Fit For Future Families

Options

Replies

• fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day today and I'm back under 253 (252.9 to be exact). Basically almost where I was two weeks ago. Think it's primarily hormone related since I'm not doing anything different other than taking the Provera....

My health goal this week is to do something for 30 minutes every night in the garden....it's getting to that time of year that it needs a little something extra, so it's perfect timing. I want to get my back strong enough to actually help with shovelling this year :)
  • chelleim
    chelleim Posts: 78
    Options
    SW: 277
    LW: 262
    CW:261

I increased my wanted weight loss which decreased my calories. I have been exercising 6-7 days a week now for 3 weeks. I think my body was kind of shocked with the lowering of calories. I had a couple of higher days this weekend since the scale was showing weight gain in stead of loss. I figured my body was holding on to stuff and it turned out I was correct because this morning I am down again!

This week I am going to start going back to work again. I also started an online Masters degree so I am going to be terribly busy. My main goal is going to be juggline all of my committments and sticking with what I have already started. Mainly continuing the exercise, water intake and cooking at home.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    SW: 204
    LW: 167
    CW: 166.5

Only down half a pound this week, but considering I wasn’t able to exercise most of the week and the massive amounts of chocolate I ate over the weekend – I’m happy. My goal this week is to do some type of exercise every day. Hopefully I won’t get sick again and I’ll be able to follow through with it this time.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    LW: 153
    CW: 152.6

Sadly, slightly less than a half pound loss this week.... still, movement in the right direction.... and between moving and school starting this week, I'm hoping the chaos is abnormal.... and yoga starts up again today!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Weird, it wouldn't let me update my last post :ohwell:

Here are my weekly stats:
    SW = 268.6
    Week 1 Weight = 262.4 (- 6.2 lbs)
    Week 2 Weight = 260.1 (-2.3 lbs)
    Week 3 Weight = 257.5 (-2.6 lbs)
    Week 4 Weight = 255.1 (-2.4 lbs)
    Week 5 Weight = 255.1 (0.0 lbs)
    Week 6 Weight = 252.9 (-2.2 lbs)

YAY though, for those that weighed in today. You're going the right way!!!
  • higher_miles
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I would *love* to join this group. I'm 26 years old and my husband is currently deployed to Iraq but we want to start TTC once he gets back in January. Well, maybe a few months after that but sometime in 2011 for sure. Here's a little about me. I'm 5'8 and a few years ago I hit my all-time high of 233lbs. I ended up getting down to 150lbs in about a 9month period and ended up gaining some of it back. I now sit at 159.6lbs as of this morning. My goal is somewhere between 145 and 150lbs before getting pregnant.

I hope everyone had a good weekend :smile:
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies. Congrats on all the weight lost and other good things. Well, I had what I am calling my "glutunous weekend". I had my family reunion and ate a ton then just carried that on through to Sunday with an Asian bufffett!! So, here are my very poor stats!!!! :frown:
    LW: 140
    CW: 144 :mad:
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    welcome higher_miles.
    thanks everyone for the great advice on the BCP. I guess I'll just have to figure out if we are ok with stopping the BCP a few months before we are ready to TTC and praying.
    Has anyone eaten/tried any of Angela's suggestions for fertility in the Pregnancy topic?
  • Hopeful4757
    Options
    Welcome to the newcomers. I am soooo glad I weigh in on Fridays because I was bad this weekend too. I am probably right there with you Mellie. I went to a bachelorette pasrty and drank and ate all poor choices. :frown:
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Late check-in:
    LW: 219
    CW: 218.6

Now - after the honeymoon (we leave tomorrow) I''m sure I'll have gained a little, BUT heck - whatever.

So the wedding - it was perfect - I will add some pics soon - I thought you might get a kick out of the one of me on a chair. So my last name is now Webber! How weird that seems to me!

So happy! :heart:
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Jalara: Congratulations! You look beautiful in your dress!
    Mellie: Your stats probably isn't that bad, probably just a lot of sodium intake.

I had to go back and search my previous weight, because I weigh in on a different day due to my crazy work week.

