What made you fat and how are you overcoming it?

Options

Replies

• RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Boredom- and emotional eating (depression).
    I have beaten the depression (I hope/think) so now I just have to keep myself busy so there's no time to snack :smile:
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Who you calling fat?
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Food. Still working on overcoming that one :laugh:
  • Reecebullet
    Reecebullet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I ate too much while moving too little. I now eat less while moving more.

Exactly this. Everyone has things going on in their lives, excuses or not, it falls down to that. I just ate rubbish while doing nothing to burn that rubbish off.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    my friends made me eat too much.

black_guy_eating_cereal.gif

also, in for all the excuses.
    im already seeing some real doozies.

keep it up guize!
  • stepplax
    stepplax Posts: 26
    Options
    Being married. Not being married. :)
  • ms1978
    ms1978 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Overindulging and being lazy!! Now, I pay attention to what (and how much of it) I shove in my mouth, and I exercise as often as possible! No excuses, no boo-hoo story, just owning up and being responsible =)
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Eating out. I truly had no clue that eating a cheeseburger out wouldn't be the same calories as eating one at home, why would you think it would be any different? Now I know better. I skip going out, the calories are not worth it and I learned to cook to make my meals taste better anyway!
  • _Countryboy_
    Options
    Starvation mode from not eating back my exercise calories made me fat. Now, I eat all the food and lift all the things.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I stopped working-out but kept eating like I was training; my solution...started training again and eat a little less. Now I'm actually eating more and training my *kitten* off.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Denial, overeating. I count calories now!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Eating too much. Plain and simple.
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Eating too much, drinking lots and absolutely zero exercise. I guess lack of awareness of how much carb/sugar were in certain foods too.

Now ive changedwhat I eat most of the time, and I drink less frequently. Biggest change is a lot of exercise, though; and food awareness - so when I do have a crazy night, I know what the damage is, and what to do to fix it
  • Amberider
    Amberider Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How did i get to 204 lbs? I Love wine and ice cream.. I was addicted to sugar. Went cold turkey. I started with the Dr. Oz 2 day detox. It was hard but after 2 weeks of healthy eating I started to feel better. My daughter and granddaughter are a great inspiration. I want to be around for them so I look at this process as healthy eating, not a diet. There are certain foods I don't eat and that has made the weight drop faster. I average 2 lbs a week. I have learned its not just calories. I don't eat "white food" (pasta, breads, potatoes) artificial sweeteners, corn, soy or gluten. Its not as hard as it sounds. And I have become a fruit lover. I have always loved veggies but fruit...not so much. I have fresh fruit for dessert and it actually satisfies me. The payoff? Feeling better, (big time) knowing I am doing something about my weight and not just complaining about it. I am tired of being a frumpy
    grandmother. I just keep focused and remember how good I feel when I look good.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I ate too much. There was some depression in there, but eating too much is what made me fat. Now I try to eat less. I also move a little more than I used to.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    In for all the excuses, for me it was over consumption of calories

It's possible to discuss reasons and challenges without it being a matter of making excuses.
    Explaining why is not necessarily the same thing as absolving oneself of fault, and understanding circumstances that you find challenging can help you change your behavior.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Eating at a calorie surplus made me fat. I'm overcoming it by eating at a calorie deficit.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy. I've always been small but after I had my first, I hung onto an extra 20 pounds. I also started a desk job that year and had to tackle motherhood, homeownership, and a lot of life changes. Somehow I got it into my head that if I looked wonderful, it meant that I was a selfish mom (I think my mom instilled this in me) so I let myself go.

It took me a while, but I lost weight from my first, and then I got pregnant again. My baby is 6 months old, but I am paying more attention to my health this time around.
  • farmer50340
    farmer50340 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I made me fat. My decision to eat junk for years while watching television and playing video games.

I'm not eating as much junk, I stopped playing video games, and I get my butt outside and move. I walk places instead of driving. If we want an ice cream cone, we walk the 1.6 mile round trip to get it, etc...
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I ate too much while moving too little. I now eat less while moving more.

Yeppers