Like minded Lushes - September

Options

Replies

• mvlaurel
    Options
    AMAZING wine cellar! Enjoy Napa. If you get a chance to do Amador county sometime, it's worth it!

Am sick today, so that makes it really easy not to drink. Nyquil doesn't count, does it? :-). Day 2 down!
  • lmburi
    Options
    Epic fail for me. New goal: two weeks completely alcohol free...here goes!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    last night was a brawny australian... tonight its a seductive italian...

Pam, were those men or wines???

Of course!! My husband would never allow me a brawny aussie, or seductive i-talian... but wine... heeeeyyyyyyy! So yeah, my wines are my men, I have affairs with... <sigh>

That's probably a good plan.. wine is better than men because......you can leave it in the cellar until you feel like letting it out and don't get in trouble for doing so :) and that's just one of the reasons :laugh:
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    WOW-- a whole week and no booze for me.. not even a glass of vino last night! Of course, I am auditioning for the Next Food Network Star on Monday -- so when that is said and done..... vino here I come.... or maybe a shot of liquid courage right before I go in --- :drinker:
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    I've got a fruity Australian shut in my fridge at the moment :happy:
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    WOW-- a whole week and no booze for me.. not even a glass of vino last night! Of course, I am auditioning for the Next Food Network Star on Monday -- so when that is said and done..... vino here I come.... or maybe a shot of liquid courage right before I go in --- :drinker:

good for you! Make sure to tell us when you are airing so we can watch (or at least me. I am a food network junkie).

No booze for me since 9/1 ... this is some sorta record.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    wow, two full bottles of red last night and I didn't even cook with it. we ended up ordering pizza. (I haven't had pizza in over a year) I can't beleive I used to eat and drink like that every day. over 3000 calories and over 5000 mg of sodium. Wow no wonder I was huge. I have come a long way. Now its time to climb back up on that wagon and do this right.
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Just checking in.....it is good to be back (sigh) :yawn:

Beautiful wine cellar - keepin the boys in the basement sounds like a good plan :blushing:

nisijam - thank you for the kind words

Goal - just make through today - :happy:
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    woohoo, I'm just off to the fridge to liberate my Aussie :drinker:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    last night was a brawny australian... tonight its a seductive italian...

Pam, were those men or wines???

Of course!! My husband would never allow me a brawny aussie, or seductive i-talian... but wine... heeeeyyyyyyy! So yeah, my wines are my men, I have affairs with... <sigh>

That's probably a good plan.. wine is better than men because......you can leave it in the cellar until you feel like letting it out and don't get in trouble for doing so :) and that's just one of the reasons :laugh:
    :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

You are *SO* right Yv...
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Who said, epic fail? Yep, that sums it up, 5 flirtinis on Friday (yes, I worked a full shift today and wanted to DIE) and 2 big beers at dinner tonight

Oh, well, back to soberism...
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    yeah, a full bottle of Mulderbosch Faithful Hound for me last night. Love the label description: "Faithful Hound 2005: The label celebrates the memory of the dog who, when abandoned by his master, kept a three year vigil outside an empty cottage on Mulderbosch Farm. Sadly, he died unrewarded for his loyalty." :brokenheart: :brokenheart: :cry: :cry: how sad is that? No wonder I love this one so much!
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    Hey, into Day 8 and still alcohol free. Am feeling down at the moment. Just over a year since my husband died and am missing him more than ever. Very tempting to have a drink but if I do I might climb into the bottle so I will try to keep strong.
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    So sorry for your loss, I cannot even imagine the heartache you are feeling. If you really think you'll climb into a bottle, then I wouldn't want to push it, but a good family friend goes to visit her husband on the anniversary of his passing with a glass of scotch for the two of them, pours one into his gravesite, and drinks one. I think it's a wonderful sentiment.

Sending you lots of strength!
  • mom216
    mom216 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Oldbat61 - sorry for your loss - sending you strength

New counter: 9/11 - alcohol free
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    Thanks guys, it helps to have this string to share with. Have resisted temptation so far and am determined to look myself in the mirror next weekend and say "Hey, I did it, 14 days without a drink, so now I can treat myself to a drink with dinner at weekends and still stay within the calorie count!!". :drinker:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    oldbat16, hang in there! My thoughts go out to you, and good job on the 14 days.

I was doing well... it's 12:09 pm right now and sadly I'm on my 3rd glass of wine... hello football.
  • Oldbat61
    Options
    oldbat16, hang in there! My thoughts go out to you, and good job on the 14 days.

I was doing well... it's 12:09 pm right now and sadly I'm on my 3rd glass of wine... hello football.

Thanks, Mama; its 19.11 here in the UK and am just about to have dinner with a diet soda (only 3 calories). Next Sunday I'll allow myself a gin and tonic - yippeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:
  • Wendybirduk
    Wendybirduk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You guys make me smile! I decided when I started here (6 days ago) that if I seriously wanted to change things I would have to cut down on the booze. Would easily drink over a bottle of wine a night after dinner!

Decision made to only drink at weekends and it MUST be within my calorie allowance or earned through exercise. So far so good! Tonight being Sunday I am on the last of my wine and then no booze at all for the rest of the week (roll on next weekend lol)

You guys have been such an inspiration and have motivated me to keep going and I just want to say thank you to you all.

Keep up the good work!

Birdy
  • missmaya24
    missmaya24 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My goal is to only drink on the weekend and hopefully limit it to 3 drinks a night. I also gotta cut back on the late night drunken Taco Bell run.