Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Miss Robin! You are awesome as always!
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hello All. I am far from new to MFP but life and my excuses have gotten in the way and I have gained back almost half of the 120 lbs I had lost in the first year I was on here.

I am trying to figure/remember what I did way back then (it has been a year and a half since I was at my highest weight loss) and I think one of the biggest things is I need the support of those that are looking to lose big numbers like me.

I would love to add a few people to help.

Here is some background on me. I work full time and I go to college part time. I am a double major in English and History. I am single (but seeing someone I met on here) and I don't have kids. I don't spend tons of time on here but I will be as supportive as I can possibly be. I started on MFP 2/13/11. I have changed accounts since then so my numbers don't show exactly how long I have been on here.

I am currently on day 16 of no soda....soda is my comfort food and when I stress I want to drink gallons of it.

Thanks guys,
    Lisa

I am a pretty open book and I will answer most questions.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lisa - I started this thread a long while back and have bounced around with my weight too - having lost 10 pounds 3 times on my journey while here (Christmas and vacations are killer!) I'm glad you found us - yes, its the support of friends that carry us through the hard times as well as logging our food every day that makes the difference between holding our weight stable and losing weight, or watching that scale creep up to those old, horrible numbers. So, do try to log on frequently as I've found it helps! Congrats on giving up soda!
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name's Doug and I'm finally coming back and hopefully staying for a while this time. I lost 55+ lbs last year and gained all but 15 lbs since September. Can't believe I let myself get as heavy as I was then lose so much then let myself get so heavy yet again. It's almost like I like being ^&*(ing fat or something. I guess I need to start from scratch.

Hope everyone is having a good day
    Doug
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Thanks Robin and you are right. The logging is the key. I just made it through my first weekend in a long time of not blowing my week by eating badly.

Baby steps. :-)
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    A very crazy morning with a meeting that lasted 1 hour instead of 30 minutes. I was afraid that was going to happen. I came extremely close to leaving the curriculum writing project today. I am going to have to fight very hard to stay in this but honestly if I don't then it will not matter to me. The person in charge will drive me crazy for 2 weeks and it will be her way or no way type of deal which means she will waste most of our time talking at us instead of letting us work.

Next step is to bake a cake today, finish a power point presentation, go to the gym and meet up with the person I am house sitting for next month. I really hope my schedule will calm down soon but it just gets busier at times.

I will check in later with more responses.

Wish- that I accomplish everything I need to do today and that Kaye is doing well with her surgery.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,104 Member
    Options
    ;-}
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Laurie~I meant to ask, what is the pumpkin cake like? You were asking about frostings/icings yesterday and I was thinking it might be good with a simple glaze using milk/powdered sugar - especially if its a bundt type cake that you just drizzle the icing on.
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    Dobarber! Welcome back!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Robin~Thanks for the roll-over as usual! I know the movements we make while sleeping depend on the cycle we are in – movements are common in stages 1-2 but don’t happen in stages 3-4 or REM (dream stage). Some people move or twitch a lot and other people don’t move at all. Then there are those that twitch involuntarily, like those with restless leg syndrome, which is not normal. I know I don’t move, I often wake up in the same position I fell asleep in – I think a lot of it has to do with my bed though, I have a Sleep Number bed.
    @Karen~My doctor told me a long time ago to sleep on my side to lessen the chances of it happening, I was a back sleeper before. He also said the more stress I’m under I would be more susceptible. I used to have episodes nightly, but they are really seldom now.
    @Tina~I wouldn’t worry too much about your weight during 30DS, I’m quite certain you're losing inches. Let the way your clothes are fitting be the guide.
    @Doug~Good to “see” you! Are you still running?
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Wed. wish-Best wishes for Kaye!:flowerforyou:

RobinsEgg- those shoes I got were Propet and I am really liking them.

Lin- hope you are doing well.

Tlh- nice pictures:happy:

Karen- You should hope for a Hawks win tonight in Boston as that would set them up for their pull the series out right at the end, just ask the Red Wings about that:sad:

While I’m talking hockey (even though I know most of you do not care, it makes me feel better):laugh:

griffchamp_zps87a830df.jpg

To everyone talking about or having sleep issues- I have obstructive sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine nightly. If I do not use it you do not want to be around me that next day. I have had 3 or 4 sleep studies since about 1986 and if you have problems sleeping and your insurance covers it I suggest a sleep study.

Quote of the day: - "The greatest thing you have is the 24 hours in front
    of you.
    The past is gone; the future is distant.
    Today you CAN succeed.
    Set a goal you can achieve in the next 24 hours."

Tom
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    @kah68: actually no, i had to quit last September and haven't motivated myself enough or been persistent enough with it to get back into it. I will be walking this week though and will start the c25k program next week at the latest. Thanks for asking

@MyMowMow: bout time right?!? I'll be here again tomorrow too!

Doug
  • AnnaMW2013
    AnnaMW2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @ laurie I feel your pain!! We rewrote our curriculum during the school year, for every subject, during the school day. So not only did we get the lovely stress of writing it, we got to write sub plans and then deal with the mess when we got back for school. 8 times through out the school year. Oh the joy lol.

