Clean Eating DOES make a difference

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    It seems many of you are getting hung up on her definition of 'clean' I am experiencing similar results to what the original post suggests. I operated in a fairly significant caloric deficit for a month with very little results. When i switched to a more 'clean' diet with the same caloric intake and same exercise i started losing. what works for some doesn't work for all. I understand that science teaches us that a lb = 3500 calories and I would not dispute that. 1000 net calories a day only counting calories produced very little change. 1000 net calories a day with either grilled chicken or white fish and some steamed green veggies with things like almonds as snacks produced noticeable results in 3 days. some may not like it, but its been the only thing that has worked so far so i'm gonna rock on with it.
    btw, you look great.

why are you only netting 1000 calories a day???
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Despite what my username implies, I generally avoid controversy, but I feel I have to intervene. The pretzel burger doesn't look good to me. I know that isn't a popular opinion, but that's how I feel, and my feelings are just as valid as anyone's.

OP, I'm glad you have found something that works for you.

Get out.

I'll get my coat. :sad:
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    This topic needs to be in my news feed.

I also need to FR all the IIFYMers.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    just popped back in to take notes:

-pretzel burgers at TWO locations
    -Capitalizations in Thread title may have caused the raucus
    -hide crazy theories in success threads
    -no sauce on pretzel burger
    -no sharing pretzel burger
    -no waiting for coupon for pretzel burger
    -hide from people dressed as cows today, resume hiding from zombie apocalypse tomorrow
    -always high five and back pat any success thread even if my back pat pushes the person over the cliff they are running towards

interesting.gif
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Despite what my username implies, I generally avoid controversy, but I feel I have to intervene. The pretzel burger doesn't look good to me. I know that isn't a popular opinion, but that's how I feel, and my feelings are just as valid as anyone's.

Get out.

Wait, wait! What about Krispy Kreme burgers? Is that better? Throw me a bone here!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    I LOVE that willpower is one of your meals lol. And I sincerely hope that dinner finds its way into a blender?
    You look great!

ETA: I posted this before I realized this had turned into one of "those" threads. Yeesh, just when I started to feel like venturing back onto the boards.....
  • alishacupcake
    alishacupcake Posts: 419 Member
    Wow this thread is a bummer.

I wonder if all the people that felt the NEED to detract from the OP success by inserting their own ideology also think it is appropriate and classy to use thir phones in public bathrooms.

It is great that other people want to dispel myths, and present more knowledge....but as someone else said...the blatant, in your face delivery is just RUDE.

Wait, are you saying its NOT okay to use my phone in the public bathroom? Oopps.. let me just put this away...

OP: great job but you ate too little for my comfort zone

ETA: Pretzel burgers, I wish I could quit you!! Well, not really. YUM!
  • mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    someone post great results in "success stories" and gets ridiculed for the term "clean eating'....this site can be trash...a bunch of followers...good job OP...
  • Wow this thread is a bummer.

I wonder if all the people that felt the NEED to detract from the OP success by inserting their own ideology also think it is appropriate and classy to use thir phones in public bathrooms.

It is great that other people want to dispel myths, and present more knowledge....but as someone else said...the blatant, in your face delivery is just RUDE.

Wait, are you saying its NOT okay to use my phone in the public bathroom? Oopps.. let me just put this away...

go wash your hands dirty girl :)
  • alishacupcake
    Wow this thread is a bummer.

go wash your hands dirty girl :)

Mmmmm I really really like when you call me that
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    My perspective -

Eat clean, eat dirty, eat meat, eat veges, eat cooked, eat raw, eat whatever the heck you want to - just don't tell me that your food is inherently *better* than mine in some nebulous way, and we'll have no beef. That's why I like IIFYM. If you pay attention, you'll see that they don't jump on how anyone eats - until someone says that some food or other is inherently bad.

