A Frustrated Girl who Runs and Lifts

Options

Replies

• nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    You're mad at the FACT that extreme long distance running creates a body shape that is not feminine nor lean, and certainly not attractive. How the hell can you get mad at such an obvious truth?

Do I need to break it down for you? Do you want the science of it on a cellular and hormonal level? Lol

*sigh* long distance runners are not lean?...lololol...

and finding someone attractive is preference not fact ffs.

oh...and lol

Not that lean, no. Not like sprinters. And have no muscle mass. Nobody is attracted to a walking stick.

Ummm pretty sure men have it programmed into their DNA to be attracted to feminine traits and body shape. Boobs, wide hips small waist, big butt... This is proven fact. Read a book. Damn, even watch a documentary. How are you this ignorant to science?

Ironic choice of words

I just read your profile....this is what you promote? "I eat ice-cream every day and drink copious amounts of lattes."

Sara is actually very knowledgable when it comes to body composition and lifting heavy in particular.

She was trying to help you, so I'm not sure why you are currently bashing her.
  • IronAngel26pt2
    IronAngel26pt2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You're mad at the FACT that extreme long distance running creates a body shape that is not feminine nor lean, and certainly not attractive. How the hell can you get mad at such an obvious truth?

Do I need to break it down for you? Do you want the science of it on a cellular and hormonal level? Lol

oh...and lol

Not that lean, no. Not like sprinters. And have no muscle mass. Nobody is attracted to a walking stick.

Ummm pretty sure men have it programmed into their DNA to be attracted to feminine traits and body shape. Boobs, wide hips small waist, big butt... This is proven fact. Read a book. Damn, even watch a documentary. How are you this ignorant to science?

Ironic choice of words

I just read your profile....this is what you promote? "I eat ice-cream every day and drink copious amounts of lattes."

Huh?

It's on your page. Were you not aware?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

oh...and lol

Ironic choice of words

Huh?

And that is relevant how?

That is what I meant with the huh? as it obviously went over your head.
  • IronAngel26pt2
    Options

oh...and lol

Ironic choice of words

Sara is actually very knowledgable when it comes to body composition and lifting heavy in particular.

My guess is that she has a body pretty close to the one you are after.

Lol.....no Hun... That is me in my profile pic. I'll keep it. Thank you tho.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options

She's mad that you are saying a certain body shape is not attractive, gross and unfeminine. She is not mad about the body composition aspect. Is that broken down enough for you?

Nice to see men also buy into the "real women have curves" nonsense that is floating around at the mo (and by the way I DO have curves, but I don't determine a woman's value by her body shape)

I don't care what she's mad about. It's simply not attractive.

Men do love curves. It's in our DNA. This doesn't include fat chicks who claim they are "curvy".

Awww I knew you call me fat :flowerforyou: So all skinny, boyish figured women are forever alone? Aces thanks for the heads up *head desk*
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

oh...and lol

Ironic choice of words

So you are happy with your body composition? So what was your question?

You run. It makes you happy. You lift. It makes you happy. You are happy with your body composition. So what's the issue?
  • IronAngel26pt2
    Options

oh...and lol

Ironic choice of words

Huh?

And that is relevant how?

That is what I meant with the huh? as it obviously went over your head.

I was hoping you made a mistake by copying and pasting the wrong thing in there.
    I'm sure you have helped out a lot of people. Keep it up. You've got it all figured out.
  • IronAngel26pt2
    Options

oh...and lol

Ironic choice of words

So you are happy with your body composition? So what was your question?

You run. It makes you happy. You lift. It makes you happy. You are happy with your body composition. So what's the

Dont bother
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Wow.. this sounds like my story, though I dont (read cannot) work half as hard as you do. :smile:

It has been a month now, I do 60 mins of cardio everyday - 30 mins of treadmill (speed 4.5-5 with incline 4-6) and 30 of stationary cycle and burn about 300-350 cals.
    I weight lift very basic as I am new to this. Bicep curls (2 sets of 15 reps with 3kg weight in each hand), chest flys (2 sets of 15 reps with 3kg weight in each hand), leg press (4 sets of 25 reps), push ups (2 sets of 10 reps), crunches etc are the whole list.

I always eat around 1200 cals, and in a month, I have only once eaten extremely over which was 2200 cals.

