Like Minded Lushes - August 2010

Options

Replies

• surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I think I have been avoiding my own message thread. Not good.

Ever wonder what happens when two Lushes combine forces? The world finds out tomorrow.

TALK ABOUT A CLIFFHANGER!!! DO TELL!

Alisonengland and her family are in the States, traveling through the Midwest, and for reasons I can't comprehend they are staying in Fort Wayne tomorrow night. Their hotel is literally a block away from my condo. It's my weekend with my kids, and we are all going to a local festival and then a minor league baseball game. All within a few blocks. Yeah, we will not be logging tomorrow's calories.
  • Anita1271
    Options
    I'm so happy I found this thread! I know sounds weird, but I am SO glad to hear I am not the only one struggling with the drinking during the weeks and weekends! My husband and I hang out with his family alot and go do alot of outdoor activites and there is ALWAYS drinking involved. I have been good with my calories intake and somewhat good with my exercising, but both have begun to go down hill since we have been out playing so much. But the drinking is my biggest stumbling block, I never want just 1 beer/ glass of wine. I just have to say I'm so happy I'm not the only one out there with this issue! Now I'm happy :tongue:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    the less you weigh, the fewer drinks you need to get a buzz!
  • YourCatalyst429
    YourCatalyst429 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    New here! Got sent over here by surlydave, after being ragged on by a couple people for wanting to drink when I'm 23....what a crazy idea! Anyway just wanted to say hello!:flowerforyou:
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    New here! Got sent over here by surlydave, after being ragged on by a couple people for wanting to drink when I'm 23....what a crazy idea! Anyway just wanted to say hello!:flowerforyou:

Like I said to her... she's lost over 100 pounds.... who the hell are they to tell her she can't drink?!!

Welcome to all the newbies. Have a great weekend everyone. Hopefully I'll have some pics to post from "Lushes Collide - 2010"!!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    welcome! I saw your other post and meant to invite you over, too! I notice you drink beer because you're frugal;) I do that a lot too. Still, the vodka is better for your diet. I think I can catch a buzz off 3 vodka drinks (with club soda, so no added calories) but I can drink light beer all night and never catch a buzz!
    Miller lite is the lowest-cal easy-to-find beer, some places have Michelob Ultra (DH calls it chikalobe), but sometimes it's just bud or coors!
    Congrats on your amazing weightloss!
  • casl00
    casl00 Posts: 19
    Options
    I checked the calorie count and a bottle of red wine is only 550 calories.... or that's what i told my wife it is..lol
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Ha! Don't forget the Sangria's to go!
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yeah drinkers! I like to think that being a drinker doesn't make me a bad person, a looser, or a fatty. So keep it going people!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    its FRIDAY!!!!!! I am doing the happy dance. I got a whole bottle of kendall Jackson chardonnay on ice with my name all over it. Wooo Hooo!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Happy Fri...er.. Saturday morning! Oh my I hope I don't have to work tomorrow morning... gotta wake up at 7 to find out.. grr..

3 crown and cokes after a long hard stressfull day... I think I'm finally goin to beddy bye..
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for this thread. I was always thin until I made the career change to being a personal chef... an occupational hazard has been a 40 pound weight gain over the course of a couple years. What can I say, I love good food, I love good wine, and with my schedule being rather inconsistent the gym was the first thing to go.

So here I am... dedicated to losing weight which can only come by exercising and reducing my alcohol intake and adding a more structured routine to my life. The food I prepare is very healthy I just need to cut out the late night eating. All simple in theory... lets see what reality brings.

Week 1 (8/8 - 8/14): No booze on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday. Work out daily.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    ALL RJADAMS fault....

hit a bottle of blended aussie. I showed restraint and didn't drink it all.
  • rjadams
    Options
    ALL RJADAMS fault....

hit a bottle of blended aussie. I showed restraint and didn't drink it all.

Way to go. but now you will probably have to finish it. It is actually kind of nice to have a bottle last longer than one sitting.:tongue:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for this thread. I was always thin until I made the career change to being a personal chef... an occupational hazard has been a 40 pound weight gain over the course of a couple years. What can I say, I love good food, I love good wine, and with my schedule being rather inconsistent the gym was the first thing to go.

So here I am... dedicated to losing weight which can only come by exercising and reducing my alcohol intake and adding a more structured routine to my life. The food I prepare is very healthy I just need to cut out the late night eating. All simple in theory... lets see what reality brings.

Week 1 (8/8 - 8/14): No booze on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday. Work out daily.

Welcome! Chef/fellow foodie here too. I gained 40 in the years of school.. no longer in the restaurant business due to hours (now have a toddler) and work 2-3 days a week as a cake decorator. I've found it quite fun and challenging trying to make the classics into healthier versions with just as much flavor!
  • rjadams
    Options

Great article. thanks.
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options

Welcome! Chef/fellow foodie here too. I gained 40 in the years of school.. no longer in the restaurant business due to hours (now have a toddler) and work 2-3 days a week as a cake decorator. I've found it quite fun and challenging trying to make the classics into healthier versions with just as much flavor!

Thanks! I actually work as a personal chef, the Herb-N Kitchen Fairy. I worked in the resaurant business while I was in grad school and then went off to "save the world" in DC -- after almost ten years of politics it dawned on me that the only thing I really loved about it was the food! I have always had a passion for food, wine, etc. So I quit it all ... and launched my concept -- but with the stress of starting a new business, testing, etc along with lack of routine those pounds just "magically" appeared. HA!
  • valeriebpdx
    valeriebpdx Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    How has it not been a week of August yet? I used up my six drinks on white wine by yesterday (2 glasses per night on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday) but will not be sober tonight. My father-in-law is in town and he likes to drink and he likes it when someone keeps him company. I try to be a good hostess. Same goal for next week, though--six drinks on 4 or fewer occasions. *kitten*, maybe I should join a thread trying to limit my chocolate oreo consumption instead, because I have been disinclined to say no to a cool beverage lately.