Can girls get 6 packs?

Options

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    If anybody needs me I'll be jumping off of a very tall building.

Take melsauntie with you please
  • andrea_wants_abs
    Options

I hope it's possible, 'cause I sure will be trying!

I hope it's possible too! I'll be right there with you trying to sculpt out my abs. :)
    Get it girl!
  • andrea_wants_abs
    Options
    Strange when people feel the need to knock down other people's aims and goals for their bodies. Makes me wonder why they feel the need to do this? You don't like it, don't read about it. No one really needs to know whether you think they look manly or whatever do they really?

This! I completely agree, I thought that when I read this.

Yup.. Just gotta keep it positive. There will always be people hatin' out there. All I can do is focus on me and getting the results I want, despite their bad jo jo. :)
  • andrea_wants_abs
    Options
    Bumping for later!!! Of course they CAN. I also loveee those beautiful & FEMININE bodies. I have to agree that we have it harder (to get ) than them. So if your bf really gets it in the "competitive" way he will beat you to it hands down. I would suggest to take it as if you are not too bothered about it so he will relax, then work out and beat him (hehehe). Go for it!!

Haha, good advice! I told him I was going to start waking up way early, go running come back and do 500 sit ups and then get back in bed like I was there the whole time. :)
  • freebirdjones
    Options
    Yes they can but why would they ever want to?

Why would they not want to you mean? Maybe they want to because it looks freaking awesome? :noway:

I would say be very careful when trying to reduce bodyfat to those low levels to get a six-pack or four-pack or eight-pack, You don't want to burn off most of your muscle mass with extreme dieting, and then once you burn off your muscle mass, you still never get there.

I've seen guys make the mistake of trying to diet off their bodyfat just to get the highly adored six pack and lose tremendous amounts of muscle in the process, and for what purpose, to make a few panties wet when you post a picture on the internet?

You presume too much and don't make much sense either. A bad combination.

Well, if you're a girl, you'd probably not care that much if you burn off a lot of muscle mass to get the highly coveted six pack, but for a guy it's a different story. Requires body composition monitoring measuring BF percentage and weight to find the sweet spot - a combination of macro-nutrient ratios and calorie deficit that produces only fat loss with trivial amounts of LBM loss.

To be honest here, I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Indeed, I know nothing. I have got to this stage in my body recom by winging it. It's all just good luck.....:grumble:

I can't believe this guy. All the time it took him to type all of his responses he could have been reading information on the net on how this is achieved. But some are quite content believing old information, being close minded and don't have the appetite for new knowledge.

For those who want to calculate their target heart rate to keep between 65-75% so you don't eat away at your muscle here is a good web page:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fitness_model_training.htm

This page also gives you good info to help cut without losing muscle mass:
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=want_the_body_of_a_fitness_model_find_out_what_it_really_takes

I also watched "How To Look Like That Guy" and it had some good info :)

It is possible =)
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    This is the worst most misinformed thread I have ever read on the Internet in my whole life. Many women are just so mis-informed about fitness and nutrition that it's absolutely mind boggling. This hurts my brain so badly. I don't know if I should laugh or cry, but it's ridiculous, to say the least. And, i thought guys were bad with bro-science. Holy crap. Women have a much longer and more difficult road to travel, I'm afraid.

I believe what you meant to say is that "Many men and women are just so mis-informed about fitness and nutrition"
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Let's try this one more time:
    Your base hip measurement (minus skin, muscle and fat) is determined by genetic bone structure.
    You are born with the genes that with determine your hip width.
    Some women have this width increase with childbirth.
    It is physically impossible for your hips to become smaller.

You see less waist definition if you gain weight.
    Your fat spreads out to the width of your hips bones and beyond...
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't bet against a women on getting a 6 pack first. Its easier for women to do so because they hold more stubborn weight in their hips where as men hold stubborn weight in their core. This means women only need approx 15% BF for abs whereas men need about 10%.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    It is genetically impossible for a women to have abs without being on steroids, at most doing its naturally girls can only have a 2 pack because of their xx chromosomes so the only way to get a six pack is to also have a y chromosomes which why some women will use steroids to get a 6 pack. Just kidding it is totally possible for girls to get 6 pack, girls can't get a 6 pack is a myth.

Bloody hell, I actually believed you there until I got to the last sentence :laugh:
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    hoping to become acquainted with my own 6 pack by the end of summer. ^_^
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Honestly I don't see any problem with women getting six-pack abs. They're very hard to get, but very easy to lose. Just get it, if you don't like the look, a week eating McDonald's will make them disappear...
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think it's possible for girls to get six packs.

AT1_zpsd801e016.jpg

Whats funny is that you put up this picure of a crossfitter, but slam eating Paleo in another thread, when the two are very highly associated. And NO I did not say that everyone that does one, always does the other....
  • septbride2
    septbride2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm working on it!
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I have the same competition with my bf, too bad he doesn't know it yet :)).

^^^^ yes lol same here
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Who else is going to bring me beer?
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Having a visible 6-pack is entirely a question of body fat. No matter how strong your abs/core are, if you BF% is not low enough, the 6-pack will not be "revealed". For a woman, a well-defined 6-pack comes at about 15% body fat (for a man, around 10%).

This article explains BF vs appearance very well.
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2012/07/02/body-fat-percentage/

Great article, thanks!

It also depends on your age. 15% can be low for some of us...
    i'm at 27% and i'm starting to see mine. I'm working for 25% body fat to help out with this.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    yes but body fat has to be low for women