Friend request requirements

Options

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I rarely add friends. The friends I have get little communication with me as it is. When I do add its usually based on pure gut feeling and if I know you from friends statuses or forums.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Well I guess that makes me the biggest jerk of them all.....

****Disclaimer....if you choose to NOT INCLUDE a message to your request, you WILL be subject to the scrutiny of my existing friends....so you're better off telling me why you want to be as opposed to mystery friend roulette*****

you wouldn't believe how many people it wards off automatically, but then again I get requests with messages asking to be sent around anyway \m/

lol too funny :noway:
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I'm just to important to go to your page, you should feel special I give you the opportunity to post on mine!

blankstare.gif

Ok ok you have sufficiently shamed me how can I make it up to you!?!?:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Please it was all bravado and I can't.........take.........the...........indifference!:cry:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    FR must come with a note, otherwise automatic decline unless your page is just friggen astounding. It's the first thing written on my profile, if you don't even care enough to look, why are you sending friend requests?
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I rarely add friends. The friends I have get little communication with me as it is. When I do add its usually based on pure gut feeling and if I know you from friends statuses or forums.

I feel so special. :smooched:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Hi Taunto
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    i wouldnt know.I neither add nor get added on most days and i like it that way :)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I work for a living I dont MFP for a living. Aint no thang all are welcome all are welcome.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

but you added me?
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I generally accept everyone. I'm sort of a crappy friend. But if I send someone a request, I try to include a silly note about why.
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I have no desire to be Ash Catch'em of MFP friends list. If it seems like they're an active person on MFP and sends a message that's good.. no message.. well it's a maybe.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I'm just to important to go to your page, you should feel special I give you the opportunity to post on mine!

blankstare.gif

Ok ok you have sufficiently shamed me how can I make it up to you!?!?:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Please it was all bravado and I can't.........take.........the...........indifference!:cry:

Well send a friend request Silly! lol
  • ewells2420
    Options
    On a fitness website, where you will more than likely never meet anyone here, I don't think its really a big deal. Its not like you will ever really become 'friends' with anyone here.
  • Dreaaa
    Dreaaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I accept everybody but I go through and delete ones that aren't active every couple of months.

^^^SAME!! :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I don't have any requirements like a lot of my other friends do. I *appreciate* a message, but it's not necessary. It definitely doesn't have to be something of a compliment or patting me on the back or whatever, but a friendly "hi, can we support each other on here?" or similar makes a nice introduction.

That said, the only people I have denied are the ones that send creeper messages or have said things in the forums that I definitely disagree with (I don't need negative influences and arguments on here, just support for my goals and help if I need it). I frequently clean out my friends list as people tend to friend me and then not log on for months.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    On a fitness website, where you will more than likely never meet anyone here, I don't think its really a big deal. Its not like you will ever really become 'friends' with anyone here.

False. I have met and really became frienda with people here.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    I usually accept people unless they are creepy or trying to diet the unhealthy way (ED behaviors). I like it if they at least have some info about them on their profile and a picture, I would hesitate to friend someone that had a blank profile and no pic.
  • valerieschram
    valerieschram Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Good god, woman, I can't stop checking out those guns! Now what was the question again?
  • MamaCatO
    MamaCatO Posts: 100
    Options
    On here, I accept anyone. If they turn out to be a jerk, I'll delete them. Haven't had that come up yet, fortunately.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Lol, I just accept. So far only 3 people have bothered me. One deleted me (because I was calling him out on ****), Another deleted me because I disagreed on a PM (never even asked his advice), and this one girl keeps deactivating and activating new accounts and keeps requesting you as if you don't know it's her (creepy).

Other than that, everyone is pretty damn cool :glasses: