Do you like olives? I have a reason I am asking.

Options

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I was at Costco and I was looking at the pre - packaged foods for my family dinner, when I came upon something I had never seen them have before ---- Deep Dish Pizza. And it had lots of the normal toppings but what I noticed was that there were TONS of black olives on it.

Now, me, I HATE OLIVES to the point that I don't even like looking at them. And I was just going from my own opinion, but when I saw that pizza, I was thinking that most people don't like olives, so having lots of olives on a pizza was a poor idea. Nobody in my family really likes olives, though at least my wife won't pick them out of stuff; she will eat them if they are already in a dish.

Then I thought about my mom and brother.... nope, they both hate olives.... And then I thought about my friends, and I can't say that I know that any of them particularly enjoy olives either.

Do you like olives?

Pro tip:

Just because you don't like something and everyone you know personally is in agreement with you, does not automatically put you in the majority opinion.

Beef isn't popular in India for obvious reasons. That doesn't mean the majority of the rest of the world doesn't eat the s**t out of beef steaks and burgers on a daily basis (where available and affordable per region).
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I hate them with a passion, the smell makes me nauseous. My husband adores them on pizza or right out of the jar. I've bought him gourmet Greek olives as a present once in a while. He cannot stand cilantro, while I love it and can make a salad of nothing but cilantro, some garlic vinaigrette, and a little Swiss cheese. Vive la difference.
  • skinnyby31
    skinnyby31 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love olives and they're so good on pizza. I prefer black to green but I'll eat either
  • foot1647
    foot1647 Posts: 92
    Options
    I love olives! In my omelets, quesadillas, scrambled eggs, sandwiches, pizza, out of the can/jar... doesn't matter. Hot, cold.
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love olives on my pizza and just as finger food.
  • evie_wundt
    evie_wundt Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love all olives. This thread just made me crave olives so I ate 5 Kalmata olives. 50 calories. Oh so good!
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Olives are awesome!!!! I especially love the BLACK ones! MmmmMmmm! lol
  • tootoop224
    tootoop224 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Love them all!
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I love olives.
    Kalamata are my favourite.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Black: YES, love them, green: no, kalamata: meh.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I love love love olives. Sadly, they have to be an occasional treat due to the sodium content.
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    So yesterday I was at Costco and I was looking at the pre - packaged foods for my family dinner, when I came upon something I had never seen them have before ---- Deep Dish Pizza. And it had lots of the normal toppings but what I noticed was that there were TONS of black olives on it.

Now, me, I HATE OLIVES to the point that I don't even like looking at them. And I was just going from my own opinion, but when I saw that pizza, I was thinking that most people don't like olives, so having lots of olives on a pizza was a poor idea. Nobody in my family really likes olives, though at least my wife won't pick them out of stuff; she will eat them if they are already in a dish.

Then I thought about my mom and brother.... nope, they both hate olives.... And then I thought about my friends, and I can't say that I know that any of them particularly enjoy olives either.

Do you like olives?

Pro tip:

Just because you don't like something and everyone you know personally is in agreement with you, does not automatically put you in the majority opinion.

Really? Wow, you're a genius!

Because I never said that people have to agree with me. I simply stated that I didn't know anybody who loved olives, so I was rather surprised to see the pizza loaded with olives.

Pro Tip. Read and understand a post before being snarky.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,948 Member
    Options
    Is this still going? AND PizzaCostcoLady is still upset? :laugh:

I worked in the restaurant biz for 20 years. There are a lot of people who don't like tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, garlic, meat, alcohol, and probably olives.

One thing I learned is that people are way too picky about food. I love all the above.

Now, sardines...:noway:
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    I do
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    hells yeah I like olives. A pizza with Olives is a better pizza!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I don't like olives by themself, but I do enjoy them on pizza or in a taco dip! :)
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Kalamata, black, green, ripe and freshly pickled, doesn't matter. If it's an olive, I'll eat it.

^^^This!!!

My son actually get's extra black olives on his pizza and subs!!

Same here, to both :P My youngest one does the same as well. The guy in Subway looks at me for clarification when both of them ask for olives - as if it's an odd thing for a child to eat :P
  • Neeser926
    Neeser926 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Green olives right out of the jar! Yum. Black olives only when mixed in food, not just to eat plain.
  • fat2fit72014
    Options
    i love black olives. my brother and mom dont. my dad and i do. weird
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I love olives! I could eat them all day! :3