Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LAURIE!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart:

@marca--isn't it amazing how our attitudes shift when we go from focusing on the scale to focusing on being healthy! Good for you for being so positive!! :drinker:

@kaye--you are so right about being able to lose weight without a lot of exercise. When I 1st started MFP I kept reading posts about how it's 80% food and only 20% exercise. At first I didn't believe it, but I've seen that it's true. On the opposite end of this, I'm proof that it's VERY difficult to lose weight when eating unhealthy foods--no matter how much you exercise. :grumble: Now that school is out, I have no excuse to not eat healthy. I have plenty of time to go grocery shopping and cook healthy meals, so I need to get into that routine.

@tom--I just found out that there is a Bruin with my last name, so now I'm torn between my loyalty to the Blackhawks and my desire for a hockey jersey with my name on the back. What do you think are the chances of Boston trading Brad Marchand to the Blackhawks?

@tina & tracy--so funny that you guys are talking about 30DS b/c I just watched the level 1 video on youtube last night in preparation to begin it this weekend. Let's all do it and keep each other motivated. I may start it this afternoon, but more likely Saturday or Sunday.

@mummoid--Yes, feel free to adjust the monthly challenge to work better for you. It's summer here in Chicago, but I can't seem to come up with a "new" outdoor activity. I may also just substitute 30 Day Shred as my new activity. :smile:

@kelley--yes, I feel like no matter what I do it will be an awesome trip!

@liz--yes, I know where Streator is. It's nice that you will be in Naperville and able to travel to Chicago from there. I hope you have nice weather and a fabulous trip!

To do:
    1. Vacuum area rugs
    2. Scrub bathroom floor
    3. Clear clutter on dining table
    4. Deal with potted plants
    5. Clean fish tank
    6. Wash bedding

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--core NOT DONE but walked gunner instead
    Tues--walk gunner DONE (2 walks actually)
    Wed--walk gunner + gym RAN OUTSIDE INSTEAD
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--rest (faculty cubs trip so lots of walking)
    Sat--walk gunner + 30 DS
    Sun--walk gunner + gym
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Karen if Boston trades Brad they would have to be considered crazy after the way he has been playing in the playoffs. You never know though if the price was right it could happen:smile:
    Brad did have an assist on the game winner in second overtime last night.:drinker:

I wonder how much not having D. Keith playing for your Hawks tonight will affect the game. I do think he deserved the suspension.
    stick-fighting-hockey-players-smiley-emoticon_zps28f92f0c.gif
    smileys-hockey-and-ice-hockey-931860_zpsc84bfd02.gif
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    @marca--isn't it amazing how our attitudes shift when we go from focusing on the scale to focusing on being healthy! Good for
    Sat--walk gunner + 30 DS
    Sun--walk gunner + gym
    It really is!!! Too bad it took nearly dying and 5 years of recovery (and many days that death would have felt like a reprieve) for me to finally get it!!! HEALTH is a gift beyond measure but unhealthy was the gift that made me appreciate it!!!
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    New favorite food..... I added chia seed to my protein shake (my sweet fix really) and it thickened it up and added a great nuttiness.... plus, I have been very low on fiber lately and it provides 5 grams naturally!!!:drinker:
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Oh man- I'm in the opposite boat as you - I own a home and want out so bad!! So tired of the work and costs of upkeep! Would love to rent. My house needs several repairs I'm trying to get done so I can get it on the market.

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind being a renter at all and not having the responsibilities of repairs and house stuff in general. Unfortunately, they can get so much more for rent out here. Plus, the schools are pretty bad so there's only a few areas where the schools are good and people know that too. It's a no win situation unless I but if I want my monthly payment to go down. What part of the country are you in?
  • susan2396
    Options
    Thursday truth ... I'm tired and achey and all i want to do is curl up on the couch with a BIG bag of potato chips, a gallon of french onion dip and a dozen carmello bars while i bury myself in Star Trek.

...but i won't. I'm at work and I'm about to dig into my YOPA! yogurt and my half a grapefrut. :laugh:

OMG!!!! We are too much alike. This would be my total go to snack too - chips, french onion dip and I'll through in some carmel something too. We're soooo bad, BUT I'm so proud of you for digging into the yogurt and grapefruit. I've been completely on track 100% for almost 2 weeks, but last night I gave in to a STUPID bag of Oreo's. Stupid little cookies!!!! I'm back on track today though and ready to stay focused!
  • susan2396
    Options
    New favorite food..... I added chia seed to my protein shake (my sweet fix really) and it thickened it up and added a great nuttiness.... plus, I have been very low on fiber lately and it provides 5 grams naturally!!!:drinker:

