Squats and Big Booties; redux

Options

Replies

• TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Booty-Tooch~

My butt is basically gone. My trainer kept saying I was losing my butt as I lost weight but I never really saw it until recently. So I'm hoping squatting and the like will help train that sucker, 'cause otherwise I'm going to be a pancake butt forever.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    In for booty picts....

And loving how the guys are finally putting their's up!! Woot woot!
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I do squats but I see that I need to go heavier. I'm 44 yrs old and if it's showing anywhere it's in my *kitten*. Thanks for the pics. You look fantastic!!
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Crank, Coder, and Evgeni . . . all splendid specimens of donk. Thank you, chelled, for this thread.

I'll be in my bunk.
  • angel5561
    angel5561 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i love bootys!!!! i dont have one yet myself but im trying really hard to get one im only doing body weight squats at the moment but i feel muscles in my booty where there were no muscles before and this is weird but ill tell you anyway i can make each booty cheek move on its own now lol yay for progress! in the next week or so ill be incorporating weights to my routine to try and amp up the results for now i still have a flat little white girl booty :(
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    My butt progress isn't that impressive, but I am certainly happy with the rest of my lower body.

a1k8df.jpg
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitness666.com/2012/06/squat-progression.html?m=1

Helpful link, for those not squatting heavy. A nice series of progressively harder squats to keep you challenged and your muscles working.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitness666.com/2012/06/squat-progression.html?m=1

Helpful link, for those not squatting heavy. A nice series of progressively harder squats to keep you challenged and your muscles working.

Thanks! I will try to start doing this...only I will go REAL slow. I didn't like being about to sit on the john without crying out in pain. hahaha.
  • lifechanger30
    lifechanger30 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    dem *kitten* *swoon* :heart: :devil: :heart:
  • JTutz
    JTutz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Body weights are effective but it's important to make sure you progress via harder moves, pauses, and elevation to continue to challenge yourself. I do body weight things 2/3 days a week (started 4 weeks ago or so, so I can confidently say most of my body changes are via heavy lifting.) mostly to help with my flexibility. I'm using Body By You/You are Your Own Gym as a guide.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the advice chelled! I am definitely going to take it. And let me just say that your Azz is truly inspirational.
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing such a great job, I'm so inspired : )
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    8f7ee178-b900-4359-8d8d-4850a01ff29c_zps87334bf7.jpg

Bad picture quality, but there it is regardless. :blushing:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Chelle that polka dot dress is awesome and you look fabulous. :love:
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I still say you look GREAT! I'll try to post some booty shots as well.

I stated my case in the last thread...yes, lifting has made my booty and thighs feel HUGE. But even just by looking at my one month progress photo on my profile you can see they haven't. They've actually gotten the tiniest bit smaller. The shift is what tricks you. I used to have a ton of fat on the inside and outside of my thighs, and fat above and hanging below my booty. Now the fat is shrinking away, but my glutes and quads are giving me a thicker appearance. Pretty much the same weight, just redistributed and firmer. Same pant size, different fit.

It's interesting, I think a bit of it is that your waist is noticeably smaller. Thank god for photos or it would be hard to objectively tell what's changing where.

Probably. I haven't seen my waist in quite a while, so it's nice to have it back.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    In for booty.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Chelle that polka dot dress is awesome and you look fabulous. :love:

Thank you. I got it from pinupgirl.com for my 'yay, 155' celebration. I love it! :heart: I also love PUG.com, and like to pimp it at every turn. Their stuff is so cute.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

This is last month...lol..wish i had thought to do it from the same angle.
    0d481258-55db-41c1-a7b5-842668e4530c_zpsd689c05f.jpg

Cranks, you know there is only one thing you can do to fix it. You have to take a new pic, for science.

Evgeni - wowsers!!

McB - holy butt and quads, dude!

IliftHeavyAcrylics - you are gorgeous :flowerforyou:

Coder - you have an incredible figure.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Great progress.

And as a member of the flat (and wide) butt black women club, I need more squats to get some shape. ;)
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    In for the bootyful pictures. Now off to do some squats
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    OK i will play.

The first picture is after I lost about 40 pounds or so... and was lifting a little...the second is 7 months later after lifting progressively heavier...and almost a year ago(Sept)

43e904c6-6490-434a-991c-a0da13034c0e_zpsfef378e7.jpg7b6f3f8b-8e60-45bf-9f5a-f8b2e5f7b7d1_zpse769af46.jpg

The pictures dont show how much smaller my waist is in the 2nd picture compared to the first...squats and deadlifts have really made a difference in my core as well...I believe squats do a BODY good, not just a BOOTY

This is last month...lol..wish i had thought to do it from the same angle.
    0d481258-55db-41c1-a7b5-842668e4530c_zpsd689c05f.jpg

in pants

8fbee77e-699d-4c56-a255-f5c699b3d272_zpsf9455c2c.jpg

andddddddddd dressed...shirt and yoga pants.
    9b8e31b2-ed62-4e35-b850-ef23944d0111_zpse9304bfd.jpg

and i have some pretty nice ones of my bare butt, but that wont fly here.:flowerforyou:

My booty looks much nicer in and out of clothing...if age matters i turned 42 this week

Happy belated birthday! You are my inspiration!! I turn 43 tomorrow.