anyone else tired of weightlifting?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Maybe your original idea is best, just give up. You either want it bad enough to fix it, or you don't.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    seeya buddy
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    No I just started!! :blushing:
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Hmm... NO.

If you aren't setting any new PR's it's because you aren't working hard enough and maybe not eating enough as well. That's on you, don't blame it on the weights.
  • bLui_bella
    bLui_bella Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    So i've been lifting for about the last year. Things were going well, and then all of a sudden.i just stopped caring, i saw some results but i really haven't gotten any new PR's in a long time. The only thing I have been progressing on is Deadlift. I have been running alot recently and I find that I am progressing faster when it comes to running. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Thoughts? (Trolls welcome as well, its gonna happen anyway)

That's blasphemy!!
  • pjp1125
    pjp1125 Posts: 313
    Options
    Hell NO. I live to lift.

If yo are tired of it, then you are doing it wrong.
  • Jlopez201
    Jlopez201 Posts: 61
    Options
    Weightlifting should never get tiring. Maybe you are just tired of the same routine? Perhaps working with cables or doing different exercises other than the usual ones will help. Running is great but its also important to add some strength training to your routine as well. How about calisthenics ?? Push-ups? Sit-ups? Pull-ups ?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    NO
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    At those numbers, I'd then start 5/3/1 with 5x10 big but boring assistance. If you are eating enough and resting enough there is no reason why you won't progress. It has a mixture of high and low reps which is good for strength and hypertrophy. Good luck :)

Oh and pullups with resistance band. Then go lighter, and lighter until you are unassisted.

what is 5/3/1 and i'm probably not eating or resting enough

do you want me to lift the weights for you too?

try the google machine

i mean if you could that would be great

Wow.

And again someone is willing to give you advice on how not to be tired of lifting and you have to respond with snark.

Forget lifting. You need an attitude adjustment.
  • moosegt35
    moosegt35 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    At those numbers, I'd then start 5/3/1 with 5x10 big but boring assistance. If you are eating enough and resting enough there is no reason why you won't progress. It has a mixture of high and low reps which is good for strength and hypertrophy. Good luck :)

Oh and pullups with resistance band. Then go lighter, and lighter until you are unassisted.

try the google machine

Wow.

And again someone is willing to give you advice on how not to be tired of lifting and you have to respond with snark.

Don't forget the tissues to wipe away the tears.
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options

try the google machine

Wow.

apparently you don't get sarcasm
  • thekyleo
    Options
    Hmm... NO.

If you aren't setting any new PR's it's because you aren't working hard enough and maybe not eating enough as well. That's on you, don't blame it on the weights.

i'm not blaming anything
  • thekyleo
    Options
    Hell NO. I live to lift.

If yo are tired of it, then you are doing it wrong.

thanks bro, i guess beta males like myself should stay out of the gym
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Well, you have had lots of good advice here, and knowledgeable people willing to take the time to help. But because of your sarcasm and online communication style, you seem to be turning people off because it is coming across as indifference or unwillingness. The sarcasm might fly in person where people can pick up expression and tone of voice, but that doesn't come across that well here, in this situation. If/When you are serious, I suggest you shelve the sarcasm and be straight up for best results.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options

try the google machine

Wow.

Sorry but with all the snarky "poor me I suck" responses you're coming up with to people who are trying to help you out in your situation and giving you good, quality advice no. I don't get it when you're being sarcastic.

Does that mean the entire thread has been one, big sarcastic joke? :huh:
  • thekyleo
    Options

try the google machine

Wow.

Sorry but with all the snarky "poor me I suck" responses you're coming up with to people who are trying to help you out in your situation and giving you good, quality advice no. I don't get it when you're being sarcastic.

Does that mean the entire thread has been one, big sarcastic joke? :huh:

no the thread is very real, it's just hard to interpret sarcasm through text. Which reading back the statement did sound like it was snarky
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include these items:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting.This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

With respect,
    Olivia
    MyFitnessPal Community Manager
This discussion has been closed.