MRSpivey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    sorry - I'm having issues with pics
    20 pounds to go!
    34277608.png
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Please stop recommending your favorite brands. They could be exactly the wrong shoe for someone else! Get properly fitted at a running store!

At the very least look what goes into picking the right shoe for YOU!

http://www.runnersworld.com/shoeadvisor
  • ebonyb202
    ebonyb202 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Before 241
    After 157

I've just hit target, it took 18 months ish :)

Xx

5b100996-9f5c-4cc9-9350-81caa1bf9bdf_zpsd22564ce.jpg

064607aa-eb5e-4409-9336-0cd5b550ebeb_zps6c7ba8d6.jpg

Ahmazingg!!
  • marilynx
    marilynx Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I come from a parent who was always overweight and blamed it on having babies. I had a baby and feared getting fat. I am now thinner than i ever was. My fear of weight gain escalated to an eating disorder. I have always wondered how people let themselves get so far overweight. Like if my pants feel tight i panic! Some people just go buy new pants. Why do people let themselves go so far? I beg that nobody be offended by me. Its just an honest question that i have always wanted to ask.

Dear Dumbass,
    I "beg" that what I'm about to type doesn't "offend" you. I am in recovery from an eating disorder. Two years ago I was in the icu being intravenously fed.
    People asked me all the time "How did I let myself get so thin?" It goes both ways. After I was medically stabilized they put me on this unit for other people with eating disorders, I wasn't allowed to go home till I gained 22 pounds. Telling an anorexic they are trapped in an enclosed space with strangers till they gain 22 pounds is what panic feels like, knowing you have ****ed up so bad that you are no longer capable of making decisions for yourself...that is panic. Not your "pants feeling tight". The unit also housed people with other easting disorders. One patient in particular comes to mind...She literally would eat until she threw up. Her stomach was damaged from how much food she would eat at a time. Panic is eating an eating and not being able to stop. Also, "fear of gaining weight' alone does not turn into an eating disorder.;
    You are a tool. Kiss my *kitten*.
    Love,
    Jamie

Pwned.

So much for please don't be offended.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I come from a parent who was always overweight and blamed it on having babies. I had a baby and feared getting fat. I am now thinner than i ever was. My fear of weight gain escalated to an eating disorder. I have always wondered how people let themselves get so far overweight. Like if my pants feel tight i panic! Some people just go buy new pants. Why do people let themselves go so far? I beg that nobody be offended by me. Its just an honest question that i have always wanted to ask.

Dear Dumbass,
    I "beg" that what I'm about to type doesn't "offend" you. I am in recovery from an eating disorder. Two years ago I was in the icu being intravenously fed.
    People asked me all the time "How did I let myself get so thin?" It goes both ways. After I was medically stabilized they put me on this unit for other people with eating disorders, I wasn't allowed to go home till I gained 22 pounds. Telling an anorexic they are trapped in an enclosed space with strangers till they gain 22 pounds is what panic feels like, knowing you have ****ed up so bad that you are no longer capable of making decisions for yourself...that is panic. Not your "pants feeling tight". The unit also housed people with other easting disorders. One patient in particular comes to mind...She literally would eat until she threw up. Her stomach was damaged from how much food she would eat at a time. Panic is eating an eating and not being able to stop. Also, "fear of gaining weight' alone does not turn into an eating disorder.;
    Love,
    Jamie

Sweet. Thanks for your honest and open experience, which gives me a glimpse into the life of someone who is struggling with that extreme. Most of us truly have no clue what that is like. Nightmare, is the word that comes to mind. So glad that you survived and are continuing to get help. You also seem to have a lot of empathy for those on both ends of the spectrum. Wishing you a long and healthy life.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Please stop recommending your favorite brands. They could be exactly the wrong shoe for someone else! Get properly fitted at a running store!

At the very least look what goes into picking the right shoe for YOU!

http://www.runnersworld.com/shoeadvisor
    That wasn't my favorite brand. My fav is five fingers. They said larger guy. And no matter your instep asics can be rather good for a large range of people. Even against getting sized at the running room or somewhere of that nature (which can be a great choice, but they also have their fail moments depending on who you get and how your feet/back are). Sorry you cannot get me away from recommending these. I've gotten friends and family to try them with success. And that includes people that had their feet fitted and still had uncomfortable footwear when it came to wearing them for longer then standing in shoe store periods. My latest experience was suggesting a friend get her feet fitted since she was small and ran allot and then trying on a pair of asics to see what she thought... They fitted her for asics lol
  • tlmcint
    tlmcint Posts: 74 Member
    Options

First, Congratulations to all who've posted pics!! You all are truly inspirational and very brave, I bow to you.