If you are eating perfectly clean and organic with 0 processed food, and you are enjoying it and succeeding, an IIFYM follower will cheer you on. If you then say that your success is purely down to the particular foods you eat, or worse - that no one can succeed unless they do the same thing, they will point out the error of your ways in no uncertain terms.
  • Again people, this isn't the place to go and nitpick her diary or how she lost her weight. She is trying to celebrate her success and it is very douchy to detract from that and try to call her out.

Truth. So what if OP believes it's her clean eating that made a difference? I highly doubt that her intent was to intentionally deceive others. Who cares how she worded the title? This isn't a shake o thread. It's not a "my way is the only way thread". It's not a HcG thread. Give the girl a break...sweet jeebus.

For REAL!

Calorie Deficits while eating whatever = weight loss (fat, muscle, water)

Calorie Deficits + Clean Eating (with sufficient protein) = fat/water loss and muscle gain (or maintenance)

Aaaaaand..... attack! ::hides behind shield of complex carbs and lean protein:::

...so just eating clean food and lots of Protein makes you gain/maintain muscle?

Well screw this lifting nonsense then.

LOL discussing nutrition!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member

First: I am referring to the burger at Wendy's. It's a burger patty on a pretzel roll bun with your typical veggies (if you're down with that) cheese, and a sweet mustard sauce. It was amazeballs. Some things look good and don't live up to the hype but this! I ate that sucker and then curled up around my pillow and slept the sleep of the truly content. The bread was so nice; a nice crisp outside and then a chewy fluffy inside. So good.

web_WendysPretzelJax.jpg

Dinner has been decided. *drooling*
    [/quote]

I know right!! I was leaning pizza for dinner but I have Pretzel burgers on the brain now....
    [/quote]

And only 680 calories! Not bad, not bad...
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    My perspective -

Eat clean, eat dirty, eat meat, eat veges, eat cooked, eat raw, eat whatever the heck you want to - just don't tell me that your food is inherently *better* than mine in some nebulous way, and we'll have no beef. That's why I like IIFYM. If you pay attention, you'll see that they don't jump on how anyone eats - until someone says that some food or other is inherently bad.

If you are eating perfectly clean and organic with 0 processed food, and you are enjoying it and succeeding, an IIFYM follower will cheer you on. If you then say that your success is purely down to the particular foods you eat, or worse - that no one can succeed unless they do the same thing, they will point out the error of your ways in no uncertain terms.

^ Very well said. I'd add that if you post a success thread and mention that you eat foods that are "unlcean" the clean eaters will tell you that such naughty behavior will eventually catch up to you and you will be diagnosed with cancer. And it happens with regularity here. This thread is mild.
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    But 2000 calories of lean meat and vegetables is treated differently by your body than 2000 calories of fried food & high sugared junk food like doughnuts etc.

I think that's what "clean eaters" are really getting at.. just not always correctly said.
  • alishacupcake
    My perspective -

^ Very well said. On the other hand, if you post a success thread and mention that you eat foods that are "unlcean" the clean eaters will tell you that such naughty behavior will eventually catch up to you and you will be diagnosed with cancer. And it happens with regularity here.

I also really like being called "naughty." Dang, I'm a thread hijacker now. MFP watch out!

ETA: I still can't work quotes
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    My perspective -

^ Very well said. On the other hand, if you post a success thread and mention that you eat foods that are "unlcean" the clean eaters will tell you that such naughty behavior will eventually catch up to you and you will be diagnosed with cancer. And it happens with regularity here.

QFT to both.......
  • mdearmond
    mdearmond Posts: 76 Member
    had so many intentions of taking advantage of free chick fil a day....now all i want for the rest of my life is a pretzel burger.

free food or a pretzel burger...these are the serious life altering adult decisions I was warned about when I was younger.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member

Get out.

Wait, wait! What about Krispy Kreme burgers? Is that better? Throw me a bone here!

I'm trying, but that doesn't sound good to me, either. As penance, I will repeatedly punch myself in the face until I am unconscious.

I like poutine, though.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    But 2000 calories of lean meat and vegetables is treated differently by your body than 2000 calories of fried food & high sugared junk food like doughnuts etc.

Because anyone said "Eat only fried foods and high sugared foods."
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!