Serious Question for MILFS (pics)

Options
billsica
billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
I went to take my two sons on a walk. My older (almost 3 years old) wanted to walk. I was holding his hand when my wife stopped me and slapped one of these on them. I also had the other one in a double stroller.

3707677763_18c128421a_z.jpg

When is it appropriate to harness your child and at what age(s)?

Replies

• Cricket09
    Cricket09 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    That's a tough question. Do you live in a busy city, walking on a busy street? Is your toddler a "runner," always trying to chase after things she sees while walking with you? I live in the suburbs and my son is 17 and was never harnassed and I never had any issues. My Aunt harnassed her toddler while we were on a ferry crossing over to Holland and it saved her life when she almost fell down some steep stairs. Do what's best for your family... only you know what that is. Hope that helps!
  • Daisy_Cutter_
    Daisy_Cutter_ Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Never. But that's just my opinion.

Maybe in extreme circumstances ...Disneyland. But even then I never did
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I went to take my two sons on a walk. My older (almost 3 years old) wanted to walk. I was holding his hand when my wife stopped me and slapped one of these on them. I also had the other one in a double stroller.

3707677763_18c128421a_z.jpg

When is it appropriate to harness your child and at what age(s)?

As soon as mine were walking with me when we went out (12 months), I had them on reins/harness. Their safety was paramount and it meant they couldn't suddenly run into the road etc.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    my son is a runner and really fast. I don't live in a busy city. Its about as small as a city as you can get.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I have 6 kids and have never nor will ever use one of these.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    My son was a 'bolter' - I would be holding his hand, and he would suddenly jerk away so hard, I would lose my grip on him and he'd bolt. I used one to keep him safe. My daughter didn't need one.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    two kids, never used one. i somehow managed to make it thru childhood without one, so i'm going to assume my kids don't have any more suicidal tendencies than i did
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    2msrfF6.jpg

or leashes
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Never. They're kids, not dogs.

That is uncalled for. I used reins and it kept them safe.

I was walking along the road the other day and to my utter horror a woman coming towards me suddenly shot towards the busy main road, it was then I realized that her little boy had darted away from her. When she grabbed hold of him, he was on the give-way lines and just about to cross into the traffic.

This is exactly the point, they are kids and kids can run about and they may not be road traffic-wise.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Never. They're kids, not dogs.

Why do you put them on your dogs? Because you love them? Do you love your kids less?

I was against them until my son bolted from me and was 2 inches from getting killed by a car. The driver never even knew it happened. Kids that young aren't really visible to drivers when they bolt in front their cars, the babies are just too short. I used it from when he was 2 until he was about 3 or so, through his bolting stage. My younger son didn't really need one. You know your child.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I've never used them on my own kids or any of the ones I look after, I think they are awful and usually unnecessary.

However, If I had a runner I would use them in this case but only if there was a reason I couldn't hold the childs hand, for example if I was pushing a buggy I would use one to ensure the childs safety.

I do not understand people that use them on kids that don't run away or only have 1 or 2 children.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Thread title disappoints.
    Leashes and MILFS should be about something else.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    When I went to take my oldest daughter who turn 3 in august to the zoo we used one since a stroller can be cumbersome at times, my youngest almost 15 months haven't had to yet,my oldest always wanders away and it makes is easier when I really need her to stay close but she is getting better, and with her being so petite I swear people don't always see her. I think they are okay its isn't hurting them and I m not going to yank them with it ,its just a way so they don't go as far away If need be I will use one for my youngest she started walking at 11 months so she is quite mobile these days .Its up to you as a parent do what you feel right .
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's anyone's business really. I never used one for my son, but he was not one to run off from me. People use them to keep their children safe, they're not doing it to be mean or demeaning.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Time and a place for everything. In the 50s and 60s when I grew up we did not have them, and I am sure we felt we did not need them. But then we did not have or need cell phones either. I wonder if the woman whose child fell in the dog cage at the zoo wished her child was leashed. If I was going go to a dangerous area then yes I would consider it. Just as I would consider taking my cell phone.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I've never used them on my own kids or any of the ones I look after, I think they are awful and usually unnecessary.

However, If I had a runner I would use them in this case but only if there was a reason I couldn't hold the childs hand, for example if I was pushing a buggy I would use one to ensure the childs safety.

I do not understand people that use them on kids that don't run away or only have 1 or 2 children.

Sorry but I have to say something my daughters are almost 15 months and turning 3 in aug ,believe me they move I only have two, perhaps the children you have seen don't wander away all the time, lucky you, two is enough ...take my word for it .

yep one runner and one trying to :)lol
  • chineyLuv
    chineyLuv Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm SO NOT a fan of these, and I really dislike them!

Well, the way I look at it, trying to lose weight and your child being a 'runner' goes hand in hand. RUN after them, avoid the harness....you might thank them later lol.

Edit - And yes, I'm a mother of 2 boys

Cheers! :drinker:
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    No to leashes on humans....unless it's some type of bondage.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I prefer holding hands. My parents wanted me to get one (for them to use. They're considerably taller than dh and i and found it hard to hold hands) but I managed to delay buying one until it was no longer necessary.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    Never needed them for my boys, when they were small we used strollers for outings. Yesterday we went to a local festival and I actually missed our stroller days, not for the kids, but for all the goodies we bought and had to carry! ;)