And STILL, I do not lose weight. Neither do I see any major NSVs in the form of inches or measurements!! :grumble: :explode:

For those who might say that I might be gaining muscle, I have a question. Is is possible to gain muscle within 15 days of lifting because this scenario has remained unchanged since then. :noway:

People asked me to eat 20% below my TDEE and that is coming to 1400 cals. I tried that too, but it doesnt seem to be helping and I am scared that I might put on weight. :frown:

Sorry if I sound ignorant, but I am looking for some answers. :flowerforyou:
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    OP, whats your lifting routine? I'm in love with your shoulders.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options

oh...and lol

If all men are genetically programmed to be attracted to the same body type, how do you explain Rule 34?
  • likeschocolate
    likeschocolate Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I want to do it all... I've been told I cant. I've read I cant...I was determined to prove "them" wrong. But now I'm starting to wonder.....

There are scientific reasons that champion distance runners are not seen as champions in the strength or even sprint categories.

The key to avoiding frustration is to keep goals logical, reasonable and attainable. :smile:

Note: experiences of individuals will vary and may not generalize to your own situation. You look like you are older and have a different genetic potential than the average person on the site (for example).
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Well this thread certainly took a turn since the last time I looked at it a few hours ago.

FYI to the OP, you may want to listen to Sarauk2sf. The reason she has so many posts is because she is very knowledgable, especially about body recomposition and lifting and spends a lot of time and effort helping others. You'd be wise to listen to her. And I agree about the body shaming. Not okay. Stop it.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Long distance running is absolutely awful for body compositions. Especially THAT long.

Diet, lift, and SPRINT. You will be incredibly lean in no time.

Indeed. All of those marathon fatties. yuck.

-86d1fb52cc489710.jpg

Are you being sarcastic? If so, then look google pictures of sprinters compared to distance runners. You will change your view. Marathoner runners look gross. The chicks are skinny fat with no *kitten*. Sprinters look PERFECT physically.

1) of course they are being sarcastic
    2) body shaming - nice!
    3) I do not think you understand the definition of skinny fat.

Wasn't trying to put anyone down. I'm saying at the extreme end of the spectrum, the pro marathoners... Are NOT pleasant to look at. Not saying anyone here or that runs a lot looks gross!!! But thats the road it brings you down. In contrast the average sprinter looks amazing.

And I'm pretty sure I know what skinny fat means. C'mon now. Lol.

First of all, how on earth can you not see you are putting anyone down? You just did it again.

Secondly, if you think they are skinny fat, no you do not know what it means.

Lady, seriously go away. The body composition i am wanting is not achieved by running marathons. That is what he's saying. And he is correct.

Go save the world somewhere else....

Lady...it's an open forum but one where body shaming is not allowed.

Have fun with your goals....and your reading comprehension.

Edited for typos.

Well said :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Well this thread certainly took a turn since the last time I looked at it a few hours ago.

FYI to the OP, you may want to listen to Sarauk2sf. The reason she has so many posts is because she is very knowledgable, especially about body recomposition and lifting and spends a lot of time and effort helping others. You'd be wise to listen to her. And I agree about the body shaming. Not okay. Stop it.

All of this.

Came in to be helpful, saw body shaming comments supported by the OP and personal attacks against Sara, leaving now.
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    BUMPPPPPP!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    for a while I went on long runs, did ploy, and hit weights and I definitely got smaller and lost muscle mass....so I backed off the long runs and started lifting heavy with compound lifts and back running off to like one to two HIIT sessions a week...I maintained my weight but definitely have lost body fat...now I am still lifting and have added one more cardio session in ..so lift four times and three cardio sessions a week in hope of leaning out a little more and getting to 10% body fat....

I think you will see results if you back cardio to like two sessions per week and lift have with compound lifts...
  • barrpc
    barrpc Posts: 96
    Options
    I think age determines what you can get away with. I have played with the formula for my body for 3 years. For me (everyone is different) I do 3 runs a week and 2 weightlifting sessions a week and that has been very good at controlling my weight while training for the marathon. This year I was able to take 23 minutes off my previous PR. But again, each person is different and I think you have to go slow to avoid injury and figure out what works for your body.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    inb4 inb4's

What's REALLY important is that THIS was the first reply to the OP. How? How did he know? What sort of precognition is this that he knew this thread would become the festering turd it has? I call wizardry.
  • tourmalily
    tourmalily Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Uh and who the hell are you to decide what exactly is a "feminine" body shape, or what is an attractive body shape?

Seriously, shut up and stop body shaming, it's gross.