Do you lift heavy? Are you bulky?

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Here we go again........

I know, right? Isn't it fantastic!!! I love how much these threads inspire people like yourself.

So sorry you couldn't figure out how to post your gif. I'm sure it would have been inspirational to the awesome women of MFP.
  • katg73
    katg73 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Here we go again........

IKR?! Here were go again, showing lovely ladies working hard to achieve amazingly lean, fit, strong, and sexy bodies! It's amazing and beautiful! It's so awesome that the thread rolled and can continue to show case all this exceptional work, dedication, and effort. I live for threads like this.

...That is what you meant, right?

BAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: YOU are AWESOME!!!!!!! I applaud you so much right now lol.

Damn, this thread made me realize I have NO recent pics of myself in street clothes. Well I guess I know what I'm asking my officemate to do for me when I get in tomorrow! Hahahahah. Hooray for heavy lifting!
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I loved see every picture and story in this whole thread. I started weight lifting last week even though I've failed many times to stay with it. I found that the biggest problem was the gyms being overcrowded. I joined a large gym that I've always wanted to be a member of and I test drove it this last week with great results! They have so much room that even at 5PM you can take your own squat rack/bench press/dumb bells without any competition. They also have a women's center but it's not really tailoring to my preferences.

I lost 70 pounds, have gained some back, and look too squishy for my taste still. People say I'm thin but its only from consistent running and semi-decent calorie counting. I'm excited to continue on this journey as I know this is the route that will get me to where I want to be and I hope to share my results someday.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Here we go again........

Like, OMG, you're so right. Can you believe the gall of these women who want to share what kind of exercise works best for them on a fitness site? Make sure you also express your disgust in every topic about Jillian Michaels DVDs, C25K, P90x, Crossfit, Zumba, pilates, yoga and Prancercising.

Don't they realize that we're all here for the same reason? To rate the person above you? Part 675?!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Here we go again........

IKR?! Here we go again, showing lovely ladies working hard to achieve outstandingly lean, fit, strong, and sexy bodies! It's amazing and beautiful! It's so awesome that the thread rolled and can continue to show case all this exceptional work, dedication, and effort. I live for threads like this.

That's how I am going to take it!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Viva_Karina
    Viva_Karina Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mrsmustgetmuscles1
    mrsmustgetmuscles1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Unless I am at the gym or flexing most people are surprised when I tell them I lift weights. Been at maintenance for almost a year after getting to goal weight from lifting and counting caloires. Muscle and weight gains have stopped and I am just working on getting stronger and staying healthy.

1y9f2_zpse740913a.gif
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    This thread needs to stay alive for science!
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm so sick of these threads! I mean really. How many times a day do we need someone telling us lifting won't make us bulky?

Oh wait.... I'm the OP of the first thread. It was in direct response to a thread where a woman was claiming lifting made her bulky, or was afraid of it, or something.
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Ugh..ordered Strong Curves. I have no patience! Where is the UPS man with my book?!?!?! I can't wait to get started.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    I'm so sick of these threads! I mean really. How many times a day do we need someone telling us lifting won't make us bulky?

Oh wait.... I'm the OP of the first thread. It was in direct response to a thread where a woman was claiming lifting made her bulky, or was afraid of it, or something.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    The only time I've ever seen someone who cried "bulky!" post photos, it was of a girl who didn't have BIG muscles, she had very low body fat. She actually looked gorgeous... I'd kick a puppy for her arms! And she had legs for days.

But she rage-quit when people told her she looked great. Because that's not being supportive or something.
  • DavPul
    Options
    ^^She was a friend of mine I was disappointed that she quit. She didn't quit because people told her she looked great. She quit because people start accusing her of being an attention *kitten* and fishing for compliments and that she was stupid for not appreciating how great she looked.

I do agree with you that she looked awesome (to me), and it wasn't bulkiness but low bodyfat that was her actual issue which is something that she could correct by eating some ice cream every night after dinner. Didn't get a chance to tell her that before she was run off the site tho.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    ^^She was a friend of mine I was disappointed that she quit. She didn't quit because people told her she looked great. She quit because people start accusing her of being an attention *kitten* and fishing for compliments and that she was stupid for not appreciating how great she looked.

I do agree with you that she looked awesome (to me), and it wasn't bulkiness but low bodyfat that was her actual issue which is something that she could correct by eating some ice cream every night after dinner. Didn't get a chance to tell her that before she was run off the site tho.

That is a shame. The poor girl could be eating ice cream!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    in...for more pics!
  • mikeinjapan
    mikeinjapan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Can we get some pics of "bulky" girls eating ice cream?
  • LorinaLynn
    Options
    That's a damn shame about that girl. I missed that part of the thread.

Now I want ice cream.
  • DavPul
    Options
    IN for pics of women that lift heavy, eat ice cream, and wear bikinis!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Here we go again........

IKR?! Here we go again, showing lovely ladies working hard to achieve outstandingly lean, fit, strong, and sexy bodies! It's amazing and beautiful! It's so awesome that the thread rolled and can continue to show case all this exceptional work, dedication, and effort. I live for threads like this.

I like you.
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    inspirations! all of you! Hope to have my pics in here one day... i used to lift heavy and working my way back to that now... long road but this thread makes for interesting sight seeing :bigsmile: :wink: :drinker: