• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    In for more awesomeness.

tumblr_m4zc1fMLux1rwcc6bo1_500.gif
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Ok so I might actually appear more "bulky" than most aspire to be but it is the look I am going for. Remember that leanness is always a factor. The leaner you are the more muscle will be visible. When I am at a "normal" weight and body fat I don't look like this. This was just for a competition.

Ripped up at "competition" leanness... (134lbs)
    9227694388_7602d6543a_c.jpg
    9227695288_941a55a777_c.jpg
    9224911913_296a271212_c.jpg

With a little more body fat...
    8734378572_c2f385bef7_c.jpg

^^^smoother with a bit more curves. With more muscle, your body will look better even at higher levels of body fat because there is more "firmness" underneath to help keep the shape and proportions.

I personally prefer myself with a bit more curves. I don't like looking "skinny." After this competition I'll be back to bulking up again! I hope to be lean and ripped at 140lbs next summer. :tongue:

Thank you so much for sharing!!

Body fat percentage is what makes the biggest difference to how visible muscles are. Your post is such a perfect example of that so people can see exactly what happens. And I'm sure you can attest that it doesn't happen overnight and you won't be taken by surprise by it either. So, if someone starts to get too lean for their personal tastes, they can always back off and put some body fat back on. Either way, it's the muscle that fills out the shape so nicely. Fat never did that for anyone :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...because...

...uh, because I just want in.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Nice to see this one roll over. :drinker:
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Bumping.
    Feel all women should see these photos!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I know this thread is oooooooold but here's my recent not-bulky pic :wink:

2d98c8bf-2c82-4d5b-a3ec-0803bedcea81.jpg

I lift barbells, and always try to lift heavier barbells. OHP 50# 3x5, Squat 100# 3x6, DL 115 3x5, BP 65 3x3

I love both this pic and your profile pic!! Very awesome!!

Thanks ;). I noticed they went well together after I posted. Your back is pretty awesome !!!!

Lol Sara I know right? ;)

love it!

I just want in for the roll..... :smile:
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    About 16 mths of lifting
    TamaraSwim2013-07-06-5_zps9ca5ed6b.jpg
  • ruby1387
    ruby1387 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Amazing..BUMP
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    In for more awesome butts.
  • TheRealJigsaw
    TheRealJigsaw Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    About 16 mths of lifting

Hot hot hot! :love:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    About 16 mths of lifting

Hot hot hot! :love:

Yes. I have those same bottoms in the same pattern as your top.
  • starmickey03
    starmickey03 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Bumping to add to my topics.
    And for inspiration!
  • alibab36
    alibab36 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    deleted as link not working
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I just started seriously lifting at the beginning of April.

My before and after pics before I went to Maui at the end of May
    ecc8c851-792f-4639-b431-202454030d68_zpsf084169b.jpg?t=1373219294

I had lost 5 lbs of fat and gained 3 lbs of muscle.

This was me yesterday at VS trying to flex. LOL
    5d58b5d0-772f-45e2-97f7-a02a021ca4c7_zps76c9f142.jpg?t=1373219047
    I'm currenlty 134.5 lbs with 20.8% body fat. :)

My squats have gone from repping 85lbs to 130lbs.
    I wish I kept track of my other lifting stats, but I just started tracking them this week. :P

Also, there's my baby back.
    <<<<
  • extraordinary_machine
    extraordinary_machine Posts: 3,028 Member
    Options
    in because I need some inspiration...mine left at the beginning of the summer.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Ok so I might actually appear more "bulky" than most aspire to be but it is the look I am going for. Remember that leanness is always a factor. The leaner you are the more muscle will be visible. When I am at a "normal" weight and body fat I don't look like this. This was just for a competition.

^^^smoother with a bit more curves. With more muscle, your body will look better even at higher levels of body fat because there is more "firmness" underneath to help keep the shape and proportions.

I personally prefer myself with a bit more curves. I don't like looking "skinny." After this competition I'll be back to bulking up again! I hope to be lean and ripped at 140lbs next summer. :tongue:

Thank you so much for sharing!!

Body fat percentage is what makes the biggest difference to how visible muscles are. Your post is such a perfect example of that so people can see exactly what happens. And I'm sure you can attest that it doesn't happen overnight and you won't be taken by surprise by it either. So, if someone starts to get too lean for their personal tastes, they can always back off and put some body fat back on. Either way, it's the muscle that fills out the shape so nicely. Fat never did that for anyone :)

I think this needs to be reiterated because in the mission of trying to help women be more comfortable with lifting heavy, I think that sometimes the biggest issue is communication. Both sides are using terms that are hot button issues for the other side, like "bulky" or "skinny fat".

But I really like how Stephanielynn and Lora are using phrases here that might help explain things better, or are more "user friendly", my favorite parts are bolded. Plus, I just really wanted to quote Stephanie's pics again!:wink:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    :love: :love: In...to oogle er... support. Whatever, just in.

ETA: Ya'll look fantastic.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think this needs to be reiterated because in the mission of trying to help women be more comfortable with lifting heavy, I think that sometimes the biggest issue is communication. Both sides are using terms that are hot button issues for the other side, like "bulky" or "skinny fat".

But I really like how Stephanielynn and Lora are using phrases here that might help explain things better, or are more "user friendly", my favorite parts are bolded. Plus, I just really wanted to quote Stephanie's pics again!:wink:

All this, plus flexing. When we're proud the first time we see a bump on our bicep, we flex for all the pictures. When we post inspirational pictures, they're often of women flexed.

When not flexed, even really muscular women look different.

Take Christmas Abbot. Some women might not want to look as lean and muscular as she looks WHILE she's lifting, or changing a tire.

Christmas-Abbott.jpg

Not flexed, she's as slender and feminine as any model or yoga chick.

77652_septimiu29_ChristmasAbbott_InkedUSA_Nov20129_122_456lo.jpg

In street clothes, she looks like every guy's fantasy version of a girl next door. As long as that fantasy includes kickass tattoos.

3755-christmas-abbott-1.jpg
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

You look fabulous in all of your pics, and this is an awesome example of the differences in leanness levels people aim for!!

This. I think too many people don't understand the difference between body fat levels, I know I didn't when I started here. Well done! You've clearly put in a lot of hard work getting those gorgeous muscles.

This deserves re-quoting just so people see, once again, the difference body fat% makes in looks and how muscle affects both looks. People can have a lot of lean muscle mass and have the aesthetic look they desire (both are great) based on how much body fat they chose to have.

Also, I love the level of dedication these pics show. Very inspirational.