How I have avoided plateauing ***length warning***

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    what's QFT? popcorn2.gif

OMG OMG Kellch!! Hey, isn't this around your wedding anniversary? Like maybe today? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Was that Marla? Yeah it just passed. I just found out what that meant. All this time I thought it meant a bad word like quite effing true. LOL:laugh: see how I lol'd twice there?

quoted for truth is what they say. I hope I am not believing like I did my kids when they said it was oregano
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    what's QFT? popcorn2.gif

OMG OMG Kellch!! Hey, isn't this around your wedding anniversary? Like maybe today? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Was that Marla? Yeah it just passed. I just found out what that meant. All this time I thought it meant a bad word like quite effing true. LOL:laugh: see how I lol'd twice there?

quoted for truth is what they say. I hope I am not believing like I did my kids when they said it was oregano

No, not Marla, I think kellch got married on my birthday a few years back - when we were all kickin it together.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Was what Marla?
  • Marla64
    Options
    Oh man. Um, lol, burgers aren't the answer people. Step away from the burger.

Sometimes burgers are the answer.

What was the question again?
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Was what Marla?

Hi, Marla!

Someone's anniversary is on June 13th - they got married on my birthday a few years ago. Jeannine thought I was talking about you. You've been married a whole heckofalot longer than five years. I think it was kellch.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    at least that's what I was talking about. Jeannine could have meant something else. Is your Anniversary (Marla) right around now?
  • Marla64
    Options
    Was what Marla?

You've been married a whole heckofalot longer than five years.

Tell me about it. :noway:

:wink:

Just celebrated our Silver Wedding Anniversary on May 7, and just graduated our 3rd teen-- only five more to go.

And, hi!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Was what Marla?

Just celebrated our Silver Wedding Anniversary on May 7, and just graduated our 3rd teen-- only five more to go.

And, hi!

Wow! That's awesome. Congratulations! Life gets interesting with multiple teens, I'll bet. :laugh:
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Thanks, this is a great read! Very informative.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Was what Marla?

And, hi!

Wow! That's awesome. Congratulations! Life gets interesting with multiple teens, I'll bet. :laugh:

Understatement.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Well, you know, that's me. I don't like to talk all that much

<<<<~~~~~~
    Was what Marla?

And, hi!

Understatement.
  • chineyLuv
    chineyLuv Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options

1. Give yourself a break - Have one meal that you really shouldn't, go over your calories once every couple of weeks, have that burger and yes, the fries too. It's called shocking your system, and it can actually break the body out of a routine and force it to re-examine itself. It's a legitemate practice endorsed by many trainers and it does work sometimes (It works for me), as long as you don't do it TOO often.
    4. Lower your goal settings, 1.5 lbs a week not working, maybe your metabolism is higher then the average and this site is under reporting, over a few weeks, gradually up your calories every few days (say 50 cals more every 2 days) and after a few weeks see if there is any difference.

I was on a very, VERY frustrating plateau that happened right after I lost my first 5 lbs. I was working out several times a week, lifting, walking, etc. I even wear a BodyMedia armband, so I had "proof" that I was burning calories. I did the above and have been losing 2+lbs a week since....and I'm female, over 40, with PCOS and insulin resistance. It can be done. Will I plateau again? Almost a certainty...but at least now I know that starving myself is NOT the answer....
  • snoople1
    snoople1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great infos, thanks for sharing::smooched:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    what's QFT? popcorn2.gif

No, not Marla, I think kellch got married on my birthday a few years back - when we were all kickin it together.

Ummmmmm........yeah...I did...didn't last :embarassed: He was a jerk :mad: But I'm happy now :smile: After 2 kids and a 3 year break from this healthy stuff (went through alot of crap and let myself go:ohwell: ) I'm back at it and happy :drinker:

Oh......and the kids are with my new man :smile: He's a good one :bigsmile:
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Great advice!
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Great advice thanks for sharing! :).