I've read about them and seen them in stores, but never officially tried them. Very interesting. I fix a meal replacement shake every other day and normally add 1 cup of frozen berries to thicken it up plus it makes a nice berry chocolate shake. I like the idea of the nuttiness and 5 grams of fiber is definitely an added plus. I may need to give them a try. Thanks!
  • Doogiezz
    Doogiezz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    After two months of religiously following the Sonoma Diet, which I am loving, I "hit the wall" and could not seem to lose any weight for about three weeks. A couple of things helped. One of my friends advised me that my body was saying "Whoa! It's time to adjust to the weight loss." The biggest help, though, was to just keep on doing what I was doing, knowing that a plateau is natural phase of any weight loss program.. Sure enough, it "broke" just after the three week mark. I also only record my weight here only once a month (tomorrow will be three months!), rather than obsess about every little ounce and pound fluctuation. Sure I cheat by checking progress more frequently (I anticipate that tomorrow's loss will be about 12 pounds for the month). Hope this helps. Keep on keeping on!
  • lorenacoy9
    lorenacoy9 Posts: 39
    Options
    Loosing 100 pounds sounds hard im having trouble loosing 25
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes. It has been a wonderful day. One of my classes sang Happy Birthday to me today so that was fun. Overall, the kids were great today. The teachers celebrated my birthday with brownies and cake will finish them tomorrow I hope.

I had a very busy day including a retirement dinner tonight then out with a friend for yogurt. It was great but I am heading to bed shortly.

karen-rowing machine will help the arms and stomach as well.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Today wasn't a stellar day food wise. I did okay until I had dessert. DH picked about 6 quarts of strawberries this morning. I couldn't resist making an angel food cake to go with them. It was sure good and I'm still under maintenance, so all is well.
    Tomorrow we are leaving early to drive the 6-7 hours to Vancouver, WA for our oldest granddaughter's high school graduation. She is graduating on our 48th wedding anniversary (June 11). It will be fun to be with the kids for the weekend.
    I don't know how often I will be able to check in. Have a great weekend.
    Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @kaye--enjoy your trip!

@laurie--glad you enjoyed your birthday--sounds like a fun day!

@marca--yes, I'm glad I was able to turn things around before I did any permanent weight related damage (other than looks--like saggy skin). I'm very glad you and several other friends in this thread were able to recover and push your lives in a new direction. Those of you who fight through health issues to achieve results are a great reminder of how lucky we all are! :flowerforyou:

@tom--I know Marchand is playing really well for your Bruins, so little chance we will get him. I guess I will have to forgo the jersey--I just can't bring myself to wear a non-Chicago jersey. :ohwell: As far as Keith goes, I agree it was a dumb move on his part and he deserved the suspension. We'll see how they do without him. Right now we are up 3-2 with 3 minutes to go, but it's not over 'til it's over.

To do:
    1. Vacuum area rugs
    2. Scrub bathroom floor
    3. Clear clutter on dining table
    4. Deal with potted plants
    5. Clean fish tank
    6. Wash bedding DONE

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--core NOT DONE but walked gunner instead
    Tues--walk gunner DONE (2 walks actually)
    Wed--walk gunner + gym RAN OUTSIDE INSTEAD
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE
    Fri--rest (faculty cubs trip so lots of walking)
    Sat--walk gunner + 30 DS
    Sun--walk gunner + gym
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Hawks win!!! :drinker:

I guess there's your answer, Tom.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I was able to get 100 squats in yesterday for my "daily challenge." Today the assignment is a 10 minute arm workout that looks pretty good. Then my workout goals tonight is to catch a Zumba class between work and my son's baseball game and to do day one of the 30DS. My diet has been doing pretty good and I lowered my calories as of yesterday so hopefully by getting back on track with my exercise and eating less, I'll see that scale start to move again.

So my goal was to do Zumba, the arm workout and then 30DS. I got through Zumba, went to the baseball game (I did do some walking there as my daughter "disappeared" with friends for a while and I had to walk the whole complex to find her -- playing in the water and mud no less!! :smooched:). We didn't get home until almost 10:00. Started that arm workout -- should be no problem. OR SO I THOUGHT!!! :noway: Wow, what a workout. My arms were shaking and it felt like my arms were going to fall off! (if you are interested, it's on youtube...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrpGbulGprA ) Can't comprehend doing the 30DS tonight...but I WILL get it started tomorrow. Since I couldn't do that...I did do an additional 50 squats to make up for it and now I'm off to bed.
  • Dynamis600
    Dynamis600 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    @ Tina well done on starting the 30 day shred.

@tlh0407 I have the same problem with my husband working nights our bathroom needs a good clean as well as the room. Unfortunately I don't have another room for him to sleep in at the moment. Just have to work around that somehow.

@kaye you have done really well for not exercising much. hope your surgery is soon so you can get back into walking.

@Marca it took me a while to stop my emotions being related to the scale, as you say you can take pride in yourself knowing you have done all the right things

@ skinnyjeans I have to have a laugh at myself I thought walk gunner must be a new exercise programme, I even googled it.I gather gunner is your dog.:embarassed: :smile:

@doogie, yay for you in breaking your plateau. Looking forward to watching your ticker go down tomorrow.

@Laurie, glad you had a lovely day for your birthday.

@ yum strawberries they are out of season here, sounds yummy with the cake. How lovely that you get to celebrate your anniversary as well as your daughters graduation.

