My FITNESS Pal, Keyword is FITNESS

Options

Replies

• dianebiaggini
    dianebiaggini Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I need a variety myself. Whether it is walking, running, elliptical or lifting. I will share that I have discovered a new way to be ACTIVE - playing with ropes. Yep, you heard me. Some gyms have them. Basically you are man-handling two ends of a 40 foot piece of rope that is 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick. Let me tell you - that stuff is heavy. So you are standing with both ends - one in each hand and rope is anchored to something 20 feet away. Now you try to move that rope in many different kinds of way. I thought is was stupid at first, but is was so unique. Let me tell you, it kicked my butt.

My personal trainer combined these ropes into my workouts. When I see those dreaded ropes, I feel fear!!! But wow, what a workout! I also love variety.
  • minijuggernaut
    minijuggernaut Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Bleh, I don't give a monkey's banana fart what anyone else thinks of what I am doing.
    I have my fingers in lots of pies. I am doing boxing, some weights work, abs and core, walking, biking, running, elliptical, rowing and would love to add some martial arts in there too.
    I think the best workout regimen is the one that keeps you interested and that covers a decent range of fitness.

Mmm, pie.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Seriously, will you just get over it? This is your THIRD damn post covering the SAME topic.

This is my first post on this topic. I posted a month ago with a question about a specific exercise and lifting heavy was given as the advice. Initially I said I would take the advice, but I started to notice those posters who offered other advice were being attacked and then i was attacked for stepping up for them, even after I said I would look into the lifting heavy programs recommended. So yes even if you say that program sounds like something worth my consideration, I guess I have to join in the bashing of the pilates and barre crowd in order for it to be acceptable.

I did some research in all the programs recommended and posted last night that lifting heavy is great, but there are other things out there that may work better for individual goals. Somehow selective reading turned it into just do cardio. So this is my first time posting a topic to stress that the F in MFP stand for Fitness. Some people think they are posting in My Lifting Pal., buy you are not. Perhaps this seems repetitive because the bullying has become so dominant in this site.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    EDIT: Ignore, because I screwed up. :)
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Seriously, will you just get over it? This is your THIRD damn post covering the SAME topic.

This is my first post on this topic. I posted a month ago with a question about a specific exercise and lifting heavy was given as the advice. Initially I said I would take the advice, but I started to notice those posters who offered other advice were being attacked and then i was attacked for stepping up for them, even after I said I would look into the lifting heavy programs recommended. So yes even if you say that program sounds like something worth my consideration, I guess I have to join in the bashing of the pilates and barre crowd in order for it to be acceptable.

I did some research in all the programs recommended and posted last night that lifting heavy is great, but there are other things out there that may work better for individual goals. Somehow selective reading turned it into just do cardio. So this is my first time posting a topic to stress that the F in MFP stand for Fitness. Some people think they are posting in My Lifting Pal., buy you are not. Perhaps this seems repetitive because the bullying has become so dominant in this site.

My advice, lift heavy :flowerforyou:
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Um... What?

I lift. I also do cardio, ride horses and pole dance.

I know where you can do all of that at the same time.

carousel-2.jpg

Yay! You win the Internet today! Gold star.
  • minijuggernaut
    Options

My advice, lift heavy :flowerforyou:

Do you even...:laugh:
  • minijuggernaut
    Options
    I find that deadlifting a big heavy object helps me work through these feelings of frustration I'm sensing in this thread.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    :huh:

ETA: many confuse disagreement with disrespect..... I mean I know both words start with dis.... But.....

ItsTrueTho.gif
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Bleh, I don't give a monkey's banana fart what anyone else thinks of what I am doing.
    I have my fingers in lots of pies. I am doing boxing, some weights work, abs and core, walking, biking, running, elliptical, rowing and would love to add some martial arts in there too.
    I think the best workout regimen is the one that keeps you interested and that covers a decent range of fitness.

Mmm, pie.

Lol. Yep, the pie of variety, though right now, I am rather fancying a banoffee pie with mascarpone cream.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    Um... What?

I lift. I also do cardio, ride horses and pole dance.

I know where you can do all of that at the same time.

carousel-2.jpg

Carousel lifts made me bulky. :sad:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Are we seriously rehashing this again? Why are you so upset about the advice that other people are giving members?
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

I actually mentioned this thread in the original post. But kudos for you for posting the link. It was closed by 9 am before I even replied and in 100+ posts a topic about the many strength training options and respecting other's journeys was turned into the OP hates lifting, wants to be skinnyfat and just does cardio. Before the bullies took over, there were a number of posts who agreed and welcomed my comments and actually shared their journeys. The kumbayah moment could only last but so long.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I've never seen bodyweight bashed here as long as it's a good program and progressive. I first heard about YAYOG from heavy lifting proponents and have received amazing encouragement from those who can genuinely lift a lot of weight.

If it's causing you so much distress maybe take a step back and either find a group you have common goals with or interact with your friends who share like thoughts.
  • Katkamm77
    Katkamm77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    dAUPUYQ.gif

My sentiments exactly!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    BTW, there is a group of people who might attack, criticize or demean you if you say the opposite of this.

Has anyone in the history of the interwebs ever found a forum where this statement would not be true?

Go on a cat site and mention declawing. Go on a dog site and say you want to breed your Boxer with your neighbor's Springer Spaniel so you can sell Box Spring puppies. Go on a pickup artist site and tell them women deserve respect. Go on a different dating advice site and see how poorly pickup artist type lines go over. Go on a pregnancy forum and say you don't believe in breast feeding. Go on a wedding forum and say... anything at all.
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    Let...

it

gooooooooo

All you're doing it rehashing the same point over and over. We get it. Move along.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I actually mentioned this thread in the original post. But kudos for you for posting the link. It was closed by 9 am before I even replied and in 100+ posts a topic about the many strength training options and respecting other's journeys was turned into the OP hates lifting, wants to be skinnyfat and just does cardio. Before the bullies took over, there were a number of posts who agreed and welcomed my comments and actually shared their journeys. The kumbayah moment could only last but so long.

jwHQo83.gif