21 day Challenge - JOIN IN

Options

Replies

• jezy_jass
    jezy_jass Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    stomach still not right, but did manage to make it to bocce last night!! that counts right?!? = day 16 (6/25)

day 17, 6/26 = zumba after work (45-60 mins) & HAVE to do nike trainer when i get home!

Happy Hump Day y'all!!! :flowerforyou: Keep up all your amazing work!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Round 3 day 6 -- could have easily skipped today, but I felt so good when I got done with the Doc's I went to the gym and did 32 mins of C25K.

Everyone, keep up your hard efforts because they really do payoff. It may not manifest itself in quick weight loss, but don't give up because you are changing your body and it's functions for the better. I have been on blood pressure meds since my 20's and today for the very first time there was discussion of possibly getting off or even lowering the doses. Not upping them. I could have hugged my doc. She was very impressed with my numbers today and with the changes I have made. I haven't lost a whole lot of weight, it is coming of very slow. But my main concern when I started this was to be healthy. And that I have. Yes, I still have a way to go, but I am on the right track.

So, congrats to each and everyone of you on here who have taken the challenge on to be healthy, eat right and exercise. I applaud each and everyone of you.

@ etaylor - Congrats on such a great report!

Your words are very encouraging for us all - thanks for that!
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Round 4, day 3

Was supposed to be a gym day, but the abuse I've been putting myself through finally caught up and knocked me over the head with the proverbial club. Almost couldn't crawl out of bed this morning due to the super stiff arms and complaining abs. So, I listened and took the day off. Will push back into the schedule tomorrow with today's weights, instead of the marathon swim. ::Grins:: I love the fact that the gym is open 7 days - lets me get away with it.

@ tazmac

Great day for your day 6! Looks like you should have one of the cleanest cars/houses on the block! Probably don't need to remind you about making sure to get your water. Especially on muggy days - they are deceptive!

@ etaylor

Wonderful news that your checkup went so well! You are doing fantastic, and it is starting to pay you back in major health dividends! Keep it going.

@ Lilloise

Walks count too! If they didn't, then I think most of us who are in the "oops, I'm a BIG person" category would be in dire trouble. They can be quite refreshing, fun, and give a chance to stop and smell the roses when you wander past some of nature's beauty.

@ jezy

The fact you keep pushing despite not feeling at the top of your game is phenomenal news! Great attitude to have - just try not to over do it. Don't need you to go down with something nasty, or a relapse of what ever ambushed you in the first place. Steady is the key, and you've got that in spades! Keep going!
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Round 3 day 7 -- 2.3 mile brisk walk tonight. Had too many things going on to get to the gym, but was able to fit something in.
  • bjune5
    bjune5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Day 16: Get Results Cardio Class.
    I'm really getting the hang of this class. I was able to keep up so much better this time.
    Spent this past weekend at Ocean City for my son's basketball tournament. They won!
    And I got a day of beach time.

kcaffee1: Yes please post the site on calories burned examples. Thanks!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    @ etaylor

Great walk - You are making some major strides cementing the habit of movement into your life. Keep it going!

@ bjune

Congrats to your son and his team! And, big congratulations for hanging in there on the class - I don't participate myself due to the times they are offered (right over the family dinner around here), but I remember the day I was able to keep up with the kinect zumba. It's a real thrill, and one you can celebrate with a HUGE glass of water/tea/lemonade.

The site I use for the zumba, swim, running is:

http://caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/

Just click on which ever button you are wanting to check, and enter the information.

Round 4, day 4

Back in the weight room for a day of focusing on the core. (But, why do I feel it in my shoulders, legs, and back instead?) 90 minutes working with the weights, with a 14 minute warm up on the elliptical. Decided to fore go the swim on weight days for the moment. Don't want to wind up pinned to the bed because I'm so stiff and sore I can't move again. Will work towards being able to incorporate both again as soon as I've got the weights set for the new routine.

HRM pedometer reports .42 mi in 13 minutes, so I wasn't too active outside of the gym today.
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    Round 3 day 8 -- back to the greenbelt for some C25K. Week 4 is kicking my but. I also won 2 entries into the Nightlite Dash tomorrow night in Driggs, ID. I am gonna have so much fun. It is a non-timed event done at night with neon lights, colors, glow everything. Party time in Driggs.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 4 - DAY 7 - 26 June

1 hour of house cleaning.... then add some time for cooking up a delicious turkey veggie soup!

Round 4 - DAY 8 - 27 June

30 min of house cleaning .... not much on the go today - but some moving....

Round 4 - DAY 9 - 28 June

Great walk and catch up visit with a friend I hadn't seen for several years. Rainy walk @ Shubie Park

GPS data: 3.09 miles ** 4.97 kilometres // 62 minutes // 280 cal // 2.9 pace

I like when my effort is specific towards fitness - however, I know / believe that as long as I'm not a couch-potatoe - that all efforts are better than no effort!

:flowerforyou:
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    Round 4 - DAY 7 - 26 June

1 hour of house cleaning.... then add some time for cooking up a delicious turkey veggie soup!

Round 4 - DAY 8 - 27 June

30 min of house cleaning .... not much on the go today - but some moving....

