Things that suck about losing weight...

Options

Replies

• marhod5
    marhod5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I can't even find 'exercize' clothes for bigger gals. It's like..."I'm getting there". Do I have to only be an xl to work out? Seriously?

I agree. My workout clothes are getting threadbare. I've been using them a lot! : ) But I went shopping the other day and the only thing I could find in my size was sweat pants! I'm hot enough already, thank you. I don't need to wear heavy fleece while I work out.
  • heatherlee33
    heatherlee33 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am most in agreement with the people who 'pretend' to be so concerned about my weight loss. I am 5'3, I've lost 30 pounds and I weigh 128.5, that is not too low and it's only 3.5 pounds away from my goal weight...but no. All those people that made 'comments' about how I 'should' eat, are now the same people making comments about how I AM eating. "You are not eating enough, you should be worried"...worried about 128!?! WTF people? I am still a size 10!!! Even had a boss at work start a Fitbee account for me to tell me how many calories I should be eating in a day to maintain. Which was endearing but still, this is my choice and one of the few things I can control in my life so suck it people! Oh, and the fact that I lost 30 freaking pounds and my husband NEVER SAID A WORD, until he noticed other people looking. And other people look a lot now.
  • peter236uk
    peter236uk Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Losing 4 stone and having to spend a fortune on clothes
  • Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Oh, and drinking so much water you pee once an hour. That sucks.

This!

It's so hard when you're out in public and are constantly looking for the restroom! :mad:
  • blibby33
    blibby33 Posts: 53
    Options
    bump to read later
  • heatherlee33
    heatherlee33 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. I do have to admit. I spend crazy money on clothes! And yet...I still have nothing to wear! I have multiple rounds of...oops, those are too big now, time to down size a bit. Grumble.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    .I have teeny boobs now :( but the only time theyv been a good size is when Iv been pregnant so that doesnt bother me.
    .having to exercise! But im finding I cant wait to get working out every day and on my 2 days off I still want to do more. I just brought
    a stationary bike and Im planning on riding for 1hr 3 days a week plus using my kettlebell 3-4 days a week.
    . my partner is terrible. He loves junk food, apple pies, doughnuts anything sugary or junk food related and doesnt get that I cant have it around or I will eat it. However Im trying to teach myself that its ok to not eat it or just have a little piece
  • ShesReady2Live
    Options
    Busting your *kitten* to lose weight then Mother Nature shows her face and you gain all this water weight back! Bite me!
  • ShesReady2Live
    Options
    People who " are only trying to help" and say the rudest remarks to you like " do some sit-ups if your back hurts" " do you have a salt problem" because I mentioned I gained a few pounds back after I lost. I get so mad! I have arthritis in my back since I was a kid not that I should have to explain it to this person and it was my time of the month. Told him maybe sometimes you shouldn't say anything at ALL!
  • Longs3
    Longs3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1. Having to take my own "healthy" food to family dinners and cook outs, because I can't eat the stuff they are eating.
    2. My husband sitting behind me on the couch eating a pizza or cheeseburger while I am working out (and he won't gain an ounce).
    3. Knowing how hard that I am working and wishing the lbs would just come off faster...

BTW - I only shop thrift stores and yard sales anymore (except for undies, bras, socks of course) - even before I started losing weight I was shopping them. I find silver jeans for $4-$8 bucks at yard sales all the time and I LOVE it when I score some under armour workout gear for less than $5. That's a good day!!
  • VeganGlasgow27
    VeganGlasgow27 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I was 147lb at my highest last year, and I'm 117lb now. I wish I'd actually worn all of the clothes I bought in January sales back then, since now most of them look silly. I mean new coats and so on which I intended to wear the following year.

It feels like such a waste, since some of them even have the tags still on. Now I'm buying new clothes several sizes smaller and I'm unsure whether or not to hang onto the larger sizes.
  • rmaxwell142
    Options
    1. Once people notice you've lost weight, they always think that they have a better way of how to do it. I was once told that I could eat fat and sugar, just not at the same time, and still lose weight.

2. The late night cravings for junk food. Also, when everyone else around you can eat junk except you. For example, being at the theater with everyone around me eating popcorn.

3. Not being able to go over to people's houses because all they have is crap to eat.

4. Eating out is a challenge because restaurants do not have many healthy choices or none at all!

5. Being obsessed with calories!
  • zumbalinda22
    zumbalinda22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Buying new clothes can be an expensive part of losing weight, but that's why there's THRIFT STORES!!! Best thing ever! Buy a pair of jeans for $6.99; if they don't fit in a month, big deal - wash them, bag them, and donate them to a thrift store and itemize the donations on your taxes! If you have a Savers near you, they have really nice quality things.
  • jmelindy
    jmelindy Posts: 34 Member
    Options

and for those who are upset about a flabby butt or "elephant butt" as i read in here.... NO ONE is doomed to have a flabby butt. the answer??

SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS SQUATS

AND THEN SQUAT SOME MORE!!!

Challenge:

take picture of bottom from back and side view (wearing undies or swimsuit bottom of course)

Every day for 30 days....

50 squats
    50 lunges

Day 30... take another picture and compare.

If it's not starting to lift and firm i'll eat my words!!

I WANT TO TRY THIS CHALLENGE!! :)
  • rkm3612
    rkm3612 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The most annoying thing about losing weight is when someone asks me if I am sick......
  • stasherella
    stasherella Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    For the inbetween sizes hit up the goodwill. Decent "for now" clothes at a fraction of the cost. When you are done donate them back.
  • julie_emma1
    julie_emma1 Posts: 146
    Options
    People saying, "You must be starving yourself." Drives me crazy - it's like "No, actually I have been eating healthy and exercising consistently for the last year"
  • TD_BC
    TD_BC Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    The gorgeous little black dress I brought on the Champs Elysee in Paris no longer fits!!!

Might have to plan a "goal reached" trip back to Paris... :)
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anything.

If you have some item of clothing that you love, finding something new and wonderful, having the old one altered or cut down, or making another one in the new size are all good rewards for reaching your goal.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    1. Dealing with the stupid crap people will say, like:

"How much have you lost?," followed by its dear friend and frequent travelling companion, "How much more do you have to go?"

"Did you have surgery,?" accompanied by its pros and cons or some other wonder "diet" method they've come up with. This is working for me. It may not be for everybody. I'm happy now, be happy for me. Ya.

2. Constantly replacing swimsuits that are eaten by Chlorine.

3. That feeling of being in between sizes.

4. Having to get rid of a favorite totally cute outfit because it's too big now. (I felt like I ROCKED that little black dress!)

5. The regret of not having lived this way years ago. My size did keep me from doing some really cool stuff in the past.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!