Could not believe what my sister did...

Options

Replies

• SusanB148
    SusanB148 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If the jar has not been opened, donate it to a food bank!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I give up! No keeping the peace here... no fostering of sibling relationships here.

Yes, OP... go ahead and get rid of your sister's food since you have a problem with it. That will really help you with your relationship with your sister and your relationship with food. [/sarcasm]

I expect you will be posting a thread next month about apartment-hunting.
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    All this agitation over a JAR OF PEANUT BUTTER. Quoting Abraham Lincoln, "First world problems, yo."
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    You know you shouldn't insult her over being upset about this. Dieting is a struggle and we have no idea what other issues or stresses could be happening in her life. The peanut butter issue, after having just discussed it with someone who should be supporting her, could have just been the straw that broke the camel's back. I would just throw that whole damn jar out and say if you can't respect my journey right now then I will fix the problem myself.
  • latinpr
    latinpr Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately you can't control what other people do. It's all on you. I have the same issue. Out of a household of 4 people I'm the only one who decided to eat clean (again) and I'm surrounded by fried food, pasta, rice (every day), cookies, and chips. The chips are mine but I eat it sparingly. I am a sugar addict and normally would eat half a bag of chips ahoy or oreos in one sitting.

You know what gets me through not eating it... guilt. My persistence to stay on my diet and clean myself up far outweights the 10 minute happiness then hours of guilt for eating cookies. I don't like making myself feel guilty. So in the end, the avoidance of self-guilt outweights my craving for cookies.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    It's just super annoying that I know for a fact she doesn't like it, and probably won't eat it. I don't plan on eating it, but knowing it's there is just taunting me:(

Tell her that if she wants PB, to please keep it in her room. Otherwise, she risks you eating it all up! (And then if she doesn't, maybe hide it somewhere and when she asks, tell her you warned her that you can't stay away from it and "so sorry" but it's gone … let her think you gobbled it down). If she really wants PB then she'll learn to keep it out of your sight, and if she's just trying to sabotage you, and puts another jar in the cupboard, donate it to the food pantry before it's opened. Keep doing that.

OK, yep, I'm mean. But I've been around enough manipulative people. This gives her a chance, if she really wants to have PB available, to have it for her, but where it isn't taunting you. And it calls her on her crap if she's just trying to make it hard on you.
  • Naywifey07
    Naywifey07 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I know that it is tempting but just try your best to stay away from it...... I mean in reality I think if you want better you would do better... For example, I love water but may have a soda every once and a while. My Wife hates water , but only drinks pop. We have a personal refrigerator stocked full of soda in our bedroom... The point is if you see yourself making progress well keep going. You can overcome your food triggers. Its not that easy but you can try!!!!:wink:
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Pee in it so you won't eat it. She "hates" it so won't eat it, and if she does to spite you, well -- that's her problem lol
  • sarahxcx
    sarahxcx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You could maybe ask her why she bought it if she does not like it?
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Throw the damn jar out!
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I would toss it in the trash and if she bought more, I'd toss it in the trash again. Yep, it's a waste of money....so if you don't want to trash it, give it away to a local food bank, to a friend, to a neighbor.
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    My brother seems to do the same kind of thing to me all the time. Though I know, for him, it's mostly not out of meanness.
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Pour tons of salt in it to make it taste nasty so she cant eat it and u wont want to eat it. Cant do much about her jealousy tho. But since she is sabotaging u then sabotage her food. Lol

This! If she is so cruel then be cruel right back. Haha! I would put something in it that she wouldn't suspect.
  • ctinawilson
    ctinawilson Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD. I am the same way with peanut butter!! lol
    But yes, I can see how it's incredibly frustrating to have someone do that to you.. to intentionally set you up for failure like that... smh
    Of course, the best thing you can do is prove to her how much of a strong-willed person you are. Completely unshakable!
    As Frank Sinatra once said, the best revenge is massive success (:

The girl's got it in one... THIS!!! Good luck!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    How about if you react like an adult and label her peanut butter as hers and ignore it's existence? It's not yours. You didn't buy it. Soon your sister will see that she can't get a rise out of you over it and she'll hopefully give up.
  • Crzymommyof2
    Options
    I think she may be trying to test you but getting upset will not do any good, Just nicely ask her to hide it from you and then both parties will be happy! :) I also love peanut butter.. too bad its sooo many calories.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    How about if you react like an adult and label her peanut butter as hers and ignore it's existence? It's not yours. You didn't buy it. Soon your sister will see that she can't get a rise out of you over it and she'll hopefully give up.

THANK YOU! I'm so glad somebody in this thread agrees with me.
    727210 Posts: 7
    Options
    She is sabotaging you! No doubt about it. I agree with UsedToBeHusky. Label it as hers. Don't worry, she won't eat it in front of you, she doesn't really like it. Use this as a motivation to show her she can't trip you up.
  • Nina1007
    Nina1007 Posts: 150
    Options
    I think your sister deserves a beat down. She doesn't like pb but buys it anyway knowing your weakness. Bisch! HOWEVER, I also think you need to be the better person, be stronger then the pb, and let it go.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I am always amazed at the amount of personal power some people are so willing to give away to others.