girls in the gym

Replies

• soxfan2184
    soxfan2184 Posts: 48
    i feel like most of my posts on here are complain-y but i'm about to hide from all gyms and social media sites because of girls that do this...

girls in the gym WEARING MAKE UP!!!!! omg! if you still look good at the end, you're not working hard enough!
    you do not need to take selfies in the mirror every time you're there and you do not need to go slow on the stair stepper because you're wearing a push up bra and don't want to lose your ta-ta's. KNOCK THAT OFF!!!!

take it seriously, or move out of the way for the people that do. you're giving us a bad rep!

i don't need you staring at me when i come in in a cut off with my hair snarled from running to the gym and scoffing when i pick up a weight. THAT'S WHAT THE GYM IS FOR. not instagram, mascara, and victoria's secret.
    I completly agree with you, i see the same thing at my gym
    Also i go the gym right after work but that doesn't mean you can't wash
    It off,girls or women now a day's only go to the gym to check out the guys
    Those are the type of women who will fail in their attempts to lose weight & get in shape
    Because they are focused on other things.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    All I got out of this discussion is an urge to take selfies at the gym...
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    ... the gym is a place to work out, not flaunt your face or reel in a husband....

Says who?
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    YOU ARE ALL MISSING THE POINT. i wasn't referring to girls simply wearing make up. hell, if you're a guy and wanna wear make up to the gym, go for it! i was specifically talking about women that put on make up, go to the gym with their hair down & straightened, take pictures and don't do anything.

i thought i made that abundantly clear but i guess next time i'll spell it out word-for-word. you all assume i jump to conclusions that each person entering the gym with make up on doesn't take it seriously, but you're doing the same thing about me and this post??? i won't waste my time.

You're missing OUR points, which basically boil down to "WHY DO YOU CARE?" and "MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS".
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    I can definitely see why this would affect you.*

*Not really.
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Why do people assume that everyone is at the gym for the same reason. There are people there to socialize, there are people there to work out (but not strenuous), there are people there working with injuries, there are people there to kick their own butts (sometimes theirs and someone elses!). Work on your own workout and don't worry about how others are/aren't working out to your standards. I never notice anyone at the gym, muchless if they are wearing caked on makeup and taking selfies. I'm way to busy busting my own bum to see that.
  • IronFiend
    IronFiend Posts: 44 Member
    In defense of *some* of the women you describe...If I hit a two-a-day, I am not washing my face before training, so I have makeup on..big deal. Second, there are times when I will intentionally go slow on the stepmill....it is very difficult if you flex your leg muscles tight with each step...don't be so "judge-y"

edit: Wow, I just realized you're a woman posting this garbage...smh.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Double post. Sorry. Please move on to the next post.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    But us guys can still wear our makeup to the gym, right? That's ok, isn't it? Somebody please tell me it's ok. I need to know I'm not offending anyone.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Wait, so if I wear a Victoria Secret push up bra I won't lose my ta-ta's on the stair stepper? *runs off to the semi-anual VS sale for new bras*
  • YOU ARE ALL MISSING THE POINT. i wasn't referring to girls simply wearing make up. hell, if you're a guy and wanna wear make up to the gym, go for it! i was specifically talking about women that put on make up, go to the gym with their hair down & straightened, take pictures and don't do anything.

i thought i made that abundantly clear but i guess next time i'll spell it out word-for-word. you all assume i jump to conclusions that each person entering the gym with make up on doesn't take it seriously, but you're doing the same thing about me and this post??? i won't waste my time.

You're missing OUR points, which basically boil down to "WHY DO YOU CARE?" and "MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS".

Exactly....
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    I wear makeup to the gym. Come at me bro.
  • kgraves3
    kgraves3 Posts: 28 Member
    All I got out of this discussion is an urge to take selfies at the gym...

^This. I'd take really ridiculous ones too, just 'cause.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    tumblr_mczataiKkK1rk11bto1_500.gif
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    i feel like most of my posts on here are complain-y but i'm about to hide from all gyms and social media sites because of girls that do this...

girls in the gym WEARING MAKE UP!!!!! omg! if you still look good at the end, you're not working hard enough!
    you do not need to take selfies in the mirror every time you're there and you do not need to go slow on the stair stepper because you're wearing a push up bra and don't want to lose your ta-ta's. KNOCK THAT OFF!!!!

take it seriously, or move out of the way for the people that do. you're giving us a bad rep!

i don't need you staring at me when i come in in a cut off with my hair snarled from running to the gym and scoffing when i pick up a weight. THAT'S WHAT THE GYM IS FOR. not instagram, mascara, and victoria's secret.
    I completly agree with you, i see the same thing at my gym
    Also i go the gym right after work but that doesn't mean you can't wash
    It off,girls or women now a day's only go to the gym to check out the guys
    Those are the type of women who will fail in their attempts to lose weight & get in shape
    Because they are focused on other things.

LMAO, yes, looking good in public gyms means you will fail at your attempts to get into shape. :noway: Look at my photos and tell me if that's the truth.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    I have some cool workout tanks from Victoria's Secret....they're gym clothes, so I kind of figured it was cool for the gym. How did Victoria's Secret get added to the makeup/instragram again??
  • I take selfies to chart my progress. But I don't wear makeup to the gym unless I happened to put some on earlier in the day. I don't go there to look cute.
  • DaneDillinger
    DaneDillinger Posts: 70 Member

you do not need to take selfies in the mirror...

It is ENTIRELY possible that your definition of "selfie" is completely different than mine... but that had me ROLLING, yo.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    YOU ARE ALL MISSING THE POINT. i wasn't referring to girls simply wearing make up. hell, if you're a guy and wanna wear make up to the gym, go for it! i was specifically talking about women that put on make up, go to the gym with their hair down & straightened, take pictures and don't do anything.

I don't understand how we all missed the point.
    You said among other things

Many people here are disputing this point.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    If you have time to notice who's wearing what in the gym, you're not working hard enough either.

Yep.