was trying to mock me.

hah- I smile/talk to justtt about anyone. I learned it as a solo barfly when bored and couldn't find someone to hang out with.

If I'm interested, I attempt to make it known, but I don't think I'm great at that part.

Teenage girls weren't kind, so I am a little distrustful of strange women now. If it is initially friendly, then I am find, but immediately coming on strong sets off alarms.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Own experience: the majority of women I come across get the perception of : he must be at the gym 24/7, he's narcissistic, he's probably on drugs, but the ones into fitness are more likely to see it positively as dedication and hardwork.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I don't really have experience with that.

Depends on the situation

Would you be walking up to me with your shirt off?

would i have better success shirtless? id be afraid that might come off a bit "douchey" if i undress before approaching.

Honestly either way I would probably turn red and not be able to talk

i am a dork

Also i would have no judgments about you based on your appearance...people are so strange when they say that they worry men in good shape spend too much time in the mirror or are in love with themselves,etc

really?

caring about yourself is a bad thing? plus it doesnt take hours upon hours to have effective gym workouts and eat to accomplish whatever your goals are.

anyway, i like to have an open mind.

If I went up to a girl to flirt and she turned red and got shy, I would find that so endearing that I would keep trying to flirt with her.

lol:blushing:

see, my face really did turn red...well it felt like it did.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    you see a fit/muscular guy, or get hit on by a guy like that do you instantly think he is narcissistic or shallow cuz he's buff? or do you just think, cool that guy has a nice body?

I think "cool - he's got a nice body!" I just assume that he cares enough about his body to take care of it unless he does or says something to make me think otherwise.
  • teddabod
    teddabod Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't know about hitting on women, but I do know, when women hit on me, I start to stutter and then I weep openly and then run away. It's just better that way for both of us... :P
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

first thought: What the hell does this guy see in some 48 year old broad? Second thought: DAMN, I still "got it", YES!

When they open their mouths and start talking, that's when I start to judge. A great body is one thing, a great mind completes the package.

See, the man's perspective on this is similar, but still very different. If the super hot chick were to prove to be an idiot or a b!tch, the man would just be wondering how fast he could get away from her AFTER having sex.