Like minded Lushes - September

Options

Replies

• lmburi
    Options
    I LOVE this group...it's nice to know that I'm not the only one for whom alcohol is a major roadblock in weight loss. My goal is a bit different than others, and maybe it's a little weird, but since I typically only drink 1-2 drinks on weeknights, which are drinks I can afford calorie-wise, my goal is to only drink during the week and refrain from drinking entirely during the weekend, since it's so much harder to limit my intake during the weekend. (That sounds so weird to express out loud.)
  • jsg8tor
    jsg8tor Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    So I really didn't start out to cut out the booze but I haven't had any since Mon (Labor Day) and it's Thurs already. Maybe I'll cut it out during the week so start with.

Someone told me that drinking alcohol is like putting sugar into your gas tank, maybe that's why it's been so hard for me to lose weight.

Watching the new Jackie Warner show "Thintervention" and can totally relate to the girl, Nikki who doesn't want to give up her vodka, will see how she does :wink:

Congratulations to everyone on their successes!
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm on "travel" - 5 1/2 :noway: hour car ride -emergency - to take care of an aging family member - arrived here at 3:00AM GRRRRRRR

The good news::happy:
    Have meetings tomorrow - Hopefully I can drive home afterwards

The bad news::noway:
    No time to exercise
    Yesterday 3 gin & tonics at 4:00AM - I couldn't sleep - and yes I brought it with me
    And for dinner tonight - I bought a bottle of wine.
    Add really crappy hotel food. Hopefully I will go home in the AM

I did stop by the grocery store and make a healthy salad for dinner.

And sorry to admit - my nerves are shot - so yes, I am smoking. I realized today that if I am busy I don't miss the smokes. Add to my list of goals stay busy.

Tomorrow I will restart my counting of "clean days"
  • mvlaurel
    Options
    I have to admit, I did dump it. But don't feel too badly, as it was a really crappy, cheap merlot. There aren't very many wines I could do that to! :-)

This is my Sunday night, meaning my work week starts tomorrow. It's a short one this week though, as I will have Monday and Tuesday off too. My goal is to at least make it to Sunday afternoon w/o any alcohol. *sigh* It's such a bummer to be on such a different weekend schedule as everyone else. Oh well! We'll see how it goes!!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    last night was a brawny australian... tonight its a seductive italian... So much for an alcohol free 10 days :drinker:

Can I share the newest addition to our house? An 800 + bottle cellar. Quasi finished yesterday, one module was built too large, so new piece was ordered and ETA DATE 21ST.

DSC03895.jpgDSC03918.jpg
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Pam, got my passport...I'm on my way:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Pam, all I can say is SSSWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEETTT!! I want one.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    I know, eh? Totally sweet, 'cept the effects on your pocketbook! Jim is going to Napa next week... we just spent 2K on wine in Vermont... oh man!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Money well spent...who needs groceries??
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    :embarassed: my kids? :embarassed:

ETA: we are not wanting of anything. my kids are well fed. it's just a joke, but the money spent on this hobby is not!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Oh, ya, them!!! Forgot about kids!!!
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    Six days into 14 day kick start and have lost 3lbs. :smile:

2004153.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com -
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 0
    Thursday, 0

Mom216, hope that you recover from the stress quickly...if you have trouble sleeping, try a sleep aid from a drug store
    Oldbat, I am on day 4 trying to catch up with you
    Thinervention, interesting, wants to be thin and not give up vodka...keep us posted how that works out
    Pam, if I had that much wine in the house, I would just move my bed down there
  • rjadams
    Options
    well I made it thru last night. I am using red wine for my dinner tonight. the recipe calls for 1/2 a cup so of course DH and I have to finish the rest of the bottle. otherwise it would be abuse.

Pam, the most I ever spent on wine at one time was about 600 in Napa in 2001. oh and I did buy one bottle for $150 once because it was a special memory. we opened it last year on new years. it was great. I would love to have your wine cellar. maybe one day. (sigh)
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    Still no alcohol. Did a Pilates class this morning and felt really good afterwards, so think I will go on a regular basis. Keep up the good work fellow lushes!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Robin, yes, we hate alcohol abuse
    Oldbat, good job on staying clean

I feel like I might waiver tonight...it's borderline...c'mon lushes, give me your best pitch
  • nisijam5
    Options
    last night was a brawny australian... tonight its a seductive italian...

Pam, were those men or wines???
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Friday night and not even scrawny Australian for me!
  • rjadams
    Options

too funny.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options

Of course!! My husband would never allow me a brawny aussie, or seductive i-talian... but wine... heeeeyyyyyyy! So yeah, my wines are my men, I have affairs with... <sigh>