Things that suck about losing weight...

Options

Replies

• Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    People thinking that it's now OK to criticise your "fat self". They kept quiet while you were big, but now you're smaller they can let slip what they REALLY thought. It's quite hurtful! You know, that was still me!
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I can't even find 'exercize' clothes for bigger gals. It's like..."I'm getting there". Do I have to only be an xl to work out? Seriously?
  • haehaebri
    haehaebri Posts: 7
    Options
    -My boobs don't look the best right now. First they were affected by weight gain and now from weight loss. Poor things.
    -The clothes issue is starting to affect me. Before i took an 11/12 us sizes. Recently I got down to 9/10 and bought shorts from american eagle but now they are getting loose. They are too expensive to abandon so I'm stuck right now :(
    -I actually haven't had a problem with eating because my metabolism has greatly improved. I go to my boyfriends house and pig out on junk food for a week and end up actually losing 3 pounds by the time I come home.
    -Hearing people say that I look fine or why am I losing weight.
    -OH and people saying "Wow you lost weight! You look so much better!" Um... what was I before....?
  • annebubbles
    annebubbles Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My thighs have very loose skin now & I have to wear a skort with my size 12 bathing suit. That is my only complaint. I love being thin. I wish I knew about high protein & low carbs when I was 30 instead of 50. Oh well I'm happy.
  • lrobinson22
    lrobinson22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Things that suck about losing weight, Not losing it fast enough!!! OR finding all the weight that everyone else has lost. I am changing my diet from pop and pizza, to water and veggies not happy. It is had to have a super fit husband who can lose weight without even trying, and working my butt off to lose one pound. I am determined but want the difference in a hurry. Oh and by the weigh I know I have gained weight and would like for my parents to quit pointing it out.. Those are my issues feel much better now.
  • annebubbles
    annebubbles Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I shop at thrift stores for EVERYTHING except underwear & bras & shoes. Quit your *****ing!!!! Thin is GREAT.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    How much weight have you lost

Oh about 30 pounds

Really thats all? I mean you look like you lost alot of weight, like alot alot, like 80 pounds.

Umm.. thanks?
  • lynnerack
    lynnerack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Overweight acquaintances discussing my weight loss then looking pointedly at me and saying they don't like scraggy necks!
  • Poprocket_2012
    Options
    Here's mine- people telling me that I "don't need to lose any more weight."

They don't know my body, I do!

^^This!!^^
  • MelissaDoc
    MelissaDoc Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Fat is an excellent insulator. I lost 40 lbs. of insulation and I've been freezing cold all winter. I'm going to be one of those little old ladies who brings a sweater to the grocery store.

I'm just 23 and I bring a sweater to the grocery store!
  • purplepiggy1
    Options
    Having to wear about 5 layers and experiencing amenorrhea
  • joshuaroberts58367
    joshuaroberts58367 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    just give him a few more years that metabolism will slow down and he will be in the same bucket
  • Th3stral
    Th3stral Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The condacending comments, and mock concern, no doubt about that!

If I hear "why do you feel you have to loose weight" (was starting out at BMI 28 at this point and feeling terrible with medical/insulin issues), "who are you doing this for" (HELLO!! Me! Doing it to feel well and good about ME)', "your putting yourself under too much pressure, here have this plate of chips to prove to me you are eating" (WTF! I'm not being force fed rubbish which is harmful to my medical condition to shut someone up who's too lazy to loose weight so wants to stop me)

I started out thinking I'd try and get back down to within 10-14lb of my pre-pregnancy weight. I thought I'd be realistic about getting my body back. However I've also heard "you can't expect to get your pre baby body back you know" despite declaring my goal to be a stone over prepreg (at 4'11 14lb is quite a chunk of weight) SO many times it's like a red flag to a bull and I'm so motivated to change my goal to 7-10lb over prepreg weight and see how I go.

With a ton of hard work why shouldn't I get MY figure back! Just because others have had babies and used that to justify scoffing constantly why should I!

I think nothing brings out the worst in some people like seeing another person excell where they have failed to succeed, or in some cases failed to even try. Successfully loosing weight seems to put you in the limelight a bit whether you want it too or not.
  • KellyyT
    KellyyT Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    probably the ONLY benefit of gaining weight, was that my boobs looked fabulous! i loveee being thinner, but i loved how my girls looked when i was overweight! but a little push-up nowadays def doesn't hurt!

and i shop like crazy! i've always been a crazy shopper though because i love it! i buy mainly tops and dresses. but since most of my clothes have a little stretch, or are meant to hang a little loose, when i lose more weight, they'll still fit! =D and most of my tops/dresses can be belted in to look super cute and flow-y when i finally lose this last 20 lbs!

considering this was the biggest i ever got, i still have all my clothes leading up to this point! so i've got lots of jeans and tops and dresses that i would DIE to fit into again! but it's gonna make me really sad when my 2-3 pairs of favorite but expensive fat girl jeans don't fit anymore. =(
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    * Spending money on new clothes and they don't fit for more than a few weeks.
    * My head not catching up with my new body - What size am I?????
    * Can I afford to keep up the gym membership?? and what will happen if I don't.

But:-
    I love being lightest and trimmest I've been in 20 years.
    I love being 18 months short of 60 and taking up running.
    I love that I've inspired my beloved and our son to jump on the bandwagon.
    :laugh: :happy: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I shop at thrift stores for EVERYTHING except underwear & bras & shoes. Quit your *****ing!!!! Thin is GREAT.

I found some cute bathing suits at the thrift store.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    bye bye boobs.
  • jingles0231
    jingles0231 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    gallbladder acts up
    wrinkles appear on face
    eating right kills the bank account
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    - Being cold ALL THE FREAKING TIME :explode: It's winter over here in Aussie, and I live out in the country. There have been nights where I've had to wear three layers to bed and turn myself into a human sausage roll with sheets, multiple blankets, and the duvet. Granted, I still found the weather unpleasant when I was heavier, but at least I had that little bit more insulation!

- The fact that losing a noticeable amount of weight seemingly opens up every aspect of your lifestyle to criticism. Have a salad, you'll be mocked for being healthy. Put cheese on your pasta, and you'll be told it'll make you fat. Um, who invited the food police?!

- Finding out how difficult maintenance actually is. Then there's the realization that even once you hit the goal number on the scale, you don't magically obtain a new sense of self-confidence. And that you still have a pudgy belly. And that you really should have started strength training a long time ago. Sigh...just because the learning curve is necessary, doesn't make it suck any less.

- People who like to go on about how you've lost sooo much weight and that it's sooo good you did because you were sooo gross before. My heaviest weight was 70kg (154lbs), and they don't seem to realize the person standing before them now is the same one who got her stuff together and took control of her own well-being.

- I HAVE NO BUTT :sad:
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options

- The fact that losing a noticeable amount of weight seemingly opens up every aspect of your lifestyle to criticism. Have a salad, you'll be mocked for being healthy. Put cheese on your pasta, and you'll be told it'll make you fat. Um, who invited the food police?!

- I HAVE NO BUTT :sad:

^THIS for me too!! My family drives me crazy about the food thing…assuming ALL I eat is salad, and then trying to get me to eat more of 'this', saying it's healthy, but then telling me eating my Feta cheese will make me fat. UGH…let me BE!

And also, no butt here…never really had one, but now I care a little more…flat booty is no fun. And I've been squatting and lunging like there's no tomorrow…maybe one day it'll look cute and perky. Maybe...lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!