GROSSED OUT (rant)

Options

Replies

• EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I only get grossed out if they are making a lot of noise while eating. :sick: THAT is disguisting and I sometimes have to walk away depending on how loud it is. But I don't judge by what/how much someone else eats.

ETA and my SO and daughter are such LOUD eaters :sad:

Holy crap YES! I can't stand loud eaters, it makes me want to :sick: Especially people who inhale with every bite, please, please stop :noway: Usually if someone is eating a bunch of junk, it just makes me wish I had some too.

I think it is seriously my biggest pet peeve in life... :ohwell:

Oh yeah this. But only because while growing up someone used to do it on purpose as a tease thing.

:noway: Mine is for the same reason!!! Crazy....
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    No not at all, none of our concern what goes on beyond our borders, keep your nose out of trouble and no trouble will come to you.

-Gaffer Gamgee, LOTR
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I was just at the gas station getting out of my car when I looked over I saw this guy inhaling some cheesy, greesy gas station food n wanted to freak out.
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    when its excessive or daily YES. it bothers me TO THE CORE. I mean I still eat some bad foods here and there but like... I just... wow.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    YES! I have the hardest time watching my husband eat now that i dont binge like that any more.... i just want to grab the junk out of his hand and throw it away. It really does gross me out. Saying anything starts a fight so i just let him eat what he wants...i cant control him that way.

What a pleasure you must be to have around.

Se is a wonderful pleasure to be around. If you knew her story you would know why she feels this way. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, stop bashing,

I don't have to know the full story. The fact that she goes as far to say that her husband's eating grosses her out is enough for me base my opinion on. :flowerforyou:

You can't control your subconscious biases and internal reactions. All you can do is determine how these will dictate your behavior. She said she doesn't try to control her husband's behavior.

:huh:

I'm just saying that you can't control when you feel disgust, it just happens. If she was picking on her husband, being rude about it, etc., it would make sense for you to take issue with it, but since she doesn't react this way, why are you so defensive on his behalf?

I agree that it's not a very nice reaction and it's something that maybe she should work on for herself, but you seem to be taking offense to it because you've worried people have judged you in the same way.

Of course that is why. I constantly feel judged by outsiders, so even just imagining being judged by my S/O really hurts me. I really feel for her husband, and I hope he finds someone better. Clearly, he doesn't deserve to have a wife who is grossed out by his eating habits.

I'm sorry that you have to deal with that. It sounds like an awful thing to be self-conscious about. :frown:

Edited to add: even though I feel for you and I understand why it's a touchy subject for you, I still think that you're being overly harsh on her, judging (ironically) her entire worth based on one reaction she has.

I honestly don't care. :flowerforyou:

You're not going to change my opinion.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Hell yes I get grossed out. I can't believe I used to eat like that & not care. I actually would hate to work in my old job now cause I would be constantly suffering with what ppl buy. I was a checkout chick & the amount of junk.... omg. It would make me want to quit.

High & mighty I am not, but damn there is a point where everyone should realise the crap they eat before it kills them. I'm an ex-fattie....proud to be called that...it means I changed my ways, and did something about it.
  • ellen_kay
    ellen_kay Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I watch it everyday at work and just want to scream. Don't they understand what they are putting in their bodies? He eats it, then complains about his weight
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I will eat some of it sometimes to show them that they can eat it in moderation.Like I will go out to eat get what I want but eat half and bring the rest home. I will also get a salad to go with it. I want them to know that you can still eat and enjoy foods but in moderation. Or if I go to a party wit a lot of junk food I will eat first so I won't eat as much of it.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    YES! I have the hardest time watching my husband eat now that i dont binge like that any more.... i just want to grab the junk out of his hand and throw it away. It really does gross me out. Saying anything starts a fight so i just let him eat what he wants...i cant control him that way.

Se is a wonderful pleasure to be around. If you knew her story you would know why she feels this way. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, stop bashing,

I don't have to know the full story. The fact that she goes as far to say that her husband's eating grosses her out is enough for me base my opinion on. :flowerforyou:

You can't control your subconscious biases and internal reactions. All you can do is determine how these will dictate your behavior. She said she doesn't try to control her husband's behavior.

