OMG. There are SO MANY calories in....

Options

Replies

• ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Just noticed today b/c I was craving one....small cookie dough blizzard from Dairy Queen...690 calories!!!! OUCH! Will be avoiding those this summer :)

I checked the calorie count on those recently myself. and to think I used to eat a medium-large on a regular basis! Holy moly!
  • Love_Is_My_Fuel
    Love_Is_My_Fuel Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Starbucks Venti Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha, full-fat milk with whipped cream - 700 calories! For a drink!

Edited to add: 20 oz. (the hot-drink Venti size) of whole milk is about 370 calories... that means that the other 330 comes from the syrup/flavoring and whipped cream. Good grief!
    PEANUT BUTTER.... crazy amount of calories whenever you could have PB2: the best thing ever invented. AND it's deliiiiiiiiiicious
    Some things are worth the calories! 2 Tbsp of natural PB is less than 200 calories, and the fat in PB is healthy fat - if you limit your portions, all-natural (no salt/sugar/oil added) PB can be a regular part of a perfectly healthy diet. High Calorie / High Fat does not always equal bad.

Here in Canada, we have light peanut butter...it's only 80 calories per tablespoon..paired with some multigrain crackers you have a snack under 200 calories
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    dominos pizza or pizza hut 1000 calls or so lot of calories or the dough balls 600 or more calories
  • drezzal
    drezzal Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    White chocolate mocha from café nero, totally worth it though! lol
  • Lori0463
    Lori0463 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    SMALL Peach Milkshake from ChickFilA--600!!

That's why I love MFP-I put things in BEFORE I eat them, then I don't eat them. But damn I do LOVE those milkshakes
  • bonjalandoni
    bonjalandoni Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Pecan Pie, 500+ cals per 1/8 slice... sigh
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I adore Sesame sticks but today I noticed they were 19 Grams of fat per 1/3 cup!

:(

I got chinese crackers instead lol

sesame+sticks.jpg

OMG I love Sesame sticks, just mailed some to my momma cause she couldn't find any. Oh just the thought of those used as dippers in some hummus makes me want to dive in and roll around for hours...yum yum
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    A cup of tea with milk & sugar.

There's a lot of database entries for 30-40 calories or so, but for a typical cup of tea here, that's not accurate!

I like a big mugful (as do most NZers) so that's about 100ml of whole milk = 60 calories
    And the "teaspoons" of sugar aren't real teaspoons - they're 10g each rather than 4g - cos a home teaspoon isn't an accurate measure AND they're heaped so there's another 77 calories

BOOM, pretty much 140 calories for a drink that the database entries try to tell you is 100 cal less!
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I once loved that place, but it just not worth it to go back after reading about their what seems to be healthy menu. Most dishes have enough calories and sodium to last me a week!

Taco Bueno recently got some better choices. But all the original menu items - bad, bad, bad. Ate there today and it was good. Now I need to be good for the next several days.
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    first paragraph refers to Cheese Cake Factory.
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTER.... crazy amount of calories whenever you could have PB2: the best thing ever invented. AND it's deliiiiiiiiiicious

however peanut butter, like all nuts and nut butters, is high in calories and fat but it's good fat and very nutritious (as long as you're not getting the kind loaded with sugar) whereas the PB2 and reduced fat peanut butters, yes they're lower in calories, but they're worse for you nutritionally. it's better to have less of the good stuff then more of the low fat stuff (unless something is lower fat because its' baked not fried)
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Ritz crackers! 170 cals for 5 crackers - and I used to polish off half a sleeve, easily, every day with my lunch (15 crackers or so). And if that isn't bad enough, they are loaded with hydrogenated oils. Threw them all in the garbage after I noticed that.
  • raqdabells73
    raqdabells73 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad from Bob Evans and that is without the dressing on it
    618 calories.

The sodium is even better 1120 mg :frown:

When I learned that my heart just broke ...here I thought I was being health conscious by having a salad.
  • psykins
    psykins Posts: 76
    Options
    Was gonna have a nice drink yesterday...one can of 4Loko is 600 cals!

nvm...
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    berry cream oreos, I ate 4 yesterday, that was 300 calories. I was sad lol
  • KGill67
    KGill67 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    One slice of cheese pizza from the Costco food court = 700 calories. Yikes.

Granted, that is a large slice; if you buy the whole pizza, they cut it into twice as many slices. which makes it a bit easier to control the damage.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Zaxby's fried corn nuggets. They're these little things, about the size of the tip of your thumb. I had a few and it turned out over 400 calories. I could have had three corn on the cob and gotten fewer calories !

Also, Costco All american chocolate cake. Ranges from 600 - 1000 calories depending on how you slice it.

Or as I call it - the annoying deficit cake.
  • BeckyAnne4
    BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Firehouse Subs Large Beef Brisket and Cheddar on White: 1500 calories

Chick-Fil-A Spicy Chicken Biscuit: 450 calories (vs. Egg McMuffin at 300)

Domino's Boneless Chicken: 1200 for the container

McDonalds Large Mocha Frappe: 680 calories

Taco Bell Beefy Crunch Burrito: 510 calories and so delicious it's worth the calories ;-)

unrelated to the thread - kevinthenerd...you're a lions fan...in florida? i must know, how does such a thing occur? i ask as a lions fan who was born and raised in metro detroit.

everyone else, please carry on :smile:
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I was surprised in some of the salad dressings. And in Peanut butter you would think that would be a lower number. The all natural ones have less but still is quite a few calories for a small amount of it.
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Queso and chips at a mexican resturant. I looked it up once and it was like over 2000 calories. -silent sob-

I know....Whenever I go to OTB I allow myself 4 chips and then I literally sit on my hands. Ugh !! They are sooo yummy !!