Does milk count as water?

Options

Replies

• DaveFassett
    DaveFassett Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Cut that out and you might increase the weight loss. Studies have shown that regular pop drinkers tend to be obese.
    Correlation =/= causation.

I see a lot of obese people using cardio equipment in the gym also; therefore, using cardio equipment makes you obese.

Right?

Wait, so if obese people are in the gym... wouldn't that mean that just GOING to a gym would make you obese??? Avoid Gyms!
  • Corinne_Howland
    Corinne_Howland Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Would you take a bath in it?
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    No. Waffle is correct. If it comes in a can and it is not coffee or beer, it is a coke (with a lowercase "c"), which may then be specified as to its flavor, sugar content, and caffeine content (e.g. "Want a coke?" "What kind you got?" "Caffeine Free Diet Dr Pepper." "Sure, rock on!"). And it counts as water.

If it didn't keep you hydrated, I'd have died years and years ago.
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    BTW, H*LLS YA it is POP.

And really, good for all of you who are drinking pop and juice and losing weight. Frankly, I am jealous (as well as think that is a waste of precious calories, but who am I). But after thinking it over, I drink wine and vodka and lose weight...I just don't count those towards my daily water. In fact, I increase it because of the effect of ETOH.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    It's utterly amazing that something as simple and basic as hydration can be so myth-ridden and misunderstood.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Do cookies count as water? I hope so. Then cookies and milk would count as TWO waters.

Depends on the cookie. If you can find a cookie that is 10% water, then all you need to do is eat 80 oz and BOOM cuppawata.

I love this.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    It's utterly amazing that something as simple and basic as hydration can be so myth-ridden and misunderstood.

tumblr_inline_mgatnbsy7A1qmt2td.gif
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    vpezi9.gif
  • sympha01
    Options
    Seriously, come on! Your body needs water like you need air. You can survive for days without food but try going without water for 2 and you will see the response your body will give you. I consume 8-10 litres of water a day which is about 40 glasses. That might seems a lot but consider this: its better to have a hydrated body and dehydrated especially when training fasted after 20 hour fast.
    I stopped drinking milk 12 years ago, do some research on milk and you will understand why especially any milk from the US, UK hence why I supplement my nutrition with calcium.
    Cheers
    Sergio

I could drink nothing but milk for a month and never be dehydrated in the least. Also, I would get lots of good protein, calcium, fat and a plethora of other great things. I produce plenty of natural lactase so I have no issues with milk.

Do some research before making a statement like that:
    So why is milk so bad? According to Vivian Goldschmidt, founder of Save Our Bones, there are a variety of myths surrounding milk consumption. One of the first myths, she says, is that drinking milk creates healthy bones because of the calcium found in the milk. However, the animal protein found in milk actually depletes the human body of calcium, exactly the opposite of what milk drinkers expect it to do.

In much the same way, she also dispels another milk myth, that drinking milk will help reduce bone fractures. She cites sources that show that higher milk consumption can actually be linked with an increase in bone fractures. Further, she also states that milk is a "processed food." Milk is pasteurized and homogenized, and the cows that produce the milk are given hormones and antibiotics (which, of course, wind up in the milk). Goldschmidt then links hormonal additives to cancer.

Ultimately, Cohen, Goldschmidt and hundreds of others want Americans (and, in fact, every human being on the planet) to get this message: Say 'No' to Milk!

Sources:
    http://www.llli.org/FAQ/bflength.html
    http://www.notmilk.com/
    http://saveourbones.com/osteoporosis-milk-myth/

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/031255_milk_health.html#ixzz2XorPZUlH

you know who else didn't drink milk?...

Hitler.

Hitler didn't drink milk.

congratulations, you and Hitler have something in common.

Nice application of Godwin's Law! Now, we just need somebody to Rule 34 this sucker.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    If only pure water counted as water I would have died of thirst a long time ago. I think I went for a month one time without drinking any liquid other than mountain dew.

Water has the bonus of being calorie-free, but everything else absolutely counts to hydrate you
  • luulu1999
    luulu1999 Posts: 119
    Options
    Do cookies count as water? I hope so. Then cookies and milk would count as TWO waters.

hahahaha:laugh:
  • sympha01
    Options
    By the way, for what it's worth, I'm in the "anything with water in it 'counts' as water, if you're going to be silly and 'count' water at all" club. If you are dehydrated, you will know it because your pee will be brown and smell funny. Drink H2O based fluids (i.e., not alcohol, not gasoline or jet fuel etc., but everything else) until your pee is light in color or colorless at all times except maybe first thing in the morning. And if you're getting your fluids from juice, beer, sugary soft drinks, or dairy, there are calories in that stuff yo, and calories always count as calories even when they're wet.

There's no reason to make it complicated with "toxins" and magic and claim it's science with a "BECAUSE I READ IT ON THE INTERNET FROM AN UNQUALIFIED SELF-PROCLAIMED EXPERT WITH AN AXE TO GRIND THAT MAKES ME AN EXPERT TOO NOW AND I AM WICKED SMAHHHHT" attitude.

Cranks gonna crank.
  • smmorri
    smmorri Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Can I count a glass of milk as one of my 8 glasses of water for the day?

Personally, It really depends on what your goals are. Is your goal to gain weight? Lose weight? Maintain?....

If you are Gaining weight.... Absolutely, YES. Count milk as water. In fact, count any liquid with calories (besides Alcohol) as water, as well as pure H20.

If your goals are to Maintain..... I suggest, YES, and NO. In my non-professional opinion, I would say to go ahead and log milk (or any other liquid) as water, but make it 50/50% So, half of your daily intake is H20, your other half could be Gatorade, milk, Sprite, Apple Juice.... Whichever you prefer.

If you are trying to lose weight, on the other hand..... I suggest, NO. I do not recommend counting milk, or other liquids as water. THAT DOES NOT MEAN, that you cannot drink milk, or other liquids.... Simply, that they do not count as your 8- 8oz glasses of H20. However, in your attempts to lose weight, it is best to cut back on fruit juices, and other sugar-y drinks. Rather, opt for the fresh fruit. Also, log all of your non-water liquids, to track their calories. Calories from soda, milk, juice, beer/wine, etc., add up far too quickly.

:flowerforyou:

Edit: I just want to point out... YES, almost ANY liquid will hydrate you. But if your goal is weight loss, I have made my suggestion based on calories, sugar content, fat content... But if your question was an awkward way of asking, 'Will milk keep me hydrated?' Then, YES. Milk has enough water in its content that it will hydrate you.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    8kQpYS8.gif

i weep for humanity.
  • Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If I drink eight pints of water it doesn't effect my calorific intake one bit.

If I drink eight pints of beer I'm over my cals if I'm on 1200.

Sure, a liquid is a liquid. Idiots.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Yeah....heaven forbid anybody inject a little logic or common sense into their intake decisions. And of course, it's either all or nothing - either you guzzle gallons of water, or you subsist entirely upon beer, fruit juice and soda. There's no such thing as a middle ground, or moderation, or anything of the sort.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

Yeah....heaven forbid anybody inject a little logic or common sense into their intake decisions. And of course, it's either all or nothing - either you guzzle gallons of water, or you subsist entirely upon beer, fruit juice and soda. There's no such thing as a middle ground, or moderation, or anything of the sort.

considering that you're responding to a dude who says he's on "1200" calories, i think your logic will fall of deaf ears.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    8 pages seariously? For me anything wet can be hydrating its why I dont bother to log it.

P.S. English/American speaking people we invented the language so its pop or fizzy pop to give its true Northen name.

so a bath counts as water intake?
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Why is there 9 pages dedicated to this question? Smh
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Why is there 9 pages dedicated to this question? Smh

thread done got derailed!