I'm just saying that you can't control when you feel disgust, it just happens. If she was picking on her husband, being rude about it, etc., it would make sense for you to take issue with it, but since she doesn't react this way, why are you so defensive on his behalf?

I agree that it's not a very nice reaction and it's something that maybe she should work on for herself, but you seem to be taking offense to it because you've worried people have judged you in the same way.

Of course that is why. I constantly feel judged by outsiders, so even just imagining being judged by my S/O really hurts me. I really feel for her husband, and I hope he finds someone better. Clearly, he doesn't deserve to have a wife who is grossed out by his eating habits.

I'm sorry that you have to deal with that. It sounds like an awful thing to be self-conscious about. :frown:

Edited to add: even though I feel for you and I understand why it's a touchy subject for you, I still think that you're being overly harsh on her, judging (ironically) her entire worth based on one reaction she has.

I think your comment about him finding better is more harmful. Seriously, you think he should leave her cause she would love for him to eat better? Shame on you I think.
  • rhinesb
    rhinesb Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    It really only grosses me out when Hubby decides to break in to my baking stash. He will go in to the kitchen at 10 or 11 at night and make a peanut butter and icing sandwich. He got my brown sugar pecan and coconut icing out and dug in to it. I was totally grossed out. I was mainly mad because I was looking forward to eventually using it for a cake for the family and not just so he could go in there and gluttonize and of course he didn't tell me and just left it in my baking supplies for me to find out later when I actually went to make it.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'm grossed out, but I am kind of surprised and shocked by some of the things people mindlessly eat now that I'm aware of my own eating habits.

My brother can eat an entire New York style pizza by himself. That is shocking and just a total disregard for his well being. It is wild.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    If they criticize my food choices, I find it annoying-- but if they're just pigging out on their own, I couldn't care less.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options

I think your comment about him finding better is more harmful. Seriously, you think he should leave her cause she would love for him to eat better? Shame on you I think.

'Cause she would love for him to eat better? That's a joke.

That is not how she stated it. She claims to be grossed out.

That doesn't seem to show much concern. That's judging him.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Very common noob reaction. You'll outgrow it.
    This so much.
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    @CapnGordo

:laugh: I apologize for all the quoting :tongue:
  • Haley_alyssa98
    Options
    Yes! I love her to death and all but my mom eats SO MUCH CHOCOLATE. And sweets of all kind!

I'm like mom! Slow down!
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh ... rant threads.

They never go/end well. Usually, it's like watching a train wreck.

... anybody got popcorn?? With LOTS of butter?
  • ShadeyC
    ShadeyC Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I read half the first page...and then kind of got bored...
    BUT.
    In answer to the very first post. I'm more fascinated by how much someone can fit in their mouth at any one time...it's like kids trying to put their fist in their mouth, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't :P
    But this phenomenon happens whether they're eating junk food or not.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options

That's because he put his foot down when she tried. If she is truly grossed out, her face is going to speak volumes and who knows where this loathing of his food habits will end up touching in terms of the rest of their relationship.

This one has to be the best one yet.....Let me clarify something to you since you seem to know every thing in all your 18 yrs of life. I have been very over weight...i am not any more...I try to to the right things every day food and health wise. I cook for this man healthy every day. He is almost 400 lbs with severe diabetes and other health issues...My face shows nothing but love and compassion for this man who truly has no desire to control his eating habits. I would prefer he be around for the next 30 years and healthy. I have been fighting this battle with him for 9 years! Dont tell me he deserves someone better....his choices have put us thru alot and i am STILL HERE. I will never stop trying to help him. I need to get healthy and strong to take care of him when he cant take care of himself any longer if that happens. Again i will say, when this man has eaten at Mc donalds 3 x a day PLUS his regular meals....yeah its kinda gross....Id appreciate it if you would quit attacking me now....thanks
  • teepuppylove
    teepuppylove Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I figure that when I was sucking down greaseball burgers like they were going out of fashion, if I'd found out that someone was thinking I was gross or judging me, I'd have told them to go $%^& themselves, so I don't do it to others.

Ex smokers and ex fatties, man.

Srsly ex smokers and ex fatties are the worst! No, it doesn't bug me at all...sometimes it just tempts me :/