OMG. There are SO MANY calories in....

Options

Replies

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    A good New York bagel! I love bagels and used to eat them on a regular basis. Those huge "pillows" can range from 300-400 calories a pop and that's without the cream cheese.

I love bagels, too :(

Especially with lox & creme fraiche & cucumber & tomato & capers. I can still do it, but I'd have to eat really light the rest of the day and it hasn't been worth it to me just yet. But, at least that meal is expensive as well as higher calorie, so at least I'm saving money, right?
  • Ginny2bskinny
    Options
    Wow Taco Bell salad? Won't be having those anytime soon!
  • skparker2
    skparker2 Posts: 132
    Options
    Just noticed today b/c I was craving one....small cookie dough blizzard from Dairy Queen...690 calories!!!! OUCH! Will be avoiding those this summer :)

THIS! Went with my bf to try this peanut choc cluster heaven of a blizzard & logged it in and cried a li'l on the inside!!!

Oh, and Casey's pizza of any sort...trying to work off their Canadian bacon pizza is a nightmare...spent 2 hours at the gym once just to get back into positive with my calories...by a whole SIX calories :D
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Flour. Any kind of flour. Great homemade Italian bread is just flour, water, salt and yeast. Water? 0 cal. Salt? 0 cal. Yeast? Hardly any. Flour? OMG!!
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Pizza :'(
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Small Skor Blizzard from Dairy Queen.....570 calories.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Starbucks glazed donuts: 480 calories and it doesn't feel like you've had anything to eat.

If you're craving a sweet at starbucks the chocolate-covered grahams are a much better option, 280 for two of them. Also, instead of a frappucino get a soy latte or an iced soy latte, 170 calories is not too bad.
  • audxoxoxo
    audxoxoxo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    "Cold Stone Creamery: PB&C Shake

Calories: 2,010

Saturated fat: 68 grams

A "Gotta Have It" PB&C Shake (peanut butter, chocolate, and milk) has a full day's calories and 3½ days' worth of sat fat into each 24 fl. oz. plastic cup, Hurley said."
    Source: http://abcnews.go.com/Business/diet-disasters-top-calorie-heavy-menu-items/story?id=14114606#.Ubs2PPlmiSo

Can't even believe that man!!!!! ONE SHAKE!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised that people are shocked that there's a ton of calories in some of these foods.

You can still eat them you just need to budget accordingly
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    The amount of calories in 5 guys burgers made me really sad. But looking back, they're so greasy and bad for you.
    Also, pretty much anything from the cheesecake factory or friendlys is going to send you over.

I eat 5 Guys for lunch multiple times a week. It's one of the few places that easily fits into my dietary requirements. I love it there.
  • CandiQueen
    CandiQueen Posts: 57
    Options
    I ate a pulled pork sandwich and fries from Montana's and it turned out to be 1800 calories!!! I was floored when I found out and am never going there again. I figured it would be high and I would have to have a small dinner but I had no idea it would take up my entire food for the day.
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised that people are shocked that there's a ton of calories in some of these foods.

Wow now. I certainly never said I wouldn't still eat the pizza!! Lol I LOVE pizza. And was not AT ALL surprised it has so many calories. But I certainly find a way to fit it in every so often!
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Most granola.
    Even the "healthy" ones are loaded with HFCS (spare me as to whether you think it's evil or not). On a particularly hangry morning I bought some at the LatteLand near my office. I had already heard it was a calorie bomb, but I didn't realize the severity until I'd already eaten my fill (about 1/4 of the portion sold to me). I had about a half cup and it was over 500 calories. Bottom line, if your granola tastes good, it's got the calories packed in.
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Taco salad just ain't salad. Check out the one from On the Border!
  • haidos
    haidos Posts: 69
    Options
    Costas Coolers (frescatos)

they range from approx. 300-800cal! and it's a drink! drinks don't have calories this is a lie!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

LOL...I was going to say the same thing. I haven't read every single post, but most of what I have read is pretty much no-brainer...
  • wurstera
    wurstera Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Had the Whiskey BBQ salad from Red Robin, thinking I was doing the better thing, and it had over 900 calories in it! Craziness
  • friedmal4
    friedmal4 Posts: 7
    Options
    Swedish meatballs at IKEA
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Granola, PB, avocados, almonds.
    And pretty much any food that tastes really good.
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Chili's Classic Turkey Sandwich = 1340 calories and 63 grams of fat. This is a turkey sandwich people! I didn't check first, but ordered thinking it was more healthy than anything else on the menu. When I went home and looked it up, I was so mad I haven't been back.

Pretty much anything at chili's.... Don't even look at the desserts...
    Also as already been said the cheesecake factory everything is ridiculous!
    Same for Ted's montana grill, it is wrong on SO many levels that a salad can have 1100 calories +

The "lite" sirloin with broccoli is under 400 calories! That's my go-to meal there.