To respond to the quoted post, yes, it's an offensive post, but I'm not offended. But there is no easy answer to your question of why people "let themselves go" Some answers are that it's a control issue. Their weight is one thing they actually can control, when everything else in their lives seems out of their control. Others subconsciously make themselves overweight as a shield, a protection against love or closeness... the answers are as varied as the individuals. Depression, fear, anger, hopelessness, emotions to strong to handle, etc, etc,

To judge someone is always the wrong approach and you will NEVER get someone to change by judging them. It may make you feel better about yourself to do so, but it harms the other person, and it even harms you truth be told. So ease up on people. Learn that you are flawed, the person next to you is flawed, we are all not perfect, if you expect someone to accept you, flaws and all, and be a friend, lover etc, then give the same first.

I strongly suspect your judgmental attitude comes from your own self worth issues and that is where you need to focus and fix. You are very brave for admitting you have an eating disorder, ask yourself all the reasons for that, and fix those. Just be a friend to others and support them in their own struggles, don't judge.
  • mandylgibbs
    mandylgibbs Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Picture004_zps86f9f956.jpg

In 9 months I have lost 85 pounds and dropped 65 inches. That is at 1500 calories a day, but I eat more if I'm hungry (truly hungry) after a big workout. I have been at this for 38 weeks. That is 266 days. I lost at a rate of 2.25 pounds a week and 1.7 inches a week. I ALMOST didn't post this picture after reading the comment of the girl who doesn't understand how someone could "let themselves go." I don't have a response for that. I just have this picture. This picture... my before picture... is a picture of a girl who stepped up and did something about her weight. I am strong! I am brave! I have my life and weight under control, and I'll show it proudly.
  • mariuselul
    Options
    That's what I'm talking about mama!
    Muah sweetness!
    Tell you what, if I get to 165 will you date me? :D
  • tlmcint
    tlmcint Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    "I ALMOST didn't post this picture after reading the comment of the girl who doesn't understand how someone could "let themselves go." I don't have a response for that. I just have this picture. This picture... my before picture... is a picture of a girl who stepped up and did something about her weight. I am strong! I am brave! I have my life and weight under control, and I'll show it proudly"

Now see this is why you don't judge people!! mandylgibbs almost didn't post her pics because of judgment... And wow!!! You are doing so very well and need to be extremely proud! Not only that, but posting your success so far gives the rest of us hope and more determination! Way to go! :)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I ALMOST didn't post this picture after reading the comment of the girl who doesn't understand how someone could "let themselves go." I don't have a response for that. I just have this picture. This picture... my before picture... is a picture of a girl who stepped up and did something about her weight. I am strong! I am brave! I have my life and weight under control, and I'll show it proudly.

You are AWESOME! I'm glad you posted.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

Dear Dumbass,
    Love,
    Jamie

tumblr_mcz617rSy01r38j04o1_500.gif

......and to the people who posted pictures

you all look fabulous and are very inspirational to me!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I ALMOST didn't post this picture after reading the comment of the girl who doesn't understand how someone could "let themselves go." I don't have a response for that. I just have this picture. This picture... my before picture... is a picture of a girl who stepped up and did something about her weight. I am strong! I am brave! I have my life and weight under control, and I'll show it proudly.

I'm glad you posted your pictures chick. You've done fab! Seriously well done. Ignore the other guy. xx
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Wow.... rude much?
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    compare22-30.jpg

After a week of doing Cardi0 Blitz

Yes, I said a WEEK!!
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options

WOW, sorry about your eating disorder, that sucks, but I guess I don't understand why you choose this thread to voice your dislike about people who have the opposite eating disorder? If you really wanted to know you should have posted a new thread (not that I think that would have went over any better) but these people have worked hard to get where are now, and I find it offensive (as most do) that you would try to take their moment in the spotlight away from them. **SMH**

AS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE WON THE BATTLE, CONGRATS TO YOU ~ JOB WELL DONE!!
  • shelley234
    shelley234 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Before 241
    After 157

Xx

You look amazing, How did u get ur tummy so flat ???? please share you secret :)))
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    This is not me at my heaviest. I've lost around 60 lbs total and have been able to keep it off.

47550353_4195.jpg
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    Before 241
    After 157

Xx

Wowzers!!!
  • momsgettinhealthy
    momsgettinhealthy Posts: 26 Member
    Options

For me I always was told I needed to finish everything on my plate regardless because of the starving children in *insert country here* and also we didn't have a lot of money so there was going to be no wasted food. Just as you have a negative relationship with food, so do I. We just go in opposite directions. I have honestly never understood how people could starve themselves but I always loved food. Now I'm working on gaining a healthy relationship with food and learning that it is there to fuel my body not feed my indulgences.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!