LW: 150.5
    CW: 147.4 (8/19) unofficial weight 146.3, when I weigh in on Thursday, that will be my official weight.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Congrats Jalara-that is a funny pic!! Have fun on your honeymoon!! Thanks for all the support, I do hope this is not a "real" 4 pound gain!! I have been pretty good so far this week!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Well I have made it 36 hours without any Soda...big accomplishment for me. I didn't post yesterday, but I was up 1 lb last week. I have gained and lost this same 1 lb for about 2 months now.

Still no AF, it is day 30. I have been having serious cramps for about a week now though and have been very angry lately...so I am sure it is on its way.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    So the wedding - it was perfect - I will add some pics soon - I thought you might get a kick out of the one of me on a chair. So my last name is now Webber! How weird that seems to me!

LOL - it's even better now that I see the chair... I didn't notice it at first and even had to go back to check it out when you mentioned this (thought there was another photo).

Have a great time on the island, Mrs. Webber!
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

Sounds like everyone had a pretty good weekend. I took the day off yesterday so I didn't weigh in till this am. This is my fertile week so the hubby and i have been doing the baby dance, so I'll keep you all posted.

SW: 192
    CW: 177 I'm back down to my lowest this week I had gone bk up to 180 :)
    GW: 150 depends if the baby dance worked or not ;)

Jalara: Congrats! Have fun on your honeymoon!!!

tahmed: Great job on cutting soda. I think I will make that my goal for this week I've noticed that if I have water and some of those on the go crystal light packets I don't really care for soda. Thought that might help you too. :)
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I found this forum while following the pregnancy forum as well. My husband and I have been married for 6months but have been together for 3 years. We have one child (he will be 5 in 2 weeks!!!). He is not my husband's biologically but is the only father my son has ever known. I have 9 lbs to go to get to goal! I'm already at the lowest weight that i have been since I had my son, but my goal is to get to Pre-pregnancy weight before I get pregnant again, have a healthy pregnancy, and get back to pre-pregnancy weight faster than 5 years!
    We have decided to start TTC around Christmas. We decided to hold off until then because my husband is in the military (we had a lot fun trying to plan children around the Navy's schedule....ugh!) and he will be leaving in Late Jan/ Early Feb for a 7mo deployment. Once he comes home he'll be home for close to 2 years before he'll have to do another long deployment like that so we figured the best thing would be for me to be pregnant while he's gone and PRAY that we get the timing JUST right so that i'm 8months-9months pregnant when he gets home and he'll be there for the birth thru age 18mo/24mo....If we don't get pregnant right away during our brief 6 week window over the holidays then i'll try to visit him at one of the ports and try again...Well so anyway! That's my story! I'm really excited that my hub is excited (he always jokes that our son is more than enough...) I'm excited to start this new journey in our life!

SW: 144
    CW:139
    GW: 130
  • kt4au
    kt4au Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to have found this message board today! My husband and I have been not preventing since Feb 2009 and been seriously trying since Feb 2010. I just finished my 6th cycle of Clomid so hopefully it will work this month. I want to loose some weight before we get pregnant but the Clomid is not making it easier because I am starving all the time. MFP is amazing in helping me keep track with the food I eat and my exercises.

Just wanted to wish all those TTC good luck!
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    wow, more new comers every day...welcome all!

I had a not so great weekend along with the rest of the group, I guess it was more of a party weekend for some reason. Now, I'm trying to kick it all out of my body. Do you have a preference on green tea or water when trying to lose that extra water weight? Or are they both the same to you?
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I do tea in the morning (kicked coffee bc i like my coffee with LOTS of creamer and wasn't willing to sacrafice food calories on a cup of coffee) and then keep a jug/water bottle at my desk that i refill. Sometimes i'll throw a crystal light packet in the water bottle to break it up a little. I know i'm doing good when i have to pee every other hour at work!
  • kmcclain77
    Options
    I'm excited to join this group! My husband and I will celebrate our 2nd anniversary in early October :) and are talking about TTC soon. I want to be healthy and fit to have a great pregnancy.
    SW: 145
    CW: 144
    GW: 125 (ideally before pregnancy)
    MGs:
    #1: 140 by 9/11
    #2: 135 by 10/10
    #3: 130 by Thanksgiving
    #4: 125 by New Year's Eve (that is, unless we conceive before then! :)