bump
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm new.... what does BUMP mean?
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Bump - Just means you want to be able to find this thread easy. You can then click on My Topics.
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Bump to my topics
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!:tongue:
  • LuckySue333
    Options
    There are a few of the receipes you mention I am going to try ... Sounds yummy...

You can put a roast in pot, potatoes, carrots and celery and cook for about 8 hrs... For a fast evening meal...

Same with chicken, pork chops, whatever you decide then add trimmings . To it and you have a meal fast when you get home...

I would say cook meat according to your crock pot book time sheet.... But for a chicken and roast it takes a good 8 hrs...
  • loriwilliams310
    Options
    Lentil Soup

• 1 one pound bag of lentils (DO NOT SOAK)

• 32 oz Chicken Broth

• 3 pieces of smoked turkey – [optional] either smoked turkey tails or smoked turkey necks (usually find this at an ethnic store in the fresh meat section

• 2 cups of water (or until lentils are covered by approximately 2-3 inches of liquid)

• 1 can of tomato paste (usually comes in a small can)

• 3 cloves of garlic (minced/chopped really fine) (or more if you like OR 1 tablespoon of garlic powder

• 2 stalks of celery (diced)

• Carrots (diced/sliced)

• 3 peppers (red, green, yellow – find these in frozen food section sometimes comes with onions. I found them in Ralph's). Peppers are also sold at Trader Joe's in frozen food section ($1.69 – add one large onion, diced if you buy it from Trader Joe's without onion)

• Sea salt & pepper (to taste – approximately 1 tablespoon)

• Mrs. Dash OR Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute (optional) 1 Tablespoon

• Wash the lentils and put them in your crock pot along with the veggies, seasonings, broth and tomato paste.

• If you have never used your crock pot before, make sure you cook them during the day and check them after 2 hours. It will probably take 3 to 4 hours on high if you have a new pot. Make sure to check them because they will burn. I cook on low overnight. DELICIOUS!!!!
    :heart:
  • loriwilliams310
    Options
    thanks for letting me know what "bump" means! I was CLUELESS!

bump
  • freemanamy22
    Options
    bump
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    saving this ... gosh shouldnt have read all those yummy recipes before lunch :laugh: my tummy is growling!
  • vanzeem
    vanzeem Posts: 107
    Options
    *bump*
  • bsweettt
    Options
    This one is my favorite, esp since it's only 4 ingredients! (Nice and cheap, plus, I'm not much of a cooker!)

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
    2 cans low sodium corn
    2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
    1 jar of chunky salsa
    optional at end- 1/2 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese (I don't find that you need to use it!)

spray pot, add corn, chicken, then beans and salsa (together).. cook for 8-10 hours on low (or whatever you choose for faster method)
    optional- add cheese last 15 minutes.

This recipe is beyond amazing. Beware with portion control- its so good you can easily over-do it!
    (It's great hot, but even BETTER cold)

Enjoy! =]
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    bump so i can read all later!

~i threw a small turkey in my crock pot this morn (seasoned w/ garlic etc...)
  • runnerBee
    Options
    Bump.
  • cjemtegaard
    Options
    these recipes are fabulous...sooo many i want to try!! thanks everyone keep the ideas coming!! :wink:
  • cjemtegaard
    Options
    :laugh: not sure if this was in here already or not but i love to make split pea soup with ham. i put a whole package of split peas in the crock pot with 7-8 cups, more or less depending on how thin or thick you like it, of half chicken stock and half vegetable stock. then i chop up celery and carrots and onions to your liking and put those in. then i cube up about 2 cups of ham (we like turkey ham) and put that in also. we cook it on low overnight and all day for dinner, and its amazing!! pepper as needed! :love:
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    bump