Fitness friday
    hmm well just felt dizzy today so didn't do my usual exercise, just waiting to feel better to get back into my exercise routine. Plan for the weekend to eat more healthy foods and keep warm and get rid off this awful cold and sinusitus and the dizzy bug that seems to have hit me at the same time.
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Oh man- I'm in the opposite boat as you - I own a home and want out so bad!! So tired of the work and costs of upkeep! Would love to rent. My house needs several repairs I'm trying to get done so I can get it on the market.

Don't get me wrong. I don't mind being a renter at all and not having the responsibilities of repairs and house stuff in general. Unfortunately, they can get so much more for rent out here. Plus, the schools are pretty bad so there's only a few areas where the schools are good and people know that too. It's a no win situation unless I but if I want my monthly payment to go down. What part of the country are you in?

I'm in Dallas; the housing market is pretty good here - I'm very lucky that the neighborhood I live in is and has been doing well with buying/selling. Apt. and town home rent is not too bad and my son just finished his first year of college so I don't need to worry about staying near a good school and I just don't need a big house anymore.

Where are you?
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Tlh0407- lets do this! I was SO sore this morning but I got up and did day 2! And it does make you feel strong and accomplished when you complete a day! We can keep each other motivated!
    And I love Zumba! I was going to a class twice a week, then school started and then the class stopped so haven’t been able to go back yet. But I do love Zumba, so much fun and a great workout!
    Also great job on the Zumba, arm workout and squats! You’re on fire! I’m going to check out that arm workout.

MyM0wM0w- Yay for the yogurt and grapefruit! But now I want a carmello…those are my favorite. And it’s that time of month so I really want it lol

Kaye- At least you are still watching your calories and doing the best you can! You are doing great! And it’s great to see that you are still getting results even without a lot of exercise!

Skinnyjeanz- lets do this 30 DS thing together! I did day 2 today!

Friday Fitness: Well I started the 30 DS on Thursday. Today was day 2. I was SO sore this morning but I got up and did it! I have Jillian Michaels propped up on top of my alarm clock so when it goes off I see her and don’t hit snooze (maybe once but I keep my alarm 30min fast) Also I realized that I can get up and workout when it is light out, but when fall comes and it’s dark at 6am it’s really hard for me to get up. So will have to figure something out with that. I feel SO much better just knowing I am going to do this 30 DS. I also find when I have a program to follow such as the 30 DS it’s easier for me to follow an exercise routine.

Tomorrow is going to be a bit of a rough day food wise, we have a family reunion to go to and then my friend who I haven’t seen in a long time will be coming to visit we are going to dinner and to have some drinks. A girls night. She’s in pharmacy school and has 2 kids, she needs a break and I start school Monday so a fun night Saturday is needed before summer classes start.

But I will still get up and get day 3 of 30DS in tomorrow and will do lots of walking around and games at the reunion so it’ll be fine.

Have a fantastic Friday everyone!!!

Tina
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @mummoid--Yes, gunner is my dog. :laugh: No worries, you aren't the 1st to join this thread and wonder what that means.

@tina & tracy--yes, I will get started tomorrow or Sunday at the latest.

Friday Fitness--I will be doing an arm workout today--lifting my cocktail glass to my mouth over and over. :laugh: It's our annual faculty Cubs trip, so a long day of drinking and eating. I know I will get lots of walking in as well, but needless to say, not a very healthy day today. I'm going to try to pace myself so I won't be too hung over tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

I'm in Dallas; the housing market is pretty good here - I'm very lucky that the neighborhood I live in is and has been doing well with buying/selling. Apt. and town home rent is not too bad and my son just finished his first year of college so I don't need to worry about staying near a good school and I just don't need a big house anymore.

Where are you?

I know you were responding to Susan, but I'm in a suburb of Dallas. :smile:
  • MaryPoppinsIAint
    MaryPoppinsIAint Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    *drags in and flops on the couch*

I'm back. Wiped, but I'm back.

Just as my son started to get better, we had the opportunity to make headway on the whole "our house looks like an episode of Hoarders" issue, so I've been powering on that since Monday. The local Goodwill has been the happy recipient of a 10' Uhaul full of furniture and boxes of stuff, there is a fairly respectable "get rid of it" pile in the drive waiting for Saturday's yard sale, and there are visible inroads into the garage. Monday we're going to pull all the furniture out of the spare bedroom and add it to whatever doesn't sell, heading to Goodwill. Also going are the current kitchen table (old and we no longer have the central leaf that makes it bigger), and a huge heavy drawer cabinet that is storing random stuff and making the kitchen awkward. Once that's done, the "new" table is coming into the kitchen, and the spare room is being turned into Laura World, with my piano, music, craft & sewing stuff, books, cooking reference library (bookshelves!!!) etc. Oh, and my Aerogarden, since we found all the pieces and the kits.

As you might imagine, all that work led to the consumption of far too much easy salty fatty takeout because the kitchen was a disaster zone and nobody was up to cooking. So today is about getting back on the logging train, not gonna concern myself much with WHAT I eat beyond logging it. As long as I stay away from the ice cream bars, I'll be happy.

Other then that, my happy butt is sitting on the couch and relaxing today... as much as I can with the now-active-again toddler running about, that is. We might go hang out in the yard for a while if it warms up out there.