Join me...100 pounds to lose!

Options

Replies

• tiaro
    tiaro Posts: 3
    Options
    I HAVE to ask you, since I can't seem to find out, how this all is working:

Do you post your msgs here in the general message boards?

Or

Do you add everyone as friends and post in your 'private' message board?

Sorry - I'm an mfp-rookie!
  • Nikkie82
    Options
    Am I too late to jump on this quick moving wagon? I am shy of 100 pounds needing to be lost but would love to join a motivated group to lose the extras I have hanging around! I am new to this site, still trying to navigate around. Any Advice?
  • MsFunkyfit
    MsFunkyfit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm Nic from Cali and I would love to join this group... I have lost 70 pounds and i have really gotten stuck... I don't think the scale has moved down in 4 months... I love the daily challenges y'all post and the support you give each other... I would love to join the group and help out motivation each other as i could sure use the help!!!!
    Nic
  • kaskanataliaanna
    kaskanataliaanna Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I thought would be good idea to share few recipes so copy and paste this link and you my find something for yourself :) Today I will be trying the chicken pasta bake.

http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/healthy/cook-yourself-thin/index.html
  • Danielle84Duncan
    Danielle84Duncan Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone...........today is a new day so lets lift our heads up high and only think positive thoughts. We can do this!!!
  • janicelarab
    janicelarab Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I have been very focused so far, but am worried about today. We have a big potluck lunch at work. Hopefully there will be some healthy options. This coming weekend we are also going camping, and I am not sure how that will go over as far as diet or exercise. We will be camping with 3 little kids so long distance hiking is out, and it is not going to be warm at all, so swimming is not looking good. I would appreciate any helpful ideas:flowerforyou:
  • lbencomo
    lbencomo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    200 to loose but I'm with you.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    110 total to lose.
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    Good morning,

I have been very focused so far, but am worried about today. We have a big potluck lunch at work. Hopefully there will be some healthy options. This coming weekend we are also going camping, and I am not sure how that will go over as far as diet or exercise. We will be camping with 3 little kids so long distance hiking is out, and it is not going to be warm at all, so swimming is not looking good. I would appreciate any helpful ideas:flowerforyou:

Janice, I feel your pain on potlucks. I HATE having them. People always want you to try what they brought and it isn't easy to tell them no thank you. Hope you have a fun camping trip!!
  • ejbarker
    Options
    ok, my tip for the potluck? There really is truth in the "moderation" part of eating. If you take the smallest amount of everything, that way you've eaten what people brought and you can comment on their food - but you're only eating a little bit (which should amount to a great sized lunch!). Good luck!!! You can do it!

And also, don't be afraid to tell people "I'm sorry, I'm watching my weight". They will back off because its not fair for anyone to push you when you're trying to lose weight. They'll understand!
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    i had lunch w/ my parents today. My mom made chicken &rice casserole and a pot of pasta. I had a cup of pasta & 2 tablespoons of the rice.
  • ejbarker
    Options
    Hey everyone! I have an exercise I do whenever I'm lying down that involves lying on my back and lifting my feet in the air and then moving them in a bicycle pedaling movement. I count the rotations and keep track of that number, rather than the amount of time I've been doing it. What exercise do you think would be the closest to that if I'd like to input it?
  • jmook
    Options
    Count me in.......my goal is 90 pounds but it may as well be 100. I am ready!!!
  • pjsgirlll
    Options
    Wow! everyone here is really great and helpful. i wish i could give words of encouragement but i have none. Its funny i used to just want to eat everything in site just because it was there but now i don't. I don't even have real cravings, its weird. Maybe its the water maybe its the exercise (maybe its all the eyes at work watching me and my dieting. LOL) whatever it is its working and now im the one stopping others from eating junk. I guess the only advce i can give is feel comfortable IN your body and WITH your body. dont stress about the scale know your body and feel the difference. dont starve your cravings give in a little (occasionally). Buddy up with encouraging friends who are in the same boat as you and motivate each other. go for walks. Wow that was alot of advice for someone who had no advice to give. LOL
    BTW: love the daily challenges! GREAT idea!

GOOOOOOOO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!
  • tiaro
    Options
    Hello, how is everybody doing!?
    Quick report on the daily challanges:
    Done well so far, though I did have my daily treat yesterday (snickers Fun-Size Bars), I am not sure if this was acceptable under the no-junk-policy...
    For today: I do not have a car, but I did skip the shuttle-bus and walked all the way to the local shopping-mall and back, which was in total about 1k. Not much, I know, but it is sooo hot and so humid right now in Hong Kong that it is nearly unbearable to even be outside without moving at all!
    And that is my problem:
    The only exercise I find acceptable and I feel comfortable to do is walking. But that is rather not possible right now, if you don't want to risk a heat-stroke. Arghh, I so hope this heat will be over soon!
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    I would love to join this group! I have about 100 lbs to lose. :flowerforyou:
  • LaChanchita
    Options
    I am in :) I have to loose a trillion
  • ttrep
    Options
    I'm in too! Let's do this thing!
  • ttrep
    Options
    I'm wondering about that too....

Joined Aug 2010
    Mon 08/30/10 08:09 PMI HAVE to ask you, since I can't seem to find out, how this all is working:

Do you post your msgs here in the general message boards?

Or

Do you add everyone as friends and post in your 'private' message board?

Sorry - I'm an mfp-rookie!
    Report Post Quote Reply
  • MAbbate
    Options
    I want to join this group! I have just found this site, so I am still finding my way around. Looking for support and motivation. I would love for y'all to "friend" me so I can become part of something bigger than me. Thanks!