is getting implants worth it?

Options

Replies

• monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    you are asking opinions of people if they think implants are worth it- of course most people will say no. it is a personal choice and it is only "worth it" to you. it won't be to anyone else. for me, they were worth it. i love the way i look with them and my husband does too. i could give a *kitten* what anyone else thinks. some people will love them and some will not. do what you really want or don't want and do research if you do decide to get them. a good doctor will make all the difference.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    OP, I recommend visiting JBI (justbreastimplants.com). There you will find support from women with like minds. There are far too many unhappy haters on this site who struggle with hating their own bodies and lash out on others because of it. Best of luck to you.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I have implants, but I did it for me and no one else.
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    OP, I recommend visiting JBI (justbreastimplants.com). There you will find support from women with like minds. There are far too many unhappy haters on this site who struggle with hating their own bodies and lash out on others because of it. Best of luck to you.

:laugh:
  • sizzle74
    Options

You are easily amused. A simple mind. I like that.
  • JLPaige
    JLPaige Posts: 194
    Options
    You should do what makes you happy, but I think you look gorgeous the way you are.
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    There is no way I would put myself under anesthesia for the sake of bigger boobs. Also, I don't want something "foreign" in my body.

My mother had implants about 30 years ago. She had to have them replaced this year - and at 70 years old - it was just a ridiculous thing to have to go through. It took her 3 months to recover.
  • VeganCoco
    VeganCoco Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I have implants and it's the best thing I ever did, but I've wanted them since I was about 13 (got them at 20).
    Not to mention I'm a size 14 and always have been so I always felt I was missing balance in the chest area.

I got them for myself not to 'feel more attractive to males' so the fact that you're even saying that makes me say not to get them.

Also I think that since you've only desired them as a side effect to weight loss you should wait at least a year or two at your new size to adjust to it as your mind set might change.

A boob job is for life (or at least it is without 4 grand to reverse it!)

(Oh and PS you DON'T have to get them re-done EVER with modern implants, that no longer applies to the decision)
  • Kmanouchehri90
    Kmanouchehri90 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Do you want kids?
    If you do, make sure you tell the doctor that, because they will make sure to be more careful not to severe any milk ducts while performing the surgery (it is very possible to breast feed with implants in most cases if you didn't know already).

My mom was considering implants before kids but when she became pregnant her breast size grew and never became smaller again, even when she returned to her pre-pregnancy weight. She was an A and ended up at a C, So that is some food for thought.

If makes you happy, do it! Just make sure you really are doing it because you think it will make you happier and more confident. I agree with many of the other posters suggestions of hitting your goal "body" and then deciding. As someone else mentioned, quality men wouldn't care about the size of your boobs. Definitely don't do it just because you want more attention. Do it for yourself only.
  • SeaStar
    SeaStar Posts: 113
    Options
    You shouldn't be worried about being less attractive to others, but how you feel personally. People are attracted to confidence. Personally, I love my small boobs, I never have to wear a bra and they're cute. Do what you feel is right for you.
  • VeganSurfer
    Options

Excuse me? I'm agreeing with you! I find it ridiculous when people hate on others for no reason! I have wanted a boob job for years but my ordeal last year put me off surgery for good. As I mentioned previously, each to their own...deary me.

ETA The laugh was aimed at the mention of the obvious haters...got to love the Internet eh...
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I would go for it girl. Getting pregnant and having a baby saved me. I was a 34 B and having my boy moved me to 34 C.......

This. I am planning on having another child in the next two years. I will reconsider after that.

I used to be a DD and have been blessed with them still being nicely shaped after 1 child. If I can get some back with baby #2, that would be awesome but so far, as I have lost weight, I have lost nearly 2 cups sizes and I hate it.
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Here I what I have to say.

If you are worried about breast size because of what a man says than you should clearly rethink the whole issue.

If you are like me and feel you need some breast just do it. However, I am fine the way I am. Someone out there will love me for who I am.

Do it only for your own benefit than anyone else's. Just like I had my two dental implants. Well worth the money but it's for no one else.
  • badmoose
    badmoose Posts: 25
    Options
    The sexiest part of any woman is that which lies between her ears. Breasts will get a guy to notice you, but will never sustain the interest of anyone who doesn't think like a 15 year old. So the question to ask yourself: how do you want to get noticed, and how do you want to be thought of? Do you want to just be a body? Sexy can be a look. Sexy can be attitude. Big women can be very sexy, and thin women can be very sexy. A confident woman is ALWAYS sexy! Be who you want to be, and own it. The rest will take care of itself.
  • VeganSurfer
    Options
    There is no way I would put myself under anesthesia for the sake of bigger boobs. Also, I don't want something "foreign" in my body.

My mother had implants about 30 years ago. She had to have them replaced this year - and at 70 years old - it was just a ridiculous thing to have to go through. It took her 3 months to recover.

What an awful experience to have to endure, I hope she's fully recovered and healthy now :flowerforyou:
  • mommyrocks5
    mommyrocks5 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I say that if having implants would make you feel more confident then HELL YES, they are worth the money! But I would also have to say that if it is to earn the attention of a man then you should probably dig a little deeper and decide if you want a man that was just attracted to what is on the outside. I went from a 38D to a 32A through the course of my weight loss....And I will have me some nice big bewbies in the near future, but I am doing it for ME! No one else...Because I want them...! If you don't want them for any other reason except to attract men then I say DON'T DO IT!
  • sizzle74
    Options

Excuse me? I'm agreeing with you! I find it ridiculous when people hate on others for no reason! I have wanted a boob job for years but my ordeal last year put me off surgery for good. As I mentioned previously, each to their own...deary me.

My bad. I didn't realize a laughy face was agreeing with me.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    If you were in a happy, stable relationship would you still want them? If not, don't get them. Getting them *might* help you get more men willing to sleep with you (if that is what you want, no judgement here, play on) -- but in terms of relationships, the ones that would date you only if you had bigger boobs probably aren't the best candidates for long term relationships anyway.

I personally like my uneven Cs, but it took me a while to embrace them. Maybe if I'd had the money in my early 20's it would have been a go. But it would have been for me and my self confidence -- no because some dude might not like them.

Whatever you decide, make sure you are going to the best doctor you can find.