How long has it been since you've had fast food?

Options

Replies

• kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    It depends what you consider "fast food" to be. I grab a quick lunch around my office about once a week or two. Every few weeks I go out for a burger and fries at a local burger place. I had some fantastic boudin balls and gumbo at a little lunch spot in Louisiana a couple months ago. Order in delivery once or twice a month, usually of an Asian variety. The last time I was at a McDonalds/Burger King/KFC type place was about 6 weeks ago - Wendy's frosty. But I have a feeling that some Sonic tots and a limeade are in my not-too-distant future :love:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Subway is definitely fast food in my opinion. Go get a meatball sub with cheese, or a philly steak sub with cheese and mayo and it's every bit as unhealthy as I can eat at Wendy's.

This is a really stupid argument, as it implies that anytime you don't eat out, you are eating healthy.

Of course you CAN eat unhealthy at Subway. You can ALSO eat unhealthy by cooking your own food.

Even with that definition - I think talking about the global term "fast food" is idiotic and legalistic. The question should just be "when was the last time you ate unhealthy".

I think trying to define "fast food" by health factors is a stupid argument. Fast food is food that you order and get quickly. Even if they were exactly the same in content, a hamburger and fries at McD or Burger King is fast food, while a hamburger and fries ordered and eaten at a steak house is not.

"Fast" is what separates them. Not nutritional content.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I had a McD's yogurt parfait this morning with black coffee. I meet a friend in a local McDonald's once a week or so to do some work together and feel obligated to buy something since I'm taking up space. Other than that, I stopped buying fast food in March and don't intend to buy it again any time soon -- the thought grosses me out.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Maybe a taco or two from taco bell 3 or 4 months ago. Last week I had some Mcdonalds French Fries only thing I will eat there usually just eat what my kids dont. I dont count that as eating fast food as I just indulge in a few.
  • ashleymcn01
    ashleymcn01 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I had a McDonald's hamburger and Medium fries just last night and it was sooooo dang good!!!!
  • gensteele1
    gensteele1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Our office orders take-out type food everyday, however, I only indulge in the healthier options; salads, steamed chicken and vegetables and sandwiches on whole-grain w/o fries, etc. Therefore, I don't really consider any of this eating "fast-food". IN that case, its been about 2 months. My hubby is jonesing for the good (bad) stuff, so I let him indulge on occasion. I however, seem to have lost the zen or craving for it. Go me! Don't get me wrong, there will come a time when the craving will hit and it will need to be satisfied. I intend on dealing with that obstacle when it arises.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Subway is definitely fast food in my opinion. Go get a meatball sub with cheese, or a philly steak sub with cheese and mayo and it's every bit as unhealthy as I can eat at Wendy's.

This is a really stupid argument, as it implies that anytime you don't eat out, you are eating healthy.

Of course you CAN eat unhealthy at Subway. You can ALSO eat unhealthy by cooking your own food.

Even with that definition - I think talking about the global term "fast food" is idiotic and legalistic. The question should just be "when was the last time you ate unhealthy".

I think trying to define "fast food" by health factors is a stupid argument. Fast food is food that you order and get quickly. Even if they were exactly the same in content, a hamburger and fries at McD or Burger King is fast food, while a hamburger and fries ordered and eaten at a steak house is not.

So if I have one fast food dinner a day loaded with fat and cheese and it fits in my intake goals is that really unhealthy? I will have ice cream (very unhealthy) several times a week but I stay within my goals. So in that case is fast food or ice cream really unhealthy????

I will admit if I eat like this everyday 2 or 3 times a day it is unhealthy but is the meal itself really unhealthy?
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I have it every now and then, like my last one was probably KFC which was about two or three days ago. I just fit it within my calorie intake and macros. No biggie.

Edit to add: I LOVE YOUR HAIR COLOR(s)!! I always wanted to sport that kinda do.
  • CALABRESE3
    CALABRESE3 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have it whenever I want it BUT I figure in the calories and exercise a lot on those days:) I really do not deprive myself, I just figure out how to make it work:)
  • weightwatcher_girl
    weightwatcher_girl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    About 2 hours ago. Had a delicious McDonalds, but this is the first time in a while. I don't have any problem with fast food, and think, like all things, that it's fine in moderation
  • grampajimmy
    Options
    If we have take out, it's usually Pizza from one of the local Pizzeria's in the area. I don't consider that fast food, I also like a subway low cal 6" sandwich from time to time. I do not consider that fast food either.I did have a breakdown last month and stopped at Mickey D's for some salted road kill, while on a over the road delivery. I paid dearly for it too. I do consider that and any of the Burger joints fast food! I also log it all!
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I had a salad from Amigo's on Wed. My daughter plays softball on Wed. and by the time I get off work, pick up my son, I'm already running late for her game. Then Wed. is also zumba night for me so I'm not home until 8:30. The kids see fast food as something special since they don't get it often, so they get a treat and I don't have to do dishes.
  • bcattoes
    Options

So if I have one fast food dinner a day loaded with fat and cheese and it fits in my intake goals is that really unhealthy? I will have ice cream (very unhealthy) several times a week but I stay within my goals. So in that case is fast food or ice cream really unhealthy????

I will admit if I eat like this everyday 2 or 3 times a day it is unhealthy but is the meal itself really unhealthy?

Why is ice cream "very unhealthy". I don't know if there is an official definition of "healthy food" or "healthy diet" Personally, I'd define a "healthy diet" as diet that keeps you healthy, and "healthy food" as foods that are eaten specifically for nutrients to keep the body healthy. (disclaimer: I have no authority to make official definitions of terms).

But none of that has anything to do with fast food.

But you just made me remember that I had a peanut butter milkshake from Dairy Queen last month. So, I that was the last fast food I ate.
  • TheShrinkingKween
    TheShrinkingKween Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this counts, but every 2-3 weeks I take my kids to the drive-in movies and I eat hot dogs and fries there. I also occasionally have a hankering and grab a little cheeseburger and small fries from McD's. I always work it off, and even if it doesn't fit my calories and such for the day, it always balances out for the week.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I had a yakdonalds on holiday 5 weeks ago. It lived up to its name and I shall probably never eat one again.

When I read posts like this, the first thought I have is that it was probably due to a higher fat content than you consume in your normal diet...

...which leads me to ask if you are consuming enough fat in your diet?

(And no, I am not saying that eating more McDonald's is a way that you should get that fat...just that this incident may be indicative of a different problem.)
  • bcattoes
    Options
    "a delicious McDonalds"

= oxymoron (IMO, of course)
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Fast food disgusts me :sick: Honestly, I don't remember the last time I ate it.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking Chinese tonight. Sesame chicken, with a nice big scoop of rice, omnomnomnom.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Roughly 2hrs.
  • nicolen160
    nicolen160 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    about 2 hours ago, I eat lunch out with my co workers every Friday. :)