Scratches head and thinks WTF...

Options
Ophidion
Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
Hi everybody, I thought I would write this post being inspired by other post topics such as worst weight loss advice, worst diets and well to many numerous ones to count to be honest.

I guess what I am looking for is post's and reply's that have been ridiculous, uneducated blanket statements or just plain old WTF moments where you have had to wipe the coffee off the screen of your computer after spitting it out in disbelief/shock/laughter.

Nothing too specific such as cut and paste or naming users, as we don't really want a witch burning as such, more of an illustration of how so called internet professionals are so ready to hand out advice with out considering the context in which the information is being used or applied to.

To clarify I am still quite new at the MFP thing and readily admit that I am wrong at times...and grateful when people point this out, because when you boil it down real friends will point this out so you can adjust your behavior accordingly and keep moving forward. So yes I may get butt hurt for a moment but that is preferable to a long period of ignorance and self-destructive behavior.

Now remember this is meant as an exercise for humor and education, not petty revenge for debates you feel you need closure on or an attempt to humiliate anyone.

I'll go first...

Apparently 99% of men are cheaters... WTF

Having your husband raped by a male hooker whilst handcuffed to a chair because you are leaving him is justified...WTF

Coffee or soda are a fine substitute for water...WTF

lets see if this goes anywhere 3...2...1 Let the hunger games begin!

Replies

• danglewtf
    danglewtf Posts: 29
    Options
    Oooh! Any pseudoscience relating to anti-vaccination riles me up. I'll stop right there!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You can call yourself vegetarian when you still eat fish? Fish is an animal I am pretty sure even if it swims instead of walks.
  • nonfatblonde
    Options
    This is stupid. Mindless.
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Oooh! Any pseudoscience relating to anti-vaccination riles me up. I'll stop right there!
    I'm with you on that one.
  • Ophidion
    Options
    I'm bored, so sue me.
  • Ophidion
    Options
    bump I know there is gold in dem hills I tells ya!, but you are all probably thinking...
    tumblr_lzl265nLj01qaab56o1_500_zpsd07c75b7.gif
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    You can call yourself vegetarian when you still eat fish? Fish is an animal I am pretty sure even if it swims instead of walks.

no, thats vegan.
  • nikilis
    Options

tough first day?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You are NOT vegan when you eat fish! That is pescatarian. *spanks that cute butt*
  • nikilis
    Options
    wait... what.. your gaining? you need to eat more.... WTF?
  • nikilis
    Options
    You are NOT vegan when you eat fish! That is pescatarian. *spanks that cute butt*

hahaha. I like having you around.
  • Ophidion
    Options

tough first day?
    I was thinking the same thing...but she does have my number stupid and mindless haha
  • Ophidion
    Options
    The real inspiration behind this thread...now people are going to be scratching their noodles and thinking WTF
  • estey89
    estey89 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

The more i eat the more i loose....
  • tbrain1989
    tbrain1989 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    my favourite is vegetarians in general

there are 600 species of carniverous plants.. thats right, the food you live on, as a vegetarian, lives on meat ...

obviously the common one is venus fly trap, but there are another 599...

put that in your bamboo pipe and smoke it
  • nikilis
    Options

there are 600 species of carniverous plants.. thats right, the food you live on, as a vegetarian, lives on meat ...

hold on.... your point is??
  • Ophidion
    Options

Yes I want to know the wonder filled journey of intellect this very fine individual is taking us...please tell us more!!!
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    Options

this... so there are 600 species of plants that "eat meat" of the 350000 estimated species of plants the world has (excluding the fungi and the algae). Ergo, plants are carnivorous? ...
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    wait... what.. you're gaining? you need to eat more.... WTF?

This is the one that kills me. I get the eye rolling thing going on at this point. Energy balance and whatnot. Someone creating their own energy out of nothing seems pretty incredible.
  • nikilis
    Options
    wait... what.. you're gaining? you need to eat more.... WTF?

This is the one that kills me. I get the eye rolling thing going on at this point. Energy balance and whatnot. Someone creating their own energy out of nothing seems pretty incredible.

I've reached the point of

asian-rage.gif

with that one. like... oh, your gaining weight, must be that caloric deficit. how the frick is that possible. either there is no deficit, infact a surplus, or you have health problems.

I don't see how that works.
This discussion has been closed.