I'm leaving for Minnesota on Friday evening to visit my baby sister for a week to help her prep for her wedding the following weekend. My hubby is staying back in Ohio (can't afford the time off to drive or the $400 plane ticket!) and I'm going with my daughter, mom, dad, sister, aunt and cousin. We are camping for 5 of the days and staying in a hotel for the rest, I'm trying to figure out how in the heck I'm going to keep my workout routines going when I'm gone! I'm finishing week 4 Burn Circuit of Chalean Extreme and starting the Push Circuit next week. Right now I'm considering packing this laptop, my dvds and searching for a resistance band to use for the week, or taking a week off from the lifting and CLX and just doing cardio. Ideas?
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon all. I started the day with a surprise -- my husband walking in at 7:29 and saying "aren't you working today?" Yes, yes I am ...I am suppose to be on my computer in the living room at 7:30. Talk about a tornado. Luckily, he got my daughter up and her lunch packed and dropped her off to summer school. Normally he doesn't even get home until 8:30 - 9:00 so... After I got a bit settled, I looked at my phone (aka alarm). It froze at 3:29 AM. Nothing. Had to pull the battery out and kick start it. I feel like I've been "off" all day.

@Kris -- very handy!! I can't wait to be able to buy a house and do things to make it my own. If I had the financial means, I would be a house flipper...love that sort of thing!

@Tina -- I hate planks so Level 2 will definitely push me. BTW -- love the new picture. I was looking at all your pictures (I know, a bit of a stalker :embarassed: but wanted to share that you are VERY photogenic. Didn't see a bad picture at all.

@Robin -- GREAT PRANK!! I'm going to have to remember that and do it on my son in the future!

@Lisa -- soda is a downfall. I had it almost gone and now it's back. That will need to be a new goal of mine!

@Laurie -- my SIL is a kindergarten teacher and she has one of "those" in her group too. Frustrating when people can't compremise.

@Tom -- thanks for your help on the pictures. Now that I've done one, no problem!!!:smokin:

@mommylamb -- hiking would be good and if you look on youtube, you might be able to find some "extra' movements that will give you more of a workout than just walking. But over all, don't stress about it. Enjoy the time with your family, try not to over do it too much and hit it again when you get home.

Well tonight I'm headed to the gym for Aqua Power, catching my son's baseball game and then ending my day with 30DS. I'm going to try to get to bed at a decent hour tonight because I know it's going to be a late one tomorrow.
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
    @Kris -- very handy!! I can't wait to be able to buy a house and do things to make it my own. If I had the financial means, I would be a house flipper...love that sort of thing!

I'm currently in an apartment, I'm pretty sure management would *NOT* approve of what Im doing but I'm counting on me being a long time tenant who always pays on time as a grounds for forgiveness. It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission! LOL.

My next two handy projects (once this is done and I save up a little cash) is to finally get the old suitcase into a cat bed idea finished. I have some of the materials but the others will cost a little if I want to do it right. After that is an indoor fountain out of a huge planter. Oh yeah.... and I wanted to keep an eye out for a few palletts that will work as a headboard once I modify them a bit. :laugh: I have lots of ideas, the execution of them is another matter!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Kris are you a pinterest fan???? :tongue:

Forgot my Wednesday Wish --- the nice weather actually holds until 9:30 tonight so that we can enjoy the baseball game more. We've been in the high 70's and 80's but by the time the late game happens, it's cold enough that you have to wear a jacket and long pants.
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I went to lunch with a friend today at Old Chicago. I had been craving one of their individual pizzas, so I ordered that and checked the calorie count after. BIG mistake! 433 calories in one piece! So 1,733 calories total! :noway: So I am getting ready to go on a bike ride and take the dogs for a walk then have a salad for supper. Good grief! But...maybe I got rid of that Chicago Style pizza craving! As always, I will just keep on keepin' on! :drinker: ~ Cath
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Reading another thread tonight in Success Stories, one woman posted about her 100 lb weight loss and wrote this about her success:

Do you have any advice for others who are trying to lose weight?

The best piece of advice that was given to me and I still stand by it today would be that there is a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses and expect only results. I've always been interested in losing weight but I had never committed myself to doing it. When I did finally commit, nothing stood in my way. To me, I looked at it like a job and I had to do it because it needed to be done. Just like a job, you have to work to make it through life and to support your family. Well, this was a job and I had to better myself so I could be around for my family. You are worth it and you need to find something about yourself that you love. Focus on that and fight for what you want the most in life. No one can do it but you. Tell your mind to shut up and prove it wrong!

I thought this to be great advice!
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    Ok the pictures are kind of icky and washed out, but the shelves are hung. To all the people who made fun of my little pink tool kit with the little pink electric screwdriver.... /raspberries.

Living room window
    9090318168_3e255e9b7e_n.jpg
    998622_10200478407256812_267830456_n by KrisMowBook, on Flickr

Dining room window
    9090318112_2f458babbc_n.jpg
    995047_10200478406776800_1876867690_n by KrisMowBook, on Flickr