You know you're old when...

Options
davemunger
davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
... that "edgy" Depeche Mode song from your youth is playing on the Muzak in your neighborhood Ace Hardware

...People your kids' age (if not necessarily your kids) have steady full-time jobs

...You forget the names of young people you meet because they all look the same to you

Replies

• norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    You can name, and sing all the words to most of the songs that have been on the Top 40 list for the last 4 decades.

And I was just hummng (yes, humming is something my mom only did!) Strange Love (Depeche Mode) just last night...FTW!!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    You go to the family reunion and there are several teenagers you don't recognize, because you're expecting them to be about 9 years old. You look at the backs of your hands and can't recall where those raised veins came from. You tell people you've seen Harry Chapin, Gordon Lightfoot, John Denver, and The Who in concerts, and you get blank stares.....
  • henriettevanittersum
    henriettevanittersum Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    you can't drink all night and stay up untill it's light without feeling sick for 4 days after... :-(
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    When you realize you've been out of highschool for four years.hollly efff.
  • henriettevanittersum
    henriettevanittersum Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You go to the family reunion and there are several teenagers you don't recognize, because you're expecting them to be about 9 years old. You look at the backs of your hands and can't recall where those raised veins came from. You tell people you've seen Harry Chapin, Gordon Lightfoot, John Denver, and The Who in concerts, and you get blank stares.....

True story: I was in HMV to get the DVD "Tommy" by The Who. The 16 yr old helping me said "from the WHO"? I said, yes, that's what I said. Her: "WHO". Me "yes"... blank stare... I had to explain it all the way... sigh...
  • AAX2
    AAX2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    When you leave the house to go out at 8, you feel like a rebel.

When kids say the movies you grew up on are "oldies".
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    When you go back to highschool and realise the people there now weren't even born when you were there.

When your granddaughter is at the same high school you were at.

Plenty more where these came from but I can't remember them lol.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    When I had to explain to a co-worker what the Challenger disaster was, and the fact she couldn't name the 4 Beatles.....
  • plateaued
    plateaued Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    When you visit a museum and see something you used to use (rotary phone, game of Pong, typewriter).
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    When you realize you've been out of highschool for four years.hollly efff.

4? ...I'm a little closer to a decade...haha
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    You realize that the people born the year you graduated college are old enough to buy alcohol.
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    When all the singers/artists/current screaming sensations are younger than you.

When your friend's baby sister that you used to babysit is now an adult and dating a new guy every week.

When every relatives you meet ask you "So, are you FINALLY going to get married soon?" :noway:
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    When you go to antique fairs and find the CorningWare cookware you grew up with sporting price tags of $145/bowl or casserole dish.

And your mom won't let you have her stuff to sell on Ebay cuz she still uses her "antique" cookware on a regular basis.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    funny.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    When you go watch Monsters Inc University and see all the little kids, remembering that you were that age when you watched the first one.

When people ask for friends between 18-22 lol
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    When you remember Kennedy being shot, and everyone around you thinks that is history.
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    When you get the 2 day hangover...ugh.
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    what was the question again, my mind can't keep up with that much stimulation.
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    You have "To-do'lists"
    crawling out of bed looks like a monster movie.
    You have clothes in your closet at least two decades old.
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    When the kids you used to babysit and push on the swings pass their driving test. Or even worse, get married!