Join me...100 pounds to lose!

Options

Replies

• CGerman
    CGerman Posts: 539
    Options
    Since a salad is one of our challenges this week - thought I'd share this low cal/low sodium dressing recipe.

2/3 c buttermilk (I used low fat)
    2 Tablespoons lite Mayo type dressing
    2 Tablespoons Lite sour cream
    1 Tablespoon Chopped flat leaf parslet (used dried instead of fresh)
    1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
    1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
    1 teaspoon mustard powder
    1/2 teaspoon onion powder
    1/8 teaspoon celery seed
    1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
    dash of dried thyme or dill weed (used dill)

It's got a little kick so a little goes a long way. For 2 Tbsp there are 21 calories and only 64 mg of sodium - pretty good for dressing. Would be a good veggie dip too once it has a little time to thicken.
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Count me in... I'm hoping this is my final journey for losing weight.
  • JustKat
    JustKat Posts: 16
    Options
    Question for you guys? When i go walking I ususally walk 5 miles in 1 hour and 5-10 minutes. What mph do I log that as. I think i walk fast but not sure. I have been putting it as 3.5mph. But if i walk 5 in an hour should it actually go as 5mph instead?

If you walk 5 miles in 1 hr 5 min, that's 4.6 mph, if you walk it in 5 hr 10 min that's 4.3 mph. If you use a HRM it doesn't really matter since you'd be putting those calories, bt if you're using the mfp amounts I'd probably round down to 4.5 or 4 mph so you aren't over-estimating the calories - especially if you eat your exercise calories. Hope this helps!
    Thank you that does help. I really try to leave my exercise calories, sometimes I do better than others, I hope that is what I am suppose to do I am really just figuring these things out.
  • JustKat
    JustKat Posts: 16
    Options
    Question for you guys? When i go walking I ususally walk 5 miles in 1 hour and 5-10 minutes. What mph do I log that as. I think i walk fast but not sure. I have been putting it as 3.5mph. But if i walk 5 in an hour should it actually go as 5mph instead?

Yes, just a little under 5MPH! AND, that's really FAST!!!
    Thanks!!! Yeah the girl I walk with says she needs longer legs to keep up with me and she is like 6 inches taller than me..lol...
  • chillrose
    chillrose Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Count me in... I'm hoping this is my final journey for losing weight.

We will do whatever we can to make this YOUR LAST journey with your weight struggle!! :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • chillrose
    Options
    Anytime you feel like giving up, or need inspiration, or just to put things into perspective... try watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc4HGQHgeFE&feature=related

Goodnight everyone.:heart:
  • Danielle84Duncan
    Danielle84Duncan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    So I had a really bad weekend and ended up gaining 5 lbs.......yuck... I jumped from my so proud number of 207.2back to my dreaded 212.... ughhhh.... Why do I keep doing this to myself?

Challenge accepted......... I have 5 lbs to lose....
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    So I had a really bad weekend and ended up gaining 5 lbs.......yuck... I jumped from my so proud number of 207.2back to my dreaded 212.... ughhhh.... Why do I keep doing this to myself?

We all have been there.. For me stress is my chocolate trigger. This weekend was icky for me but everytime I got stressed out I did some kick boxing or tai chi. This way if I have a lil taste of something in the end I feel less guilty. My weakness is chocolate chip cookies. So I found some that are 60 cals each and have them out of reach unless I feel like climbing to get them.

My mother said it best: "Hey doc its your choice, chocolate or alcohol."

I'm afraid to see what happens when I have to go out of town in Oct & Nov and am living out of hotels for 3 weeks
  • Danielle84Duncan
    Danielle84Duncan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! I know I will do much better this week, I am already mindset on it. I don't know what was wrong with me this weekend... not stress really........I just tasted everything in sight... I guess I was in "What does it matter mode" grrrrrr..

You can do it "Living out of motels" just always be aware and stay focused......... you got this!!
  • asking131
    Options
    I'm afraid to see what happens when I have to go out of town in Oct & Nov and am living out of hotels for 3 weeks
    [/quote]

Yeah, what i usually have to do is make a listing of all the food at all the fast food places I like and the amount of calories in each thing i like. This helps me keep on track a lot better than if I'm blindly eating.
  • annie008
    annie008 Posts: 43
    Options
    Count me in!
  • annie008
    annie008 Posts: 43
    Options
    Hi everyone I made myself a smoothie for breakfast this morning.....I thought I'd share it....it's only about 100 Calories!

Here's the recipe if anyone wants to try it....

Raspberries Frozen Unsweetend, 1/4 cup
    Blueberries - Frozen, unsweetened, 1/4 cup
    Disney Donald Duck - Orange Juice -Country Style With Pulp, 2 1/3 oz
    Milk - Reduced fat, 2% milkfat, 1/4 cup
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Ok... I was doing my weigh-ins on Mondays, and I did it today, but JUST FOR YOU, I'm gonna change it to Fridays. This wekk I'll do a double weigh-in. Hopefully by Friday there's progress.
  • chillrose
    Options

Girlfriend, walk walk walk, and stop weighing yourself so much! :huh:
    That's why I weigh only on Fridays.
    If I stood on the scales every day, I'd drive myself nuts! :noway:
    I didn't eat healthy this weekend either, and the scales are off limits to me until Friday!:bigsmile:
    It'll all work out. Don't beat yourself up about it! We ALL do it...:ohwell:
  • mmaccree
    Options
    Hi Everyone...

Well I have more than 100 lbs to lose, more like 225 lbs to lose, but I would like to join in. I have lost 20 lbs in the past 5 1/2 weeks. I hope everyone else is doing great!

Monica
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Thanks for switching to Fridays Kminor, Hope this Friday shows progress too.

Yes, I also found weekends were harder. Harder to figure out how to enter food. I exercised alot which helped but I also ate more. Sunday night I just got hungry. I went for nuts and managed to just barely stay under goal. But I worry if I entered everything right. I am hoping the week will be easier. It was funny because my kids brought up the issue of portion control with my husband. They asked that if he served us to make it smaller. I didn't have3 to say anything.

Love this site and love this group. :love: Hope all have a great week! :drinker:
  • KrisRain
    Options
    Hey All.. I wanted to ask what everyone does for exercise? Walk,DVD's,Treadmill??? I find the food part of the weight loss not such a big issue ( In the past 2 years lost weight and kept it off) ,however the energy/time/motivation to exercise is where i really struggle.Too me its not that interesting,i could /should be doing other things,i dont feel like it..lol... :tongue: Right now and in the past year ive walked,done Qigong,yoga...and just recently i got a treadmill to walk indoors in the COLD CANADIAN winters :sad: :laugh: So basically im looking for different things to try and hopefully find something to stick with? Ideas???
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I don't have a hundred to lose but I will take/give all the support I can!:flowerforyou:
  • clbiggins83
    clbiggins83 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sign me up as well. I have lost 50 lbs and have 100 to go! I can DO IT!
  • chillrose
    Options
    WELCOME all the new people! :flowerforyou: