Does milk count as water?

Options
Can I count a glass of milk as one of my 8 glasses of water for the day?

Replies

• jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    In one word: No. Water is water. Not coffee, not tea, not sugar free or sugar-ful drinks. Water. And really, once you get used to drinking a lot of it, you will grow to need and want it and it will not be a chore. Promise
  • shmary51
    shmary51 Posts: 3
    Options
    Sorry only water counts as water :)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Yes of course you can. Food counts for about 20% of our needs as well.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Water = H2O
  • iMPiP
    iMPiP Posts: 4
    Options
    Facepalm
  • djwashburn
    Options
    My dietician says "NO!" I asked her the same question and she was adamant about this.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    No! Also if you drink a glass of water and then have an espresso that doesn't count either. It's coffee.

Milk is 85% - 90% water, so yes.
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    Absolutely not. Nothing is as pure as water. Hate water like I do? I add in oranges, lemons, limes, and strawberries :)
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Whether milk is a lot of water or not, you need to get in the habit of drinking plain water, because milk is still calories. Don't let your brain cheat by thinking anything is water but water. Take the suggestions from other people on how to flavor your water, but be mindful of how and what you are adding.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    a) You don't need 8 glasses of water a day,

b) You need to consume enough FLUIDS to keep your body hydrated.

c) If your urine is pale yellow you are hydrated.

d) Any kind of liquid will hydrate your body. Coffee, tea, milk, juice, soda, soups, etc. An apple is 85% water.

e) There is no proof that drinking large amounts of water has any effect on weight loss beyond making you feel full.
  • leslie_garcia
    leslie_garcia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Very TRUE!!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Cooked ground beef is ~60% water, so.. doesn't matter. Why not use the water tracker to track water?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    some women struggle to drink water.

women-struggling-to-drink-water-thumb-620x250.jpg
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I drink hot tea,
    Start off with a single serving bag and just continuously fill it throughout the day. I think tea can count as water unless you're having sweet tea with a lb of sugar in it or something equivalent.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Can I still count this as 16 oz if it doesn't hit my mouth?

shutterstock_47151577-640x453.jpg
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My dietician says "NO!" I asked her the same question and she was adamant about this.

That's weird because my dietician says I should try to drink as much water as possible but to also log anything else I drink except for alcohol and non-diet soda as water.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Yes. Just make sure to log it in your food diary as well (for the calories and other sundries).
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    If it has water in it, yes.

So yes, coffee, tea, crystal light mixtures, koolaide, etc counts as water. Just because you mix something with it doesn't magically change it.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Do cookies count as water? I hope so. Then cookies and milk would count as TWO waters.
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    Dehydrated water counts.