You know you're old when...

Options

Replies

• SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    When your favorite Clash song is in the kids movie: "The Pirates! Band of Misfits.":laugh:
  • joe_madre
    joe_madre Posts: 693
    Options
    When if you wanted to talk to your friend you went to their house, knocked on the door and hoped they were home.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Oh and complain about gasoline being $3.55 a gallon, starting stories with "when I was your age I paid .79 cents a gallon for gas...."

Try .49/gallon! Three bucks could have you cruisin' all night!

I remember $.29/gallon.

I can't remember because ours was delivered by the milkman in bottles. No one drank skim milk and the whole milk always had a layer of cream on top.

I posted earlier about being able to talk your parents into buying a quart of chocolate milk from the milkman. My uncle George (we called him Bus) was a milkman for Embassy Dairy in DC.
  • nottaquitter
    nottaquitter Posts: 130
    Options
    When you pay more for your own diapers than your kids diapers
  • leebesstoad
    Options
    Your morning TV consisted of Miss Connie on Romper Room and Captain Kangaroo.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    When you were in grade school and everyone had his or her favorite Beetle. Yours was Paul because Paul was handsome, sweet, and you were "square."
  • toutmonpossible
    Options

Oh, Mr. Green Jeans -- people think you're a brand for a sustainable clothes line.

Don't forget Wonderama. It used the theme from The Unsinkable Molly Brown, but you didn't know that.
  • nottaquitter
    nottaquitter Posts: 130
    Options
    When you can quote lines from Bradey Bunch reruns
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Wen your evening's bartender wasn't born when you were old enough to legally buy beer in the USA.

When you can remember selling cigarettes at the corner store for $1.25 a pack.
  • toutmonpossible
    Options
    When you can quote lines from Bradey Bunch reruns

When you can still sing the theme from "Talk to Mr. Ed." Nothing like those unsingable themes from "Mad Men," "Dexter," and "Breaking Bad."*

*J/K
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I run a chain of auto repair shops so bear with me here, but...

When your General Service Techs don't know how to start a carbureted car, or the kid working the local auto parts store doesn't know that long before Mitsubishi made a Lancer, Dodge also had a car named Lancer.

Le Sigh.

Or when you're best friend's "baby sister" who you visited the day she was born now has a 1 year old. :noway:
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I realized that the kids I teach were born in a different millenium than I was...

I tried to explain the concept of a dial up modem to a 13 year old and ended up saying "They sounded like Skrillex."
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    When you realize you've been out of highschool for four years.hollly efff.

Try 10 years see how you feel :) and oh and my husband has been out for 13 years now and his cousin who is 14 has no idea what a cassete is lol has never heard of transfomers or rainbow bright .

she has no idea what she's missing , just today I found my husbands Sega Genesis not sure where his super Nintendo is though.

Wish I could play not sure if I need any special adapaters though.

and that my daughters 16 months and turning 3 august 10th will never know what a record is a cassette or a vhs is ? They will never know what it was like to not have a cellphone or not have a video game system or having wireless internet or ipads , they don't have this now but someday they will.

Ill be 30 in Feb 9th and wow a lot had changed since I was born.
  • toutmonpossible
    Options
    Oh and complain about gasoline being $3.55 a gallon, starting stories with "when I was your age I paid .79 cents a gallon for gas...."

Try .49/gallon! Three bucks could have you cruisin' all night!

I remember $.29/gallon.

I can't remember because ours was delivered by the milkman in bottles. No one drank skim milk and the whole milk always had a layer of cream on top.

I posted earlier about being able to talk your parents into buying a quart of chocolate milk from the milkman. My uncle George (we called him Bus) was a milkman for Embassy Dairy in DC.

I saw that. We used a company called Weissglass Dairy. I don't remember the milkman's name, but his was nice, and always dressed from head to toe in white. He used to deliver the miilk around 6 in the morning.
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    You want to test drive a new car but are totally paranoid because; you don't know how the door opens let alone how to start the car and; are afraid to accidently touch something that might initiate a zombie or nuclear apocolypse !!!
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    When you scream out "Who Loves Orange Soda?!" and everyone stares at you weird or just racially assumes black people. smh
  • leebesstoad
    Options
    When you realize your 20 year old has never had anything other than high speed internet his entire life.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options

Oh, Mr. Green Jeans -- people think you're a brand for a sustainable clothes line.

Don't forget Wonderama. It used the theme from The Unsinkable Molly Brown, but you didn't know that.

And The Polka-dot Door! I can still hear the theme song.

Or, you remember when Sesame Street was actually good. Forgetful Jones, Guy Smiley, Franklin, Ernie & Bert were roommates (I remember the t.v. M skit, that was funny!!), Snuffleupugus was Big Bird's imaginary friend, Barkley, Mr Hooper ….
    Elmo wasn't there.
  • leebesstoad
    Options
    You were able to get your first drink at the age of 18 legally.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I am wearing a pair of jean shorts that are 30 years old that I just got back into. Also when everyone is saying Mam to me all the time!