Round 4 - DAY 9 - 28 June

Great walk and catch up visit with a friend I hadn't seen for several years. Rainy walk @ Shubie Park

GPS data: 3.09 miles ** 4.97 kilometres // 62 minutes // 280 cal // 2.9 pace

I like when my effort is specific towards fitness - however, I know / believe that as long as I'm not a couch-potatoe - that all efforts are better than no effort!

You got that right. Everytime you make the choice to move rather than sit. You are doing great. keep it up.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 4, day 6

Lost my argument with myself about actually getting out of the house. Still was active, just not specifically for exercise or activity. But, have to get the house chores done SOMETIME, right?

@ tazmac

Totally agree about moving being better than becoming a spud. You have been doing great, and I know it won't be long before you kick things back into high gear.

@ etaylor

That nightlight dash sounds fun. Let us know how you did!
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    round 3 day 9 -- the Nightlite Dash was a blast. Glow sticks everywhere. Neon clothes, glowing jewelry all kinds of stuff. Had a blast. Because it was a non timed event, I stayed with my friend who went with me and we finished in about 50 mins. It was a lot of fun. I volunteered to work the one that is coming to Idaho Falls, because I am to poor to pay the entry fee. It will be fun.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 4 null day for me.

Woke up with every intention of hitting the gym - first to swim (missed the pool hours) then to pick up things and put them down (nice dream!) but actually did nothing. At least nothing active - read for fun, read for home work, and read the MFP forums. If anyone wants, I've got a nice barrel of 2x4's for you to borrow, so as to hit me upside the head. The weather is even nice, and THAT couldn't lure me out of the house. I can't tell if it's mental burn out, or if this is just a breather/holding pattern before I jump back in with both feet again.

@ etaylor

That dash sounds like an absolute blast! Glad you had fun! Keep up the great work.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Yup, start of round 4 was a flat bust. Restart tomorrow, and I'll see if I can't get back on the wagon again. Think I'm going to have to hide my reader and books.
  • ellen_kay
    Options
    Round 3 day 10 -- What was I thinking????? 97-99 degrees and I go walking for 2.5 miles I was absolutely drenched when I finished.

Round 3 day 11 -- Was gonna be a total slug today and do nothing. But I just couldn't do it. Got off my but and walked for 1.5 miles.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 4 - DAY 10 - 30 June 2013

approx. 30 - 45 min walking / touring around.... visited two Vineyards today as well as strolled around a couple of quaint towns along the ocean... lovely day

Round 4 - DAY 11 - 01 July 2013

Today is Canada Day... and a day off work to celebrate and be proud!!

We strolled around Fisherman's Cove today along the little shops and the wharf... and enjoyed a lovely meal.

Before that - got in a lovely 57 minute walk

Great Canada Day Walk - GPS data - 2.93 miles // 4.72 kilometres *** 57 minutes *** 295 calories *** 3.1 pace

Keeping it moving!!

• Trishajac
    Options
    Yup, start of round 4 was a flat bust. Restart tomorrow, and I'll see if I can't get back on the wagon again. Think I'm going to have to hide my reader and books.

Hey Kcaffee....

give yourself a break (hmmmm - think I recall you giving me the same sort of advice...) ..... you are doing so well, with great variety! Your weight loss continues - and you are doing awesome with that!!! so - you may just need to read that book.... and then kick it up a notch again!

Wishing you the outcome you hope for!

Trish
  • Trishajac
    Options
    @ etaylor

Good work on your Round 3 days 8, 9, 10 and 11

C25k, Nightlite Dash and lots of walking.....

The dash sounded like fun... and good for you with the walking in the heat (also had a day like that!!) DRENCHED is right! ... and a slow day with 1.5 mile... that doesn't sound too slow to me!

Great going.....

Trish
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Shout out to Lilloise and jezy_jass and bjune5

Wondering how your are doing on your challenges?

Looking forward to your posts!

• ellen_kay
    Options
    Round 3 day 12 -- went to the gym, left the gym. Forgot to put sports bra in gym bag :cry: If I had a different workout shirt I would have stayed because it was strength training day. But I had a t-back shirt. Wouldn't have looked to classy with my regular bra. So I came home a mowed the lawn. Which I had planned on doing anyways, just didn't get that extra umph in there today. Sports bra is in gym bag.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    @ etaylor

I think I joined your club today! Shadowed today, so was expecting a TON more walking than I got, then went to the gym. Left said gym ticked as blazes, but I didn't manage to get anything else done. When my temper sparks, I'm not good for anything. Will go back tomorrow, and just ignore the front desk, except to badge in. (Friggin job I'd been promised fell through, and no one bothered to tell me about the situation, so I've been bypassing too many of the other summer work-study jobs, now I'm not sure I can get one before Fall semester starts. ::Growls:: Friggin hypocrites!)

@ tazmac

If I'd only blown the restart ONE day, I could be a little lenient, but dropping plans two days in a row in order to be lazy won't cut it for me. That just sets up a NASTY procrastination cycle I have a very hard time breaking out of again.

Round 4 restart:

HRM pedometer reports 27 minutes total activity today, but I'm not sure if it's right or not. Just don't have any other way of seeing if I actually were moving around.