lets debate MFP's so called heavy lifting trend

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    That's a power lifters joke.. sorry

Your bar bends in your pic..are you using a pansy arsed 24 hour fitness bar :wink:
    no the power lifter joke is anything more than three is cardio.. the picture of me deadliftjng is with a Texas power bar.. I'm just lifting more hahaha

Do you even lift, bro?
    nope. Got stung by bees.sailed right up

Where did you sailed to after getting stung to get so heavy and ... for lack of a better term... fat?

Yup taunto is at a nice and healthy weight...

Still trying too hard PU. Go back to drinking tequilla and claiming you're a super hacker with your awesome HTML skills

Oh you mean like making up stories about fantasy women... and talking about it all the time.. and just saying the most idiotic things to get the attention of women"hi" like that?

Well, I personally have always believed that stories about women have always been more fascinating than being a hacker, and then claiming to be a biochemist and ... are you a researcher and a trainer nowadays?

also, hi Pu_239

I just remember playing the nipple song. lets watch it together.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLpROhIg9eA

Sushmita Sen. mmmmmmmm
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    My buddy's parents have a lilac bush in their yard and I used to love it when it was in bloom.
  • brandon0523
    brandon0523 Posts: 516
    We are getting off track. Back to the powerlifter telling people to not lift heavy. :flowerforyou:
    not to tell new people to lift heavy.. its OK I like flowers

I think, and correct me if I am wrong, that you are ok with something like SL as there is progression built in, and it starts light. However, you are not ok with the pressure to do SL (or the like) if someone does not have the inclination or the resources to do so. You believe (as do I) that you can get results in other ways if something like SL (whether you call it heavy or not) is not something that the person wants or maybe is able to do? Also, you are not ok with the pressure to push too hard too soon and to 'run before you can walk' (or lift too heavy for your ligaments, adaptations etc etc).

Is this correct? Just trying to clarify your position.

Oh, and :flowerforyou:
    I'm glad we are finally seeing eye to eye.. well actually all I see is bewbs and thats ok. And you gave flowers
  • taunto
    We are getting off track. Back to the powerlifter telling people to not lift heavy. :flowerforyou:

I think, and correct me if I am wrong, that you are ok with something like SL as there is progression built in, and it starts light. However, you are not ok with the pressure to do SL (or the like) if someone does not have the inclination or the resources to do so. You believe (as do I) that you can get results in other ways if something like SL (whether you call it heavy or not) is not something that the person wants or maybe is able to do? Also, you are not ok with the pressure to push too hard too soon and to 'run before you can walk' (or lift too heavy for your ligaments, adaptations etc etc).

Thats what I got from OP. I just don't really understand why we have people calling each other fat, *kitten* and... have PU in here...
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member

If this is your position, OP, it would have been nice to have started out the discussion with a clearer idea of your thoughts on it. Because, honestly, most of us agree with what Sara just said.

Oh, and :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • brandon0523
    And OK so my posts where the best placed in the quotes and gram met and spelling. Its frakin hard to do that on a phone with fat fimgers
  • taunto
    My buddy's parents have a lilac bush in their yard and I used to love it when it was in bloom.

Your buddys parents bush?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Man I haven't been in states since october but BK made burgers that get your penis sore? I'm not sure how I feel about that. At one hand... sore penis.

On the other hand... SORE PENIS!
    You have a sore penis in each hand? Which species of reptile are you?:laugh:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    gymnastics is better than powerlifting. Everyone should just do backflips and *kitten*.
  • taunto
    Man I haven't been in states since october but BK made burgers that get your penis sore? I'm not sure how I feel about that. At one hand... sore penis.

On the other hand... SORE PENIS!
    You have a sore penis in each hand? Which species of reptile are you?:laugh:

How else am I suppose to do a threesome with myself?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Well yeah.. the whole strong lift reference was just saying that actual strong lift regiment is not heavy lifting and people shouldn't call it that

Its really just used here to differentiate the type of lifting - strength training (hyper range, whether that be myofibril or sarcoplasmic) as opposed to the Jillian Michaels endurance type regimen. Many people say they do strength training and are doing very high reps and low weights..
  • whierd

I'm glad we are finally seeing eye to eye.. well actually all I see is bewbs and thats ok. And you gave flowers

In that case, I agree with you completely. And I am sure many others do.

The sentiment of heavy lifting being the end-all-be-all of lifting is something I do not agree with and people should not be bullied into it. Cardio and bodybuilding have their places depending on a persons fitness goals. However, a lot of people, women especially, believe that any sort of heavy lifting will make them a bodybuilder. That is why many try to make them understand that this is false and building muscle mass is quite difficult.
  • IMD918
    IMD918 Posts: 49

THIS
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member

That made me laugh....a lot!

Oh, and in case I was not clear - I agree with what I just said also.

ETA: it *did* make me laugh - no sarcasm font needed.
  • whierd

Thats what I got from OP. I just don't really understand why we have people calling each other fat, *kitten* and... have PU in here...

PU was just trying to derail. No one took his bait.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    gymnastics is better than powerlifting. Everyone should just do backflips and *kitten*.
    Word. I heard you get swole and 'yolked' doing gymnastics. Don't need no protein neither, ain't nobody got time fo' dat!

296.jpg
  • taunto

That made me laugh....a lot!

EWTQz1i.gif
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    I just want to be able to say I was IN on this train wreck.

P.S. For what it's worth, I agree with Sara's interpretation of the OP's intentions when starting this thread. So, therefore, I suppose I agree with the OP. Assuming Sara's breakdown is what he meant. If it's not, then I don't agree with the OP. But I'm pretty sure it's what he meant. So yea, I agree with the OP.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • brandon0523
    What Sara said is what I meant.. we are good..

But.. damnit I am a firm believer that HIIT is one of the beat things for fat loss.. not strong lifts or any other program. Just my exp..
  • brandon0523
    Why couldn't 7 pages ago you just say.. oh this is what you meant.. I agree
This